Interstate bred 54

WA bred 86 + 5

Westspeed 16

Platinum 2

Non qualified 4

Stakes Winners unchanged

RIO likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    From this Saturday, two and three year old racing really starts to kick in and I expect to see the gap begin to narrow between Interstate and local. These numbers would have been very different if they were solely Saturday racing.

RIO, Bucks likes this post.

After the first meeting at Ascot

Interstate bred 55

WA bred 92 + 6

Westspeed 18

Platinum 2

Non qualified 4

Stakes winners

Interstate 2

WA bred 4 + 1

After 24th October

Interstate bred 60

WA bred 95 + 6

Westspeed 18

Platinum 2

Non qualified 4

Stakes winners unchanged

RIO likes this post.

After 27th October

Interstate bred 64

WA bred 99 + 6

Westspeed 19

Platinum 2

Non qualified 2

Stakes winners

Interstate 3

WA bred 4 + 1
    At the end of October

Interstate bred 66

WA bred 104 + 6

Westspeed 20

Platinum 2

Non qualified 2

all else unchanged

RIO likes this post.

After 3rd November

Interstate bred 70

WA bred 108 + 6

Westspeed 20

Platinum 3

Non qualified 2

Stakes winners

Interstate 4

WA bred 5 + 1
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Interstate is staying around that 40% Damo..Didn't think it wound be that much to be honest at this time of the season
    RIO said:

Interstate is staying around that 40% Damo..Didn't think it wound be that much to be honest at this time of the season

Rio if I was just doing Saturday's it would be even tighter. Above 45% I imagine.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I am surprised Damo.........I had the perception that they were taking over, but not to THAT degree.

Personally i feel it means that the Westspeed Bonus System is failing and all it has done is finance people to buy from out of WA..including the very breeders who need horses bred here for their traditional survival.

I would get Westspeed as it doesn't boost WA breeding except for breeders who go East and sell. But that's not how it now operates.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited November 2018
    As I’ve said before - to get any true measure you’d need to grade the mares per winner.
    Of course the e/s sired ones are going to be from better quality mares, hence they should have a higher strike rate - as though do, but perhaps not as high as expected (indicating the local sires are more than holding their own).

One suggestion I did make at the workshops is that they could perhaps restrict the number of eligible foals per mare - say you can’t have more than 2 or 3 consecutive (e/s sired) foals eligible...... Hence every third or fourth foal per mare would have to be WA sired to maintain eligibility.

Be interesting to see that happen with the top mares, and observe how often the WA sired foals end up as good, if not better than it’s more highly regarded siblings.
    In my own experience that’s been the case on numerous occasions...

Manchild, Gilgamesh likes this post.

After 10th November

Interstate bred 79

WA bred 116 + 6

Westspeed 20

Platinum 5

non qualified 2

Stakes winners

Interstate 6

WA bred 7 + 1
    Just to explain again what these numbers are tracking. It is Ascot and Belmont meetings only.

Interstate bred winners are self explanatory, WA bred winners need only to have at least one Interstate horse in the field running to be an outright WA win, the plus number are those races that were 100% WA bred fields.

The Westspeed figures relate only to two and three year old events, not charting distance winners under these stats.

Black type events numbers are the same as above. Only one Interstate bred horse in the field makes it a contested event.

At this early stage, that's after 3.5 months, I believe Westspeed needs to be tweaked as there is little support in real terms for Platinum as many of the winners would have been eligible but were not nominated. Far too many were not offered for sale or not even bred here but still found themselves in the base Westspeed scheme, supporting nothing about WA Breeders as far as I can see.

Quality races including most Saturdays, run closer to 50/50 in results even though some of those Interstate wins have come out of fields where there was as little as two runners but they still won. Interstate bred horses simply punch above their weight here in WA.

RIO, Gilgamesh, Manchild likes this post.

After 17th November

Interstate bred 83

WA bred 119 + 7

Westspeed 20 

Platinum 6

non qualified 2

Stakes winners

Interstate 8

WA bred 8 + 1
    After 21st November

Interstate bred 87

WA bred 123 + 7

Westspeed 22

all else unchanged
    After 24th November, Railway Stakes Day

Interstate bred 93

WA bred 126 + 7

Westspeed 22

Platinum 7

non qualified 2

Stakes winners

Interstate 12

WA bred 10 + 1
    Interstate bred horses for the first time have gone past WA bred horses in black type races. This is not unexpected as quality bred horses should win quality races. Whilst no Interstate raiders won today, it very well may happen in next week's Group 1 sprint with Viddora trying to defend her crown.

