G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

The race to 100 winners Pike v J Mac v Purton

East Coast Racing
therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
edited September 2018 East Coast Racing
It's on and unlike Coca Cola's decision to discontinue Coke Zero, Moreira will be forever zero. However, I will put some respek on his name becos, like a steroid junkie on PCT, his balls have returned to functioning capacity now that Zac isn't there to bully him in Japan

Pike 23(26%)
J Mac 21(23%)
Purton 5(16%)
Moreira 0(0%)

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Pike 27(28%)
    J Mac 22(22%)
    Purton 5(12%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Pike 28(28%)
    J Mac 25(24%)
    Purton 7(14%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Zac had 4 winners and 2 x 2nds from just 8 rides at Sha Tin today

Pike 29(27%)
    J Mac 25(21%)
    Purton 11(19%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Pike 29(27%)
    J Mac 26(21%)
    Purton 13(21%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    J MAC 3 from 3 today

therealkramer likes this post.

jum said:

J MAC 3 from 3 today

Zac is on fire in HK atm. 2 wins and an agonising 2nd from 5 mounts at HV last night. Which makes his record this week 13:6-3
    J Mac at it again with a 5 timer today
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited October 2018

Imagine J MAC in Honkers.

He would smash the back out of your boy, Zachary. Kramer.

<:-P :)) :D :-j
    jum said:

Imagine J MAC in Honkers.

He would smash the back out of your boy, Zachary. Kramer.

<:-P :)) :D :-j
    That's quite possible-although you need to play the game there. It ain't just about talent, but, yes J Mac would be contender for the premiership, and he will win the Sydney 'chip this year by a wide margin
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Taking petrol to a fire the last jockey to be beaten on winx;;;.kramer?
    Pike 33(28%)
    J Mac 28(22%)
    Purton 16(21%)
    Moreira 0(0%)

Taking petrol to a fire the last jockey to be beaten on winx;;;.kramer?

I've posted about that previously. It was a shocker of a ride, too! Although to be fair J Mac almost got beat when he rode her too-admittedly it was over 1400m so he had less margin for error than Joao did over 2400m...
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    John Size has confirmed that he has applied to the HKJC to have Moreira registered as his stable jockey,

tony said:

John Size has confirmed that he has applied to the HKJC to have Moreira registered as his stable jockey,

;))
    edited October 2018
    @tony Y'all need to recognise i called this early by including Moreira in the 'race'. Maybe that's the spark Zac needs to up his output. His strike rate is not that much off last year but the #2 rider is Karis Teetan-he was 4th last year before Nash was DQ'd

*I did think it was interesting that Joao was last granted only a short term(one month) contract
    edited October 2018
    Pike 34(26%)
    J Mac 33(24%)
    Purton 17(20%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Joao sat the written test for the JRA which is required before a full time licence is granted but failed to pass.

Saw an interview with Gerals Mosse who said the written Japanese test was very difficult but he expected Joao to pass when allowed to take it again which is I believe several months away.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2018
    Apparently test was written in Japanese...next time he's requested it in English.
    edited October 2018
    tony said:

Joao sat the written test for the JRA which is required before a full time licence is granted but failed to pass.

Saw an interview with Gerals Mosse who said the written Japanese test was very difficult but he expected Joao to pass when allowed to take it again which is I believe several months away.
    The story angle coming out of HK suggests the HKJC was none too happy about the way Joao's exit played out. I'm not sure they'd  necessarily rubber stamp any application without some serious thought-especially if it's just an interim measure and likely to discourage the likes of De Sousa- a potential full time rider in the future.

edited October 2018

Apparently test was written in Japanese...next time he's requested it in English.

He does know it's a 'test', right?  :-/

I guess he did leave HK because it was a challenge all of a sudden. I think the reports coming out now support that theory/story has the legs of a supermodel. I mean it doesn't sound like he was very realistic about his ability to pas the notoriously difficult test that leads to a full time licence over there
    It was a written test about the local sports history that he failed.
    Um pardon.
    Realise should have known to study it a bit harder but how pedantic can they get. There rules though.
    He should have known better, really. If it really was his 'dream' to ride there then he surely should have been more diligent in preparing and he should have shown the HKJC far more respect than he did. I wouldn't go as far as to suggest he burned bridges though. Because he was still voted most popular jockey last season where he clearly wasn't the best jockey. So that popularity translates to turnover and money usually wins over pride in this industry..
    edited October 2018
    When it said local sports history he failed...don't know if that meant horse racing or sports in general.
    That's the equillavent of coming to Perth and having to pass a written exam on the West Coast Eagles or Perth Wildcats.
    Or of it's horse racing that would be akin to knowing who won the 1987 Perth Cup etc.

Seems abit silly but agree perhaps should have prepared better. Also that was only step one - then had to pass an oral test as well, but didn't get past first base of the written test.
    edited October 2018
    Pike 34(26%)
    J Mac 33(24%)
    Purton 19(21%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Pike 35(25%)
    J Mac 33(24%)
    Purton 22(22%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Pike 35(25%)
    J Mac 33(24%)
    Purton 23(21%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Pike 35(25%)
    J Mac 33(24%)
    Purton 23(21%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    Pike 39(26%)
    J Mac 33(24%)
    Purton 23(21%)
    Moreira 0(0%)
    edited November 2018
    The Tragic Man is back, baby! He was allegedly heard to exclaim "You're all winners!" as he crossed the finishing line in the final race, completing a running treble. Only Seinfeld fans picked up on the reference

Pike 47(27%)

J Mac 35(25%)
    Purton 28(19%)
    Moreira 3(33%)

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Why are you not counting Moreira's 5 winners in Japan (Kyoto) last Sunday?