G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

WA Pacing Cup - It's $10 bar two.

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Sportsbet put up early prices for all races last night, struggling to come up with any value myself. Benhope Rulz at the place price $3.50 may be overs.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    10k jackpot on the first four for Pacing Cup, was happy to leave I'm Full Of Excuses out of all calculations - then thought who's driving him - Shannon Suvaljko - the number of times he use to cut me out of the first four on things at 33/1-100 was incredible.
    No doubt he'll be diving to the pegs somewhere on the 100/1 shot.

Very rarely would put a horse in for third or fourth just because of the driver/jockey but their are remote exceptions and he's one.
    At the same time think I'm Full Of Excuses at 100/1 is unders.
    edited January 2019
    Very little change in the market today and appears to have settled, the big question will be will the Marshall run odds on or will bookmakers show some fortitude and bet black and white figures at least for a moment.

The horse that does interest a bit - Maczaffair, she kept poking up on the pegs at 150/1 when a close up sixth in the Fremantle Cup.
    Drawn the one and sitting on the back of either Rock'nroll Lincoln or Field Marshall should be able to at least hold her ground, as Saying Grace did with the same run.
    In a Golden Nugget did get close on the line at 125/1 when second to the outstanding Ultimate Machete. Definetly not the worst with the soft run.
    edited January 2019
    For Maczaffair though think the last mare to win a Pacing Cup would be Daintys Daughter in the early 70's for Bernie Cushing.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited January 2019

For Maczaffair though think the last mare to win a Pacing Cup would be Daintys Daughter in the early 70's for Bernie Cushing.

I believe the last mare to win the WA Pacing Cup was Pyramus in 1972 Riders.
    There have been some quality mares since who were unable to including Burrows, Line On, Whitbys Miss Penny, Norms Daughter etc

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Trained and driven by the Rifleman Les Marriot (nickname due to his similarity to Check Connors)

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid likes this post.