G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Darren Weir's stable raided by police

West Australian Racing

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    I can't recall the name of the horse and perhaps ex UK runner but Freedman had a runner one day at Flemington that stormed down the outside near enough hand held to win. It made Rocket Racer look like Sammy The Snail. It didn't do a lot after that.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    The sport needs to move on quickly as it's credibility is in the gutter after this week.
    edited February 2019
    Let us see how these ex trained Weir runners perform. Will the proof be ion the pudding?

Thewogboys likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    now don't go barking at shadows...they are in a new environment, different food, water, routine so they will take some time to settle in. I am sure the trainers and owners know this.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    I have changed camps many times and slotted in very quickly..

RIO likes this post.

Time to settle in is fair enough Falcon.
  • JiggersnJuiceJiggersnJuice    10 posts
    Nice win nature strip pleased for connections wtf is he going to do with 412 horses to disperse

As an owner how could he give your horse individual attention they need

I guess there’s plenty of navy blue with white arm bands going around that are not trained by who is in the book mockery really

I had one bet today just couldn’t get into it despite a win

I’ll get my mojo back for racing but gutted for the honest people battling away in racing we all know

Maybe it will come out one day bolt was on the gear or Phelps then I’ll put my cue in the rack betting on racing and sport for good
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts

The sport needs to move on quickly as it's credibility is in the gutter after this week.

The credibility has been in the gutter for Years

carey likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

What was the race during the recent or year before spring carnival when D Weir quinella'd the race and when they cut to him he could be seen swearing under his breath like the wrong horse had won? Interesting then and more interesting now. I thought it was funny at the time

When Weir works his magic and his plan comes together, he shouts the bar !! ;)
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Just on the new training regimes these horses' alot trainers believe three weeks is needed to see whether a horse goes backwards or forwards when changes are made there was a code amongst trainers if they got a
    horse that they was recommended by previous trainer they would share50/50on monies earnt in first fortnight. so weiry still might've got a nice payday
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Your right Falc . Different environment new food water routines no jacks

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Every year the penalties for cheats should double. Irrespective of whether Freedman was a shonk, or Nikolic was a race fixer...EVERYONE in the industry knows what damage it does to the sport...So to then go and be a part of anything that brings the sport into disrepute, is a lot worse than whatever the last person did, as everyone should have learned from that.

This industry wont be shut down by the animal rights people...As with the Greyhound industry, the most destructive influence is the people who make a living from the industry, and the uneducated and unstructured way the industry is run..... It needs to get better in a big hurry, but it wont,as to many are making too much out of stretching the rules just a bit......And then they get caught!!!!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    RIO said:

Every year the penalties for cheats should double. Irrespective of whether Freedman was a shonk, or Nikolic was a race fixer...EVERYONE in the industry knows what damage it does to the sport...So to then go and be a part of anything that brings the sport into disrepute, is a lot worse than whatever the last person did, as everyone should have learned from that.

This industry wont be shut down by the animal rights people...As with the Greyhound industry, the most destructive influence is the people who make a living from the industry, and the uneducated and unstructured way the industry is run..... It needs to get better in a big hurry, but it wont,as to many are making too much out of stretching the rules just a bit......And then they get caught!!!!
    Rio
    My tip is that a lot of battling trainers who have nothing to lose are looking at the lead Weir had on the trainers table and are thinking " it's harp time because they obviously work and I am desperate ". Expecting more convictions this year than recent previous for mine.

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

Let us see how these ex trained Weir runners perform. Will the proof be ion the pudding?

Last week on the day you posted this comment ex Weir runners were 1 from 15 leading into the weekend. Yogi and Nature Strip were the only two to win from memory so now that record would be sitting at around 3 from 20 odd as of Monday morning
    ^^ what about Hawkshot...won a listed race for team hayes.

H-BOMBER, hash likes this post.

“From memory”
    Explains why I’m losing me marbles
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    thefalcon said:

^^ what about Hawkshot...won a listed race for team hayes.

They all went very well Ringerdingding was a great run also looks like the death riders might have got this prediction wrong.
    edited February 2019
    Silentz had its bubble burst
    Haven’t seen the replay from Saturday but the horse was low flying at its previous runs
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    hash said:

Silentz had its bubble burst
    Haven’t seen the replay from Saturday but the horse was low flying at its previous runs

Got too far back on Saturday and Yendall dropping the whip at the 300m didn’t help either. I wouldn’t jump off him just yet.

hash likes this post.

^^ he'll be dropping more than his whip...he was getting approx. 30 rides a week from DKW..thats 6 grand without riding a winner..and he was riding plenty of them...
    meal ticket shredded....
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    thefalcon said:

^^ he'll be dropping more than his whip...he was getting approx. 30 rides a week from DKW..thats 6 grand without riding a winner..and he was riding plenty of them...
    meal ticket shredded....
    He was willing to ride everywhere though and pretty much every day. He may lose some rides but most of those horses are still running in Melbourne so if he's not riding them he'll get on one of their rivals

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    thefalcon said:

meal ticket shredded....
    Im sure he has plenty stored away

thefalcon likes this post.

no rides at Kyneton today...maybe on holidays...
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    What I want to know is, who used them? Or more to the point, where they used? Is it right to say that if they are used it's while riding the horse in track work? Surely Darren Weir wasn't out there riding only the jigged ones.

There must have been dozens of people who knew of it. As the boss, D Weir has copped it to save the rest of them. Haven't seen much of John Allen riding of late?

oldhendo, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

...or dean yendall..they would HAVE to have known especially if they had to do the whip end trick. plus all the track workers and all and sundry would have known what was going on...we all know there are very few secrets in the racing game.
    what surprises me is that it was not exposed sooner...
    :-??

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

D Weir has copped it to save the rest of them. Haven't seen much of John Allen riding of late?

Bomber I think you will find he was suspended. Resumes at Donald on Friday riding for...Surprise Surprise.. Ciaron Maher.
    edited February 2019
    I reckon Yendall will pick up rides for stables such as Wilde, Williams, Maher etc based in the SW of the state. I see he is on Chauffer at Flemington for Hayes/Dabernig, a Weir horse he rode to a first up win. He was apprenticed to David Hayes at one stage, so does have that relationship already.
    Definitely won’t have the volume of mounts he had previously, however he has proven he is in the top echelon in Victoria. Four G1’s in the last three years, none were on Weir horses either.
    As for Allen, don’t know where we will be at. Heavyweight flat/jumps jockey who rode almost exclusively for Weir.
    John Allen is a very good rider, make no bones about it...
    He certainly is Falc, both on the flat and over the obstacles. It will be interesting to see if he gets a good number of rides for Maher & Eustace. He rides Guardini tomorrow for them, and the ex Weir horse Ringedingding for Chris Waller.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    edited February 2019
    Ben Currie issued 7 new charges, including using electronic devices. Oh dear me