Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread

West Australian Racing

Comments

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Next Wednesday Ascot first race 3.04 last race 6.45, most gaps 30 mins
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Yeah nah gamble responsibly they reckon. Its a cop out phrase. Someone betting $3m a day, seriously! Had to be stolen money!!

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/betting-3-million-a-day-on-football-games-lawyer-gets-three-years-for-fraud-20190116-p50rnp.html
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    haha fk me! 

I shouldn't laugh though it's probably the equivalent to me punting on the Korean handball league 

""I don't know anything about those games or what league they play in," Clarke said in reference to some of the bets."
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    He should have become a bowler.
  • pikerpiker    404 posts
    Dream Lifter is back in work.
    Quotation from last run stewards report 'DREAM LIFTER Trainer advised that the gelding would now be retired'.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Will it be the Jagsey Turner show at Geraldton once again today?
    Para it said in the attached article he spent a estimated 100 million between 2015 - 2017 . wonder who else he was touching
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Yeah i was thinking the same.
    "Spent 100 million" would be turnover for sure so he could have achieved that with the money he took from Gordon.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Agent Pippa sold to new owners over East
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ i'd say mainly for breeding purposes.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2019
    That is why an ex girlfriend of mine went off with a bloke from Melbourne  ;))
    do we blame her.... ;))
     I thank her

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Just finished watching Esperance from yesterday, poor caller looked to have mixed up the colours in the last.
    ^^ did you how close it was, even the most experienced caller may have been confused..
    Fair call Falcon and I understand your loyalty to racecallers. As much as I would like to do it I would not do their job in a fit.

thefalcon likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    thefalcon said:

^^ did you how close it was, even the most experienced caller may have been confused..

I think you misunderstood my post Falc. , 

Not poor as in bad, but poor as in sorry.  
    And not a close finish wrong, it was a horse with very similar colours to the favourite that won. 
    Completly off track here but all good around your area Jum, see there is a big fire down your way. Hopefully not affecting you

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Though off subject very considerate of you Spinking. i concur and trust all is well Jungle Jum
    Okay to go even further off track and to endear me further to Carey.....

A very shy man with a premature ejaculation problem is encouraged by his girlfriend to attend a fancy dress party dressed as a tortoise with a penis attached. He soon came out of his shell :)) :))
    I had a financial interest in that Esperance race. The caller correctly identified Scotty Too Hotty and Yindi right through the call until the finish. He had a shocker. Similar colours but Yindi didn't have blinkers. 
     It was a shocker and he'd be kicking himself. He's pretty good generally and only human. Anyone watching surely knew he was in error straight away. I was on STH and didn't bat an eyelid.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    spinking said:

Completly off track here but all good around your area Jum, see there is a big fire down your way. Hopefully not affecting you

Mate, it got pretty scary for a few residents in Allanson, about 8 KMs outside of Collie. How lucky are we with our Fireys down this way. We were lucky that they got onto it really early. 3 Water Bomber planes and 4 Helicopters. got pretty lucky as the Wellington Weir was just 3 kms as the crow fly's from the fire. So short trips and could drop a heap from the Sky.

40 degrees and high winds in dry paddocks make it a scary prospect of what could have happened. Apparently only a shed and a small amount of livestock lost.

So a big thankyou to all our volunteer Fireys from all the districts that got here in no time to have it under control in 5 hours. Absolute Champions these people are.

^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Rodent said:

I had a financial interest in that Esperance race. The caller correctly identified Scotty Too Hotty and Yindi right through the call until the finish. He had a shocker. Similar colours but Yindi didn't have blinkers. 

It was a shocker and he'd be kicking himself. He's pretty good generally and only human. Anyone watching surely knew he was in error straight away. I was on STH and didn't bat an eyelid.
    Haha yep i watched the race and knew Yindi had missed. If you were on Yindi and only listening you would have been spewing blood becuase he called it to win and then gave confirmation and everything

Ends up running 4th 
    :))
    jum said:

spinking said:

40 degrees and high winds in dry paddocks make it a scary prospect of what could have happened. Apparently only a shed and a small amount of livestock lost.

So a big thankyou to all our volunteer Fireys from all the districts that got here in no time to have it under control in 5 hours. Absolute Champions these people are.

^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^
    That's great new Jum. Those Firemen do an amazing job. For many it would be too hot walking down the street let alone wearing all that gear and attending to fires.

spinking, jum likes this post.

• ElitistElitist    365 posts
    3yo gelding Mafeking debuts at Pakenham later today for Wyadup Valley farm. Pretty sure they had a very handy stayer of the same name go around 15 odd years ago , even went round in a Winterbottom. Was a fav of mine.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I see Noske got done for 1 extra strike with the whip and copped 7 days. About time these suspensions were handed out. Agree or not it's the rules now. Hopefully there will be more stringency going forward

Whispers likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    For his (winning) ride of Four Letter Werd?
    If so then that’s a ridiculous suspension as it was clearly the difference in winning the race and getting beaten a nose! Surely common sense should come in to play when handing out suspensions for these type of offences

savethegame, thefalcon likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    What a grey area it is.
    Tell you what though if was ever to lose a race ( punting wise ) because of excessive use of the whip that would be the finish of it for me.

However if was to gain a result - now that's a different story.

hash likes this post.

Think he has been done for it a few times now. Most probably taken into consideration when coming up with the suspension