In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 45 Non Members

Darren Weir's stable raided by police

West Australian Racing

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2019
    Do you have any WA heroes other than Oliver Jiggers? There are certainly candidates in this state.
    edited January 2019
    QUOTE DAARBS     A fella in know told me 18 months ago weiry was getting some gear from the US that they couldn’t test for......

Interesting because presuming we are both on the same page he is allegedly not the only one.

I learnt several weeks ago that a business contact is very good friends with a jockey who rides regularly for Weir. Earlier today his response to me when questioned was 'are you surprised' and though not I stated that I would be surprised if his mate also worked for Battery World. He said no he doubts it and he just rides them and wants to ride winners. Nothing inferred.
    Allegedly found jiggers, cocaine, firearm..Hey what about the infamous Vaporub?
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited January 2019

Why are all my hero’s so disappointing in racing ?

Moody
    Kavanagh
    Weir
    Basil
    Smerdon
    Cassidy
    Nikolic
    McDonald
    Oliver

Makes you feel like giving the punt up looking back I’m feeling miffed about my 500ew on Max Dynamite in the 2015 Melbourne Cup.now !

No wonder the non racing people scoff about betting on horses. This **** gives racing such s bad name over it.

Horse racing began in 1788 in Australia. This **** has been going on for 200+ years and it will go on for another 200+ years.

:-?? why is everyone so shocked and surprised :-??

therealkramer, Offthebit likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Unfortunately being one of Australia’s biggest trainers watch the mileage the animal rights groups such as pets or whatever they call themselves obtain from this
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    spinking said:

Unfortunately being one of Australia’s biggest trainers watch the mileage the animal rights groups such as pets or whatever they call themselves obtain from this

let's look at it another way, weir and his warrnambool foreman wanted the beaches despite knowing the damage it would cause to endangered wildlife and the ecology of the area.
    in other words......whatever it takes.
    now keep in mind those beaches are actually a coastal reserve, with special significance to aborigines, and some of the birds there are supposed to be protected by an EPBC(look it up).

now why am i not surprised with this?
    if they don't give a fig for the destruction they would cause, then why would they give a fig about being cruel to their horses?

I for one, hope the animal people milk it for as much as they possibly can.....
    it's very well justified in my view.

politicians have bent over for them , and i hope to christ they are squirming, and i will make sure they get plenty of feedback from the likes of me.
    what irks me mostly is that those politicians that never followed due process to give weir what he wanted are labor and they are scum.....and that's from a usual labor voter.

so sorry spinking, i think it is great.

brady, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

strop dislikes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    how many trainers in australia would have "business as usual" this morning at their stables... after 4 jiggers were found at the premises yesterday?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Anybody caught with a jigger should have only one penalty - apply it to themselves!
    Then business as usual.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Being reported now that several high profile Owners have picked up their horses today.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts

Being reported now that several high profile Owners have picked up their horses today.

not the one that owns whispering brook apparently.
    was he not on this forum at one stage?
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

Bunch of soft cocks. They were happy to give Weir an 'unfair' advantage by sheer weight of numbers. Similar thing here in Sydney with Waller-no one wants their horses to go to a battling trainer
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Looking at a minimum 2yrs just for having a jigger at the property ????

Royboy likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    carey said:

not the one that owns whispering brook apparently.
    was he not on this forum at one stage?
    By profile I meant those that had a string of horses, not a single one.
  • stropstrop    5 posts
    Trial by media is now trial by PTT
    Tell me a valid reason for having a jigger in the stables??
    Don't know about trial by PTT Strop, biggest story in Aussie if not maybe world racing probably. Most sites who's content is about racing is going to have opinions expressed about it.Toepunt don't know if it's valid but not hard to work out the reason for having one or four

jum likes this post.

Should have maybe wrote within the rules of racing
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    My friend has told me a few interesting things but not sure I should mention them. You dont know who is reading these forums in terms of legality issues..

spinking, Rex likes this post.

edited January 2019
    I thought everyone was Gettin' Jiggy With It? 

PC we may have a mutual friend
    spinking said:

PC we may have a mutual friend

:-h

spinking likes this post.

Cunny funt Krammer

Manchild likes this post.

spinking said:

Cunny funt Krammer

:D
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Reassured by radio reports this morning that swabs from the Weir /Maclean winners in WA showed that they had not swallowed jiggers.

Rex likes this post.

• GepettoGepetto    99 posts

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Goodbye Weir Goodbye Beer....
    edited February 2019
    The_Bull said:

Goodbye Weir Goodbye Beer....

Unlike the criminal proceedings, keeping mute like they did when interviewed by the stewards, isn't going to help Weir & co so they'll likely get banned for this. But in the words of Shaun Micallef, "I'm appealing, very appealing"...this ain't over by a long shot :-@