In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Poor Louise Alberto, 

The Ian Baker Finch of Pacing.

Great effort again by you Gilga and the other Pacing Punters who contribute to the forum. Well played all.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Think "they" will round up the Marshall next week; lessons were learnt tonight.

As impressive as he was ( and he was ) he's a risk next week and that's wherever he draws.

That's got to take a little bit out of him surely, something will either grab him next week or get away from him...just don't know who ???
    edited January 2019
    Think if he happened to jag another 1,2,3, barrier - they'll attack again - but this time even harder - if he happened to draw the backline they'll watch him like a hawk.

Offthebit..reckon he's a betfair lay next week!

If he happens to absorb it all again and win - it's huge.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

Yeah lets. With a horse that had AF 3 months ago. Yeah that will be smart.

You must consider him subhuman he’s never made a mistake in your eyes

I think you will find i have given him a cook before but i appreciate your input.
  • Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts

I think you will find i have given him a cook before but i appreciate your input.
    Show me where you have ever said a bad word about him? I like curly as a driver and as a bloke but it's your fan girling that is beyond embarrassing!!!

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

edited January 2019
    The other thing about tonight's race and it's to do with GP - am all for leaving it as it is - but question by 2019 standards is our track too small ? Or does that make for better racing ?

Just on drives and better put this in the fine print section haha and it made no difference to the result, the winner was a class above them but Lewis & Suvaljko - you know better boys! Both basically gone after 400 metres.
    The horse Lewis drove even though a mile back after dropping out, was actually coming again on the line and ran ok.

edited January 2019
    At the end of the day - early markets said 12/1 bar two - after all the conjecture and moves in the Fremantle Cup the best two horses ran first and second - in order.

Even though he ran second favourite Galactic Star was completely ignored in betting, never stopped drifting from 3/1 to 11/2 - run was outstanding to finish second.

A good draw from 1,2 or 3 next week and almost the one to beat. He's a better horse than ever.
    Kane_26 said:

Show me where you have ever said a bad word about him? I like curly as a driver and as a bloke but it's your fan girling that is beyond embarrassing!!!

FAN girling. Bwahahha.
    Appreciate your input
    edited January 2019
    Votes from tonight;
    1. Ross Olivieri for finally getting I'm Full Of Excuses back to winning form.
    2. Anthony Butt - it really was like the Little Big Horn out there - he had Indians attacking him left, right and centre. Carried the cavalry flag and a heady front running drive not to get scalped.
    3. Gilgamesh - anybody who can get I'm Batman into a place ( he must have been better than 10/1 a drum with some corporates ) that's an enormous effort.

VillageKid likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Geez. Big look around by junior to see where Lady Del La Renta was at the top of the straight approaching the bell lap. Everyone played there part in softening up the fave and putting the winner in the best position. Hmmmmm.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    detonator said:

Geez. Big look around by junior to see where Lady Del La Renta was at the top of the straight approaching the bell lap. Everyone played there part in softening up the fave and putting the winner in the best position. Hmmmmm.

Back to the AFL forum and your beloved Eagles for you Detonator.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    The last race at Bussleton is about the most exciting harness race ive seen in WA in the last 4 years

Race 7 at Melton - you only need to watch the last 400 metres - but thats  the type of track GP needs to be somehow - watching GP last night was like watching Narrogin Tuesday night
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

detonator said:

Just an observation Chariots and talking thru my kick.
    Sorry for daring to comment on the inner sanctum of the GP harness club.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited January 2019
    detonator said:

detonator said:

Just an observation Chariots and talking thru my kick.
    Sorry for daring to comment on the inner sanctum of the GP harness club.
    You can use your Sheed pass at the door here detonator ....no worries at all brother  ;)

VillageKid, detonator likes this post.

That's been the main surprise with PTT for me - just took for granted that around 90% of punters who followed the trots would follow the races and vice versa.
    In actual % terms it would be lucky to be 5%, that's been a bit of a shock.
    Dare say, even more surprisingly a little animosity between the codes.
    I like 'em 50% each.

VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts

That's been the main surprise with PTT for me - just took for granted that around 90% of punters who followed the trots would follow the races and vice versa.
    In actual % terms it would be lucky to be 5%, that's been a bit of a shock.
    Dare say, even more surprisingly a little animosity between the codes.
    I like 'em 50% each.

Disagree totally mate

In the words of Kevin Newman - " Harness Racing is about 5000 times more exciting  than the gallops " - i agree totally

I  first went to a live Trots meeting when i was about 11 - and i thought - how exciting is this - absolutely fantastic

There was this kid up the road - who was hooked more than me - we were allowed to play cricket in his Grandmothers back yard - never forget one evening i came in to bowl - just a tennis ball - he was batting - and he put up his hand up  for me stop - and i said why - he pulled out his little radio - and he said ive got to listen to this Trots Race - lol
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Kane_26 said:

FAN girling. Bwahahha.
    Appreciate your input

What would you call it? I’m also a Ryan fan but you take it next level I’d be embarrassed if I was Ryan

Kane_26 likes this post.

Kane_26 said:

FAN girling. Bwahahha.
    Appreciate your input

What would you call it? I’m also a Ryan fan but you take it next level I’d be embarrassed if I was Ryan

Im pretty confident he isnt mate
    But thanks for your input
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    The middle ground is somewhere between 2lifetimewinners and Offthebit.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

subhuman or superhuman @Rocket_Reign ? there is a small difference :-B

Hahaha yeah my bad got away with it for a good 24 hours before it was pointed out though
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts

Hahaha yeah my bad got away with it for a good 24 hours before it was pointed out though

Haha I thought you were saying he was subhuman so we had to give him a break for the bad drive!

For the record I think Ryan drives some very good races but also some pretty poor ones. Needs to find that consistently good level.
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts

You can't drive based on an AF. Horses can recover quite quick from that, and may never happen again.
    Americanbootscoota had this at one stage, and came out next start to win. 
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Markovina said:

The last race at Bussleton is about the most exciting harness race ive seen in WA in the last 4 years

Race 7 at Melton - you only need to watch the last 400 metres - but thats  the type of track GP needs to be somehow - watching GP last night was like watching Narrogin Tuesday night

Dare I say it...I've actually enjoyed watching Busselton more than GP.....
    Gilgamesh said:

Haha I thought you were saying he was subhuman so we had to give him a break for the bad drive!

For the record I think Ryan drives some very good races but also some pretty poor ones. Needs to find that consistently good level.

Betonme said:

You can't drive based on an AF. Horses can recover quite quick from that, and may never happen again.
    Americanbootscoota had this at one stage, and came out next start to win. 

Yeah that’s possibly the worst reasoning I’ve ever heard