G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

The sprint lane at Pinjarra is at best 3/4 length of the straight, imo should be full length.
    If you watch the replay the horse in front doesn't get driven out until he reaches the sprint lane because the driver knows that is when he has to go. If it was from the turn then other horses would have got through.
    On top of this if you watch the horses head in front you will see it is driven off its true line just after this point and shifts out abruptly (i will reserve my comment on why) hence taking up the running line of two horses.
    The best horse and the best drive on the day won, but would love to see the head on.
    Will see what the stewards report says.
    They woke up at Melton and recently extended their sprint lane from half straight to full length. These faux compromise half straight length lanes are testament to indecision. Either have a full straight sprint lane or don't have one. The new Wagga track has the best sprint lane in Australia.....the punters will never have to worry about being held up there.

savethegame likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Some of the country trots callers from many years gone by - were absolute beauties

Brian Bennett - used to call at Mildura - and he use call that horse - and hed say like - oh heres Bonzzzzzatttrosss - it was hilarious - Greg Radley and the late Nick Robin use to impersonate him

I can remember Brian Bennet many many years ago at a Mildura Cup meeting ( its just like today - they have heats one night - and then the final ) - and Brian Gath drove something in the heat - and the spray Bennett gave him after the race - i can remember it nearly word for word - " You expect a hell of alot better from a leading Metropolitan driver - than the rubbish he just served up their  " . It was great to listen to

Same era - at Terang - they had old Bill Lardy - i think he was a local grazier from the area - and Terang Trots was the only meeting he would call . One night their - after the last race - as the legislation allowed - they would give a summary of all the races - the SP prices of the winners and placed horses and beaten favourites

Anyhow he is about half way through his summary - when he said - excuse me - but i am being interrupted by a group of young louts under  my commentary tower - all you heard next - was this allmighty roar - like Dom Sheed had just kicked the winner in the GF

Boy they were entertaining and funny days back then

savethegame likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

Jockeys who have made transition to reinsmen;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Most famous two time melborune cup winner john letts   & kalgoorlie cup winner on reodoro..

s,j, miller, p,duggan, m.grantham. v.yendle; d,r miller??   and yes ken,kirke ;;;;;;m.brown from reinsman to jock, probably a heap others any one can  remember others,

another one  micheal pike his filly has qualified for sales classic race final livy jay which him well,

Kane_26 likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Jockeys who have made transition to reinsmen;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Most famous two time melborune cup winner john letts   & kalgoorlie cup winner on reodoro..

s,j, miller, p,duggan, m.grantham. v.yendle; d,r miller??   and yes ken,kirke ;;;;;;m.brown from reinsman to jock, probably a heap others any one can  remember others,

Jimmy Taylor.

Jockeys who have made transition to reinsmen;;;;;;;;;;;;

another one  micheal pike his filly has qualified for sales classic race final livy jay wish him well,
    Get the drift now when the teachers recommended  woodwork,&metalwork and I asked  what about doing my,, leaving  the reply was on the next bus . Mike wish you well with the big filly,

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

The sprint lane at Pinjarra is at best 3/4 length of the straight, imo should be full length.
    If you watch the replay the horse in front doesn't get driven out until he reaches the sprint lane because the driver knows that is when he has to go. If it was from the turn then other horses would have got through.
    On top of this if you watch the horses head in front you will see it is driven off its true line just after this point and shifts out abruptly (i will reserve my comment on why) hence taking up the running line of two horses.
    The best horse and the best drive on the day won, but would love to see the head on.
    Will see what the stewards report says.
    Are you talking about the Pinjarra Cup?
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    yes 2ltws.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2019
    Vincenzo boxed on like the proverbial caged cougar - good effort.
    As for Hy Fyfe he'd be running the same pace for another 3 laps - steady and slowly. Could not have had enough on him for a place in running. The three faves just too good for him.
    Can't find anything tonight going no 33/1 pops tonight
    edited March 2019
    Realise he's a difficult horse to catch up with but the Tabtouch form guide doesn't have the up to date form of GP last Friday - Vincenzo or Northam Saturday - Watzingwithsierra.

Meetings run 3 and 4 days ago, and not a part of the form in this era of technology, not good enough.

Comment for Watzingwithsierra - "going well without winning" ...won Saturday night.
    It's 2019 not 1985.

Gilgamesh, Kane_26, Offthebit likes this post.

Long weekend Riders form man had a break.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Boss bay them tempting odds
    edited March 2019
    $4.10 and 2.40 Walzingwithsierra - she IS going well without winning!
    Won with a leg in the air at Northam. Think Bet365 had her at $7 yesterday. Had talent and speed in Victoria but could be as weak as water too, they've got her going exceptional well.

The smokey for a place freo dockers 25/1 - he's a battler, will need to find the pegs from barrier 7, but the good news only 8 in it - and only one horse off the back line - if he could manage to get three back the pegs ( big if ), he was ok at Northam Saturday night without much luck albeit was a weakish field - will pick up a weaker race than tonight but have invested a few readies on Bee Seventeen a place.

Keen to see what he does though for another shot at Northam or elsewhere.
    Had to have a bet have taken the juicey each way odds on tims portrait.
    Hoping 2 horse fresh, up to his old tricks and misses the start or he's a bit underdone first up.
    Either way Aldo has options at the start hopefully not held up in a six horse field
    edited March 2019
    Just a few Waltzingwithsierra ran against in slightly younger days in Melbourne - Partyon, Carla's Pixel and Petacular.
    edited March 2019
    Bee Seventeen - just three words - needs it weaker.
    Wasn't too bad, wasn't good either!

Just the two odds on faves tonight from gates 1 and 2.
    Soho Interceptor - $0.0
    Lincs Tiger - $0.0

I'm going to Headquarters Friday night - am going to put my own stand up and lay every odds on favourite from gates 1 or 2.

Last Sunday at Bunbury - The War Nurse gate 1 - $1.40 nope. The Watch Maker gate 1 - $1.40 no again.
    edited March 2019
    Of course the other thing with odds on faves - you need at least 2 out 3 to salute just to keep your nose in front - really need almost 3 out of 4 of them to win ( if placing same stake ).

No wonder bookmakers eat them for breakfast.

Toepuntit likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Steve Mulhall will welcome the competition.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited March 2019
    Just switched the channel to Sky 2: Sweeden trots - $1.50 fave barrier one - unplaced.
    Was never ever going to play a part - have decided to lay barrier 1 and 2 odds on faves at GP and anywhere in the world!

Odds on from gate 1 or 2 - see me! Will give tote odds haha.

JayJay likes this post.

yes 2ltws.

El jacko was being driven along at the 400. And went straight as a gun barrel up the straight. Not sure what your implying.
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited March 2019
    Happy to admit ryan pulled jnr's pants down in the cup. Even D kerr out foxed jnr on friday night on herrick roosevelt. Very unlike jnr to not put a short priced fave into the race when the pace backs off. He must have over celebrated hall of fame night and still been half asleep I-)
    Offthebit said:

Happy to admit ryan pulled jnr's pants down in the cup. Even D kerr out foxed jnr on friday night on herrick roosevelt. Very unlike jnr to not put a short priced fave into the race when the pace backs off. He must have over celebrated hall of fame night and still been half asleep I-)

And entitled too hehe
    2ltws for you :-B :-B
    Settle big fella the conversation was about sprint lanes and why horses couldn't / didn't get a run.
    Was not having a go at your driver just commenting on observations.
    As I said the best drive won the race.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited March 2019
    Marko
    As resident caller assessor we will all await your appraisal and critique 

~O)

freodockers likes this post.

Offthebit "even D Kerr" out foxed Jnr on Friday night.
    IMO Darren Kerr is actually a very good driver and trainer just never been afforded the opportunities as "Jnr" has.
    Does my head in that these drivers are considered inferior when the horses they are driving are 90 percent of the time not in the same class, particularly high priced imports.
    Recall a very good driver who disappeared for a few years for reasons I do not know, came back with a strong stable and now considered the best driver in WA. Think he drove "jnrs pants off" on Monday.
    Pretty sure he would acknowledge your only as good as the horse you are driving.

curmudgeon likes this post.

Come on Marko we know your there.
    The silence is deafening.
    PS where is getthechange have we been duped ?.
    Has he served his purpose ?..
    Mind you given the results lately I cannot argue with him.
    Credit where credit is due.
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

Marko

As resident caller assessor we will all await your appraisal and critique 

~O)

g
    Who is the woman who calls the dogs in Vic of a Sunday on occasion?..not this one is it?
    She is horrendous I find myself turning the sound off so I can enjoy the race.
    Mmmm for Mexi.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Yes it is the same Victoria Shaw
    Is it daylight saving maybe Markos gone to bed (with a headache) :(( :(( :((