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

After the Winterbottom Day, 1st Dec

Interstate bred winners 99

WA bred 129 + 7

Westspeed 22

Platinum 7

non qualified 3

Stakes winners

Interstate 13

WA bred 10 + 1

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Still suggesting that Westspeed is not doing what it was designed to do, in my opinion
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    WA is ahead 129 - 99
    What would it be without ?
    Westspeed needs to be redesigned as it is failing WA Breeders now. The Platinum clause is not enough.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    What is the percentage of WA bred horses via East Cost bred.......The East coast bred horses are ahead by miles..And a lot of them have been funded and supported by Westspeed payments...

As i have stated for a very long time...like over a decade...Westspeed is a system for the top end of town. Not to keep the breeder/owner operators in the industry.

Oh, and i dont have a problem with that. But the problem is that RWWA believe their own bull5hit and reckon they are doing a great thing for the industry, when all they are doing is supporting a small section of the industry and all industry participants are paying for that!!
    98 Interstate yearlings are on offer in the upcoming 2019 Perth Magic Millions Sale, from a total of 310 Lots on offer. So with privately bred yearlings not offered for sale by breeders such as Bob Peters, it's reasonable to think that 140 out of 400 will enter 2021 as three year olds racing here in Perth. Firstly that's a lot coming through and secondly a higher percentage that what we may have seen in this current season. Many of them are from vastly superior Stallions in race performance and bloodline to what we have locally. So in respect to Westspeed, more and more horses will be non qualified for schemes such as Platinum.

Unfortunately this will also mean less success for WA Stallion Syndicates and I can only speak for myself and with this year being the last of the Blackfriars, I will be looking at his stock for one last hurrah. Universal Ruler at this moment in time is the only WA Stallion I would be prepared to support as he is proven, Snippetson I hope will fire here as we have several of them as well. It's still another year to Awesome Rock's stock hitting the yearling sales ring but he is the hope on the horizon. Demerit comes back into the market in 2019 but his stock have hit a glass ceiling.

I also signed for a non Westspeed horse this year for more money than I wanted to actually thought he may sell for but he has shown promise and in the end this is more important than any scheme. They still have to win races when it's all said and done.

RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Following the final day of the TAB Masters - 8th Dec 2018

Interstate bred winners 102

WA bred winners 135 + 7

Westspeed 22

Platinum 9

non qualified 2

Stakes winning Listed and Group

Interstate 16

WA bred 11 + 1

After 12th Dec

Interstate bred winners 105

WA bred winners 140 + 7

Westspeed 24

Platinum 9

all else unchanged

RIO likes this post.

After 15th Dec

Interstate bred 111

WA bred 143 + 7

Westspeed 25

Platinum 10

non qualified 2

Stakes winning Listed and Group

Interstate 17

WA bred 11 + 1
  • silkysilky    342 posts

98 Interstate yearlings are on offer in the upcoming 2019 Perth Magic Millions Sale, from a total of 310 Lots on offer. So with privately bred yearlings not offered for sale by breeders such as Bob Peters, it's reasonable to think that 140 out of 400 will enter 2021 as three year olds racing here in Perth. Firstly that's a lot coming through and secondly a higher percentage that what we may have seen in this current season. Many of them are from vastly superior Stallions in race performance and bloodline to what we have locally. So in respect to Westspeed, more and more horses will be non qualified for schemes such as Platinum.

Unfortunately this will also mean less success for WA Stallion Syndicates and I can only speak for myself and with this year being the last of the Blackfriars, I will be looking at his stock for one last hurrah. Universal Ruler at this moment in time is the only WA Stallion I would be prepared to support as he is proven, Snippetson I hope will fire here as we have several of them as well. It's still another year to Awesome Rock's stock hitting the yearling sales ring but he is the hope on the horizon. Demerit comes back into the market in 2019 but his stock have hit a glass ceiling.

I also signed for a non Westspeed horse this year for more money than I wanted to actually thought he may sell for but he has shown promise and in the end this is more important than any scheme. They still have to win races when it's all said and done.

Blackfriars will have his final yearlings next year Damo
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Good point Silky...Who wants a share in a nice long legged blackfriars filly??