G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Changing topics - one thing i like ( never been their )  about Collie are the beautiful big trees in the back straight - looks great - much better than some of the dustbowls you look at 

=D> I see what you did there  lol
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

Only the fellows more closer to the driving caper will know...and I love country trotting - but by 2019 standards are tracks like Collie considered to be reasonably safe...or safe enough

There tough buggers you'd wouldn't be getting me out there for quids!

Safe enough but like with most things 5 into 3 just doesn't go, and all depends on what cowbiyc you are out there with
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    It is a tight  track - the 1st turn reminds me of the old Harold Park  Track

However today the track didnt cause the fall

Changing topics - one thing i like ( never been their )  about Collie are the beautiful big trees in the back straight - looks great - much better than some of the dustbowls you look at 

=D> I see what you did there  lol
    Are you drunk or am i dumb - i dont know what your talking about
    Wish I was drunk but no.....thought you were being a little sarcastic about the dust off the track at Collie with a little faint tree praise as a decoy. Carry on. 
    ps ...I was hoping Dean Miller on Andiamo Rusty was going to last but no.....Nowuseemesmile gets the job done for you...and stings up the list here for good measure
    [-O<

Wish I was drunk but no.....thought you were being a little sarcastic about the dust off the track at Collie with a little faint tree praise as a decoy. Carry on. 

ps ...I was hoping Dean Miller on Andiamo Rusty was going to last but no.....Nowuseemesmile gets the job done for you...and stings up the list here for good measure
    [-O<
    How ironic was that - the one horse i declared on this site ( and at an attractive $5 fixed odds ) nails Dean Millers drive right on the line . You could say at that exact point of time - i have shat over - completely shat over every other poster on this site - except Zimmerman ofcourse - because he liked my post

Cant wait to read the stewards report - what would really make my day - i read - driver D Miller dropped his whip at the top of the straight - or he went to pull the plugs - and there was a gear malfunction and they wouldnt release - lol

Offthebit likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2019
    Credit where credits due! Declared and delivered.
    Had to go out so just watched the replay now, lifted when it mattered with a capital L.

Quite like Collie ( it's a big commitment but invested in Sky 2 ) looks a ripper, you'd be gamer than Ned Kelly to drive on it!

I mixed up the laps on most of the events just watching, I'd be taking off real early. Well done to the drivers - everyone for themselves going into the first corner, the Collie dust. It's unique alright. Hope they keep on going.
    edited February 2019
    1 vote. Shannon Suvaljko - Compact Rocket - that's getting them away and rating in front.

2 votes. On course commentator - despite the adverse reactions refused to back away from leaving $2.10 favourite Mister Tom Dooley out of his top four. Never ever going to run a place from the time they stepped away.

3 votes. He who laughs last, laughs best - like him or lump him haha - Markovina dazzles with his one and only tip of the day - fittingly in the final race of the day.
  • That wasn’t Shannon, that was Nathan Turvey in behind. All drivers ok

VillageKid, JayJay, curmudgeon, Markovina likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Two other horses deserve a mention - a couple of beaut money spinners - they've earnt their trade along the way and did very well at the Busselton round - consistent as clockwork, Budd Sidewinder and Captain Proud.

The captain had to put in the big ones late to gain third and coming off 30 metres was a great effort. He's got a good style and racing in his best form ever.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Track had nothing to do with the fall, it was in the back straight, not on a bend. Was pretty chaotic but everyone and I repeat everyone had only the best interests of the horses and drivers immediately after the fall. I washed down  Kaydee and Dagati, both have what are hopefully only superficial cuts, grazes, Kaydee a little worse for wear with chunks out of one knee, Dagati relatively unscathed, Steve Burtons "war horse" the Dazzler not a mark, Nathan will be a bit sore tomorrow as will Maddy and Trent, who has copped a couple of nasty ones, at Busso and now Collie, pretty resilient lad is Trent.....hats off to the two vets in attendance who were pretty busy for a while. Trust everyone else got out it okay, was a very concerning time for all in the stabling area. Took a bit of gloss of what was a great community meeting in front of a bumper crowd.
    Wouldnt mind Curmudgeons opinion - seeing he was a trots driver - and i dont want to harp on the topic - but i just watched the last 80 metres of that last  race at Collie -  now the 2nd horse might resent the whip which is fair enough - but the driver certainly didnt use the persuader - you contrast that with Dylan EG - he  pulls the stick - and importantly he is alot more aggressive  in the cart - just watch the drivers ( not the horses) over the last say 50-60 metres

That use to annoy me when Matty White use to drive - if your not going to hit them with the stick - you have to be aggressive in the cart
    edited February 2019
    Sometimes you just have to accept you are a big chance to get beaten Marko. What cost the leader was the mid race attrition from racing in the breeze and the acceleration down the back. Although clear off the back once it crossed I thought this horse isn't going to stave off anything that finishes with purpose.Dylan drove like his blood was up and the prospective win kept him rolling whilst Dean to his credit knew that his horse had given all and was going to get rolled come what may. The horse that ran 2nd actually traveled a little too keenly and didn't conserve enough to respond if he had gone for the stick. Watch a couple of Dean Millers winning drives on Major Catastrophe and you will see he can boss a horse without the stick as good as any driver around the place. To sit there like a cigar store indian and try to nurse to the bitter end is testament to his thought processes for mine. You can't pick them up and carry them as they say in the classics. 

• GlenGlen    38 posts
    Markovina said:

Bad fall in the Collie Cup - looked like the guy in the pink colours behind the leader - has eased off at least half cart - Shannon has gone to fill his position - and then maybe ( the stewards will determine ) got squeezed out of it - by the 2 horses to his outside - clipped a wheel and that was it - lets hope no one got hurt - but the drivers behind Shannon seemed to take harder falls

• GlenGlen    38 posts
    Marko, you must of being taken to much notice of the trees, it was Turvey not Shannon
    For anyone who believes harness racing is a dying sport ...Europe provides the riposte.

Offthebit likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Saw that race - the 3 stablemates all galloped at the same time - same spot. Amazing.

Was shocked today to hear that a horse i backed in the interdomion consolation final when unplaced but had zero luck won the Newcastle Mile the other night from barrier two at $81 - Yayas Hot Spot.

In the inters consolation - got into a good spot early then shuffled out of it and held up for a run. Finished at the tail end but a better run than appeared on paper.

Always had lots of speed, but can be hard to follow too. Had a $5 stablemate in the race - unplaced.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Not knocking the horse Riders, how can you when he has won north of $550k...but you would go broke backing him. Last 30 starts has produced 3 wins, two of them around the $2 favourite mark and then Friday Night at $81 bucks in the wet at Newcastle.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Yeah never been one of mine but just caught the eye in the last inters heat. Had one start since the slightly unlucky consolation run - finished a mile back at Menangle. Didnt see that run.
    After consolation thought perhaps one more chance...perhaps..

That was the final race run at Newcastle - last three races abandoned.
    I watched that  race live Riders - because i had a few bets going in the last few races their - and as you say they got washed out

Lachie Manzelmann she drove it  - she has been driving alot of  team Triton horses lately - and i havent rated her at all - some of them ive backed - ive said never ever  again - however it was a 100k race - and it was an excellent drive- Lauren was on one of your favourites - Maximan

It might have been a touch lucky - Pizzuto had 2 in the 2s on fave Majordan - galloped like a rodeo horse for half a lap - hes other one Picard - and Todd McCarthy - who is a brilliant driver - might have erred - he led- but he booted it at the top of the straight - thus his brother Luke who was behind him - came to the outside - Lachie who was 3 pegs - just hugged the pegs- and beat Lukes drive by a Short half head - so if you took the 80-1 good luck to you

Newcastle in my opinion is like some other big tracks - you cant make ground out wide - youve got to hug those pegs

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    Lachie is going to be rather upset when he finds out he is now a girl.......
    Maybe he should change his name to caitlyn
    :)] ;))
    Is she a boy - i get them all mixed up

I thought for a good while their  Shannon Osullivan - one of Jims offspring  was a bloke - then i find out she is a girl

Maccalayer Barnes ( who is a very good driver ) is another one - i will let you guess that one

edited February 2019
    That will be as close to backing an 80/1 winner as I go.
    Interdominion consolation - when did back ran last ( of course ) but if you see the replay - things could have worked out better. Also final heat run similar.

Did have $10 on Microfiche at 66/1 with bookie Rod Evans when he won a heat of the Pacing Cup defeating the long odds on fave Village Kid who was the biggest certainty beaten of all time - tramping three wide most of the race.

Always thought I'd get another one day, alas not to be but Yayas Hotspot if had known was running might have had another go.

VillageKid likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Remember when Yayas Hotspot came to the Perth Inters ? Just got in everybody's way!
    Driven aggressively and stopped just the same way.

Inters consolation and in a couple of heats got involved in the early speed burn and weakened out of it.

VillageKid likes this post.

• See 4 horses from Team Bond went to the airport today for their flight to the USA
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Where did you see that ????
  • Friend of a Friends Brother haha
    Apparently Our Max Factor, Thisbeachrighthere, Rock Diamonds and Bright Diamond
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    Markovina said:

I thought for a good while their  Shannon Osullivan - one of Jims offspring  was a bloke - then i find out she is a girl

Maccalayer Barnes ( who is a very good driver ) is another one - i will let you guess that one

Happy to put my hand up I thought shannon was a boy as well initially.
    8-}
  • Offthebit said:

Markovina said:

Happy to put my hand up I thought shannon was a boy as well initially.
    8-}
    Im now questioning all that I thought I knew in this world as like you guys got my gender for Ms Osullivan all mixed up.
    They should all be gender neutral on their birth certificate so we don't get confused haha
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    2ltwinners are you saying Bondy is selling his horses due to handicapping change or are you just pointing out that he has sold some horses to the US.