G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Trap For Fools - Cups

East Coast Racing

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    didn't starstruck also win the Aust. Cup over 2000m at Flemington? I stand corrected..
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    No need to be corrected, when you are correct Falc.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Timeform Ratings: WA Horses - Mackinnon Winners: Past 20 Years

2018: Trap For Fools: 118

2016: Awesome Rock: 122

2009: Scenic Shot: 123

1999: Rogan Josh: 115
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    TheDiva said:

The valley is surely his track though... might be a bit harder at Flemington. 

That's what I thought but he proved us wrong mate by winning at Flemington. Tough horse he is
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    jum said:

PC said:

I thought it was a career best performance by Trap For Fools in the Turnbull Stakes. Finished 5th and only 1.95 lengths from the winner (Winx). Great effort.

Would be good to see him cometitive in a Caulfield Cup and just run well. Last year WA horse Boom Time won the Caulfield Cup..you'd probably think Trap For fools is not at Boom Time's level yet

He's better than Boom Time by about 3 lengths IMHO.

I owe you an apology mate. Trap For Fools is better then Boom Time as you said or at the very lease - the equal of Boom Time. A month or so ago I said Boom Time was better as he "had the runs on the board"...well since then Trap For Fools has had a good spring carnival

I think they are different horses...Boom Time is a 2400m horse and Trap For Fools is a 2000m horse who probably just gets 2500m.

jum likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    As I thought - he looked tired today in the Kingston Town. Should never have ran in my opinion. He won the Mackinnon which is a better race. Should of been spelled in my opinion.

oldhendo, jum, therealkramer likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Trainer suspended for lying to stewards: 

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    TheDiva said:

[-X
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited December 2018
    I dont see the benefit of yarning about a horses location. Just tell the truth, why would u lie about that?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Geez you get less for cobalt
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    TheDiva said:

looks like the soap didn't work on mcleans tongue in 2006 .when weir had his horses at mcleans stables, the stewards said mcleans is a singularly unrealiable witness back then. Look up rvl stewards release reasons in weir  mclean case 2006...… have become bigger then the game.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    WA horse Trap For Fools run in the Listed Mornington Cup on Saturday. Is top weight with 61kg.

The winner of the Mornington Cup is guaranteed a start in the Caulfield cup in the spring.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    PC said:

WA horse Trap For Fools run in the Listed Mornington Cup on Saturday. Is top weight with 61kg.

The winner of the Mornington Cup is guaranteed a start in the Caulfield cup in the spring.

Carpenter has already said the horse is assured of a CC start so he won't need to win on Saturday for that reason.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Trap For Fools was very game with the 61kg top weight...ran 3rd..only 3/4 of a length from the winner in the Listed Mornington Cup. The winner gets a guaranteed run in the Caulfield Cup now.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Trap For Fools's record in the east is:

13 starts: 3-3-3

Pretty consistent.

Kane_26 likes this post.