G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited March 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Looks a very good clash between the four big guns - El Jacko, Simba Bromac, Always Arjay and James Butt.
Luck in running and the best drive to prevail.

Keen to see the following race too.
If the 12 yr. old Pay Me Cullen runs up to his last start should be hard to beat again. He seemed to have a bit up his sleeve when winning.
A roughie in the race - was ok last week behind Kiwi Legend - punched the breeze, battled away to run fourth - a safe beginning and could be right in it - Smackwater Jack.
+1 -1

VillageKid likes this post.

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    1,2&4 are going to take cover as quickly as possible. Gives El Jacko very strong chance of crossing. If he does he's almost home.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

1,2&4 are going to take cover as quickly as possible. Gives El Jacko very strong chance of crossing. If he does he's almost home.

@freodockers .....is it true that you are taking a pair of thongs to Narrogin to throw in solidarity with former Docker Rhys Palmer ?  B-)

JayJay, Cant_Refuse, Kane_26 likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Only one outcome for me, warned off for life. I have never witnessed a more stupid  or potentially dangerous occurrence on a racetrack ever. Not interested in any excuses or "mitigating circumstances, that could have been an absolute disaster.

VillageKid, Offthebit, jum likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    JayJay said:

Only one outcome for me, warned off for life. I have never witnessed a more stupid  or potentially dangerous occurrence on a racetrack ever. Not interested in any excuses or "mitigating circumstances, that could have been an absolute disaster.

As a Swan Districts and Dockers supporter, totally agree.

Chariots you must be a man of distinction and upstanding community values.
    Dockers and Swan Districts me too.
    As for curmudgeon well he probably he can go up the road and sit with his little mate and support The dirty pies.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought curmudgeon had the contract to add brasso for 52 weeks;

curmudgeon likes this post.

edited March 2019
    Oh the irony ....a docker miscreant witnessed transgressing by Tom Percy QC playing an Irish lament on the lawn at GP.  Better dismount from your Gaff high horse now Tommy me lad !

As for my mate down the road....I haven't invited him up for a private viewing of the high flying Eagles clinical disposal of the Pies in September( featuring Dom Sheed formerly of the Goldfields Football League side and nursery of champions Mines Rovers FC....the mighty Diorites ) yet..... I am nothing if not sensitive to the psychological fragility of others.

Back to the Narrogin Cup please.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

Narrogin tonight

1. Stride Like A Star
    2. Parsons Glamour
    3 Batavia Blackhole place
    4 Tricky race
    5 More thought required
    6 James Butt
    7.8 & 9 .....depends on how we are travelling
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    I’m Loki is one I’ve been following for awhile stormed home last start and probably should of won.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    No lets keep with the football theme ( because i cant go broke - lol )

Mick Malthouse on ABC sportstalk this morning ( and going to be on every week ) outstanding - very entertaining

Since Ken Judges death that show had lost its appeal  a bit to me - but with Mick on board it should be very good 

I’m Loki is one I’ve been following for awhile stormed home last start and probably should of won.

Has ability but will send you broke

Ivorytrunkey86 likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Race 2 rollsoffthetongue-big driver change
    Race 3 jiving jolt
    race 5 midnight man
    Race 6 simba bromac but would like to see some Turvey aggression
    Race 9 el general
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    2 e/w bets at Narrogin

race 8 - no 6 Handover Penny (pretty keen on that )

race 5 no 9 Hy Fyffe
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

Race 2 rollsoffthetongue-big driver change
    Race 3 jiving jolt
    race 5 midnight man
    Race 6 simba bromac but would like to see some Turvey aggression
    Race 9 el general

Turvey and aggression don't generally get spoken in the same sentence, other than "very, very rarely does Turvey drive with aggression".
    But yes it would make things interesting
    Can't Refuse gets the cash in the Charlton cup ?

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Race 5 going to be very tactical  affair, four top drivers in action strong claims for there  respective drives,,,,,voak,.suvaljko both are very good at running,the arm both horses have real good gate speed,think warwick would like to keep (hall) quick stride to his inside for long as possible,pull-ups go on quick stride   to improve parts of his race....

Hawkins likes to get cheeky early so he may make it game on a long way from.

Midnight man how much he improves under dunn,makes him the wildcard, at a eachway dabble. for me.
    insurance policy different first fours  in case voak&suvaljko bust each other open early.
  • Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Sure did! Deserved a victory like that after having raced so well this time in

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Live thought El Jacko a nose, slow mo replay not so sure and the longer it goes.....
    DH earlier in the night and this looked a carbon copy ...we will seee
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Why does Voak when he leads go for home about the 600mt mark?

Wouldnt you save as much as you can for the straight?

El Jacko a whisker, Pinjarra/Narrogin Cup winner - Always Arjay was gallant - and a humungus run from I'm Full Of Excuses!
    edited March 2019
    Another quinella to Warwick/Suvaljko, Pay Me Cullen he's hard to catch. Missed the kick.

Smackwater Jack - give him a smack JJ.
    When one one thought he'll be right in it. Big wrong.
    M Scott stables seems to have lost a leg this weekend

Clarenden Hustler, Charlie El both very disapointing last night
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Abby, I generally respect all views....and I don't intend or presume to speak for Matthew, far from it....and I won't comment about horses other than mine. As far as Clarenden Hustler is concerned, a few undeniable facts.....his first win for me when he gained an incredible inside run from 3 back the pegs, he rated 1.57.1, last 800m in 58 seconds, last 400m in 29.4.  His next start, he got a perfect trip one out one back, rated 1.57.2, last 800m in 56.9 seconds, last 400m in 29.2.  At his next start from gate 7, he had a look for the lead, couldn't get in, went back to last and with a mile rate of 1.56.5 and a last 400m of 27.2, he was unable to make any ground but hit the line okay. On Friday night, way up in class, he got the perfect trip behind the leader and on the surface looked a bit disappointing off a 1.57.3 mile rate but the last 800m of 54.8 seconds was just far too quick for him, 2 seconds (or in excess of 24 metres) quicker faster than at his previous 2 wins. He finished 8th, some 17 metres from the winner, about as good as he can go. So yes, I was disappointed at first but Riley is what he is, a nice horse who can kick off a good run when in the right company but he is not in the same room as Handsandwheels.And after looking at the circumstances, I hardly feel he "lost a leg" on Friday night.
    Charlie El is not my horse but the night he sprinted from the rear, he did nothing at the back of the field and the last 400m was a very moderate 29.5. He can sprint for about 150m only, not a step more, and he got a plum drive from Kyle Harper. I didn't see his run Friday Night as I was on the road back home but the last half and quarter were pretty quick for that class (28.4 last 400m), about as fast as he can go. Again, I think he still has all 4 legs.
    Neighlor ran 2nd on Friday night, a very decent run for a horse nearly ready for the paddock. The back straight pressure from Jnr on Kimani (27.5) took the sting out of him and he battled on pretty well to hold 2nd and is a very consistent earner even after 21 starts this campaign, I was far from disappointed. And Always Arjay went within a nose hair of winning the Narrogin Cup from El Jacko, hardly a poor run.
    Smackwater Jack, yes, he went absolutely terrible....as he has done before...he is a very enigmatic horse, a nightmare horse to train and impossible to ever back.....he rightly got sent back to trials after that performance but last week, he breezed at Bunbury and ran 4th to Kiwi Legend. His best is decent (going 1.56.1 in winning at GP), his worst is embarrassing as per last night. As they say, a work in progress.
    Without analysