In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread

West Australian Racing

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    hash said:

For his (winning) ride of Four Letter Werd?
    If so then that’s a ridiculous suspension as it was clearly the difference in winning the race and getting beaten a nose! Surely common sense should come in to play when handing out suspensions for these type of offences

Nope yesterday at Pinny
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited February 2019
    pharkkkkkk the West is such a quality rag, with such quality reporters.

Puts out a report on Thursday talking about a race on tomorrow!?!?!

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited February 2019
    Bunker Buster is a tough nut to crack :> 

Wait, wot? 

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2019
    Didn't bet on the race but did anyone notice the first four dividend on the Winx race ?
    That's one of the best dividends have seen - the deadset exacta in order - Patrick Erin running 4th has put value in but he had as much chance of running third or fourth as any of the other buggers.

Amazing dividend. Normally am reasonably close to the mark on novelty divies - but that one has thrown me - if took it would have thought if pays $50 minimum that's ok, hopefully $70 or $80 but definetly won't pay $100 - it paid $224.40.

In a small field with Winx you'd be wrapt with that dividend.
    edited February 2019
    Another question - the Tabtouch fixed odds haven't been available since Friday - wonder what is going on ?

How could it possibly be down for that long and something so simple have gone awry ? There the best!
    edited February 2019
    Just read on another site - the ones who did get on before the Friday breakdown - still not paid out. What a joke.
    Someone also said - "WA Tab for sale, needs TLC, make an offer".

paraletic, RIO likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    What horse did Chris Nelson just declare on The big breakfast @ $1.55. I walked in and missed the name.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    why? u gonna back it? if the West had any fair dinkum prices u could figure it out. bet its about 10's according to them.... >:P
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

The Fugazi ????????

Not going to back it Falc, Just interested. I like it when people put there balls on the line. Not many people are that courageous

• Chris Nelson is a Qld tipster
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    The tip was Sugar Boom and as Chris said he seldom tips odds on but thinks this first starter couls be very good.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    And gets nutted by a $90 shot
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited February 2019
    OUCH, And jockey should get 6 months. How the fuckkk did that lose
    that's racing, jum, we've all seen it a million times…. :-B

jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    jum said:

was a bit quiet on it it's last few strides... oops
    edited February 2019
    Not really into systems - but this one is as close to a reasonable one I've found - and exactly in relation to Sugar Boom's race - a Maiden.
    Trifecta betting and/or first four betting.

Field - favourite - field.
    Field - field - favourite.

The number of times seen a bolter win a maiden with the fave running a place happens a lot.
    In this case a big outsider winning and third was good too . 4k trifecta and 18k first four.
    It's just a system to keep an eye on.

Especially maiden races up the bush - but today it worked in town too.

detonator likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Seems to be a lot of $1.50 and shorter pops getting rolled lately. Zousain on Saturday, Sugar Boom today. Hmmm :-?
    jum said:

On the strength of Chris Nelson declaring it on the big breakfast I invested to win my lunch money for the day.
    Saw the result later on and thought oh well, another shortie gets rolled.
    Got home and watched the replay on the racing Queensland website and OMG.
    Jockey made sure the horse had spent his pennies from the 1000m onwards.
    Very interesting slow mo jockey closeup on the replay after crossing the line.
    Not dissimilar to Douggie White in the Kingston Town on SOJ.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Hmmm. Sugar Boom had ears pricked most of last 100m. The winner had her ears laid back, flat strap. I think the fave had more to give.....
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    The Fav was waiting for them, seen it plenty of times, jock could have layed into it with a piece of bamboo probably would have still waited, just doesn't know how to attack the line,
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited February 2019
    You blokes are dreaming. If an 80-1 pop 1st up without a trial having its 2nd career start doesn't launch from the pack, the odds on pop wins by panels as expected.
     If any of you think that the jockey on the fave was riding to lose, he got pretty lucky.

AceV likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Rodent said:

You blokes are dreaming. If an 80-1 pop 1st up without a trial having its 2nd career start doesn't launch from the pack, the odds on pop wins by panels as expected.

If any of you think that the jockey on the fave was riding to lose, he got pretty lucky.

But it didn't win by panels Rodent. That is the problem.

The jockey tried to look cute and sat up on it. And as a $1.50 pop it got rolled

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited February 2019
    Really? I must have looked at a different replay. I didn't see a jockey sitting up trying to look cute.
    Rodent said:

Really? I must have looked at a different replay. I didn't see a jockey sitting up trying to look cute.

Did you see Stewart strangle the horse from the 1000m to the turn to take a sit (for some unknown reason) and then proceed to go around it and kick clear under the whip 400m out ???
    Why would you not just let it roll along in front ? It was $1.50 after all, so hence it was considered by a lot of people "in the know" that it had this field covered.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Rodent said:

I agree with u Rodent, but I think he thought he had them covered and wasn't as aggressive to the line as he would be if he had a 2nd go at that same race. A small amount of pilot error rather than anything sinister might have been the reason it lost me thinks.
    Hoofnote:
    Both 1st and 2nd in that race look like they go alright. Can't really take anything away from the effort of the winner
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited February 2019
    Punters who took the shorts there about Uni Time in race 3 almost lost their shirts. You know what that means....TOGA! TOGA!

edited March 2019
    It's an amazing Bus too Rio - can even travel on water and was sailed into.

Without pre-empting anything - the Tabcorp incident during the week - total greed - highly paid position - and I want more!

Tabcorp not squeaky clean themselves though - most previous fine for money laundering ( again ) was a cool $45 million, with the concensus of opinion from the legal side - they got off lightly.

Gordon Gecko - Wall Street "greed is good", but in the movie , same as real life - karma bus - bang.

RIO likes this post.

fine upstanding family, the nicolics…... :-\"

Manchild likes this post.

• GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
      Can anyone explain to me why Jester Noir in race 6 today was declared a runner?

Not a cent on it, but looking at the replay the horse had reared in the air BEFORE the gates were opened.  I know it was a $30+ runner, but still to my eye was not given a chance at the start.....IMO