In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Darren Weir's stable raided by police

West Australian Racing

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2019
    Weir and lawyer  proposed to settle for a 2 year ban. Weir is playing with himself and everyone else's. If guilty and hard to presume the video and audio evidence will prove otherwise he should get a life ban. 

He has amassed a fortune fraudulently (okay I must state allegedly) and gets to keep every cent apart from legal expenses so what will he care. I doubt, if found guilty, there will be any hint of shame or embarrassment and the only remorse will be for getting caught.

Last time I checked fraud and jail time go hand in hand.

Obviously I will note the legal cliche innocent until proven guilty or in this case perhaps admits guilt due to evidence proposed.

RIO likes this post.

• AmyquilAmyquil    250 posts

Weir and lawyer  proposed to settle for a 2 year ban. Weir is playing with himself and everyone else's. If guilty and hard to presume the video and audio evidence will prove otherwise he should get a life ban. 

He has amassed a fortune fraudulently (okay I must state allegedly) and gets to keep every cent apart from legal expenses so what will he care. I doubt, if found guilty, there will be any hint of shame or embarrassment and the only remorse will be for getting caught.

Obviously I will note the legal cliche innocent until proven guilty or in this case perhaps admits guilt due to evidence proposed.
    Will be working for Racing.com in no time

carey likes this post.

• AmyquilAmyquil    250 posts

@Amyquil So what happens to non-triers if trainers stop using jiggers? Furthermore, what happens when they ban the whip, which they eventually will. It's all well and good for the industry to cut of its nose to spite its face but there will be no industry left to worry about soon enough

@Amyquil So what happens to non-triers if trainers stop using jiggers? Furthermore, what happens when they ban the whip, which they eventually will. It's all well and good for the industry to cut of its nose to spite its face but there will be no industry left to worry about soon enough

It's probably a topic for another thread but I would hope that "non-triers" along with most other horses end up with the skilled trainer who can get the best out of them. Maybe the cream of the trainers will be allowed to rise to the top.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    IF guilty in my opinion he should get a life ban and never set foot on a racetrack of any sort in Australia again...

Then ll info handed to the police to lay charges of known fraud....

If guilty we cant have the people we all aspire to, treat the entire industry with such contempt
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited February 2019
    @rio I doubt it's possible to prove fraud or even obtaining money by deception. They found the jiggers so they can get him on that and maybe animal cruelty IF there's video evidence of their use. Other than that that don't have squat and Weir reportedly stayed mum. Now, it's different with the stewards becos they can give him a mandatory just for having the jiggers. He won't plead guilty to anything considering he didn't say **** to the cops. He may appeal i suppose but we'll find out more tomorrow.

RIO, H-BOMBER likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Amyquil said:

It's probably a topic for another thread but I would hope that "non-triers" along with most other horses end up with the skilled trainer who can get the best out of them. Maybe the cream of the trainers will be allowed to rise to the top.
    Archie Alexander, who is a neigbouring trainer to Weir, conceded that DK's best 50 horses have already gone to larger, more successful trainers which confirms my earlier thoughts. You'd wanna hope they're squeaky clean though...
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    Amyquil said:

Will be working for Racing.com in no time

that is about the gist of it.
    they always seem to be welcomed back into the fold, no matter what they have done, nor how many times.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Seems like he is handing his licence in and will walk away from the game
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2019
    As he shuts the stable door behind...Racing.com here I come!

But it's not only ex trainers.. can count 4 ( off top of the head ) media guys who have worked for Racing.Com ( and when TVN ) all been charged by stewards for various offences.

They were either working for TVN/Racing.Com at the time or found there way to them.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Interesting that as of now, no horses are going to the Hawks / Waterhouse camp..
    Must admit though thought Peter Moody was great to listen to over the carnival - his assessing of the upcoming race and after race summaries were excellent.

Prefer to listen to him than the normal hyperbole of speed maps and sectionals.
  • chocchoc    788 posts

Must admit though thought Peter Moody was great to listen to over the carnival - his assessing of the upcoming race and after race summaries were excellent.

Prefer to listen to him than the normal hyperbole of speed maps and sectionals.

Agree.
    If I hear another learned Racing Media commentator when assessing a race blindly say: "this horse maps well", I'm going to fkn spew, Terry Wallace style.

Ridersonthestorm33, Manchild likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Ignorant question here. There is a Peter Moody training in South Australia? Had a winner yesterday at Strathalbyn. Is it THE Peter Moody or another?
    edited February 2019
    Another bomber - and no relation...but a good coincidence.
    edited February 2019
    For sure choc - Peter Moody he's an old skool type of bloke - yet found his views on the races refreshing.

Some of the form analysts with their ubiquitous speed maps, sectionals, betting exchanges, ''over the odds'' talk.. can grate.
    Moody spoke about the horses!

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    speed maps, sectionals...what a load of 'twang!!
    give me my eyes, replays, stewards reports, gear changes and i'm the full bottle...
    :-bd

jum, Ridersonthestorm33, Offthebit likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

@rio I doubt it's possible to prove fraud or even obtaining money by deception. They found the jiggers so they can get him on that and maybe animal cruelty IF there's video evidence of their use. Other than that that don't have squat and Weir reportedly stayed mum. Now, it's different with the stewards becos they can give him a mandatory just for having the jiggers. He won't plead guilty to anything considering he didn't say **** to the cops. He may appeal i suppose but we'll find out more tomorrow.

knowing and proving are 2 totally different concepts i agree TRK.... It just sad to see so many of thee people in high position guilty of anything..How many people have been lost to the industry due to continually running 2nd, or 3rd to his horse and not being able to afford to go around again??? Anyway, more fool me as i only look at racing these days as an owner breeder..Should just go back to punting
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    I think some people in the high positions in the banking industry could be eating porridge shortly..
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    All we know so far is they found the jiggers-how frequently they were used and how effective they were in translating to wins is unknown. People saying Prince of Penzance's Cup win is now under a cloud are seriously reaching. The fact that Weir's horses are being dispersed to his  main competition-who we're supposed to assume are 100% on the up-and-up is part of the problem. You can't go from marvelling at Weir's horsemanship one minute and then cast him as the devil incarnate the next. All the while, suspending your disbelief by giving his rivals a free pass.

jum likes this post.

RIO dislikes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    thefalcon said:

I think some people in the high positions in the banking industry could be eating porridge shortly..

Not before time either Falc

Chelsea, Manchild likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Apparently there is some juicy stuff to come... recorded phone call(s) to begin with, which put Weir and his 2ic firmly in the muck.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

All we know so far is they found the jiggers-how frequently they were used and how effective they were in translating to wins is unknown. People saying Prince of Penzance's Cup win is now under a cloud are seriously reaching. The fact that Weir's horses are being dispersed to his  main competition-who we're supposed to assume are 100% on the up-and-up is part of the problem. You can't go from marvelling at Weir's horsemanship one minute and then cast him as the devil incarnate the next. All the while, suspending your disbelief by giving his rivals a free pass.

I agree with this

oh well, i have ALWAYS thought he was a piece of crap.
    and i am sure there are more out there too.
    same for mclean.
    talk about mclean...interesting(if inconclusive) watching 'trap for fools' at about the 400m mark in the mackinnon

thefalcon likes this post.

I keep on thinking of that race carey, screaming at the tv willing him to keep on finding. It makes you wonder hey.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

i always thought it was good horse, but probably not g1 wfa in melbourne, although i don't how good the others were in that race.

but i am biased where these guys are concerned, so the 400m mark was probably nothing sinister.

paraletic said:

I keep on thinking of that race carey, screaming at the tv willing him to keep on finding. It makes you wonder hey.

Just want to be clear, nothing against this horse, he is tough as nails and i would love to have one like him.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

carey said:

oh well, i have ALWAYS thought he was a piece of crap.
    and i am sure there are more out there too.
    same for mclean.
    talk about mclean...interesting(if inconclusive) watching 'trap for fools' at about the 400m mark in the mackinnon

I'm more concerned about the tactics of that horse(an odds on fav) a few starts earlier at MV when Rawiller took a sit. Go watch that and tell me it doesn't look 'interesting'

H-BOMBER, jum likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts

They don't call him FONC for no reason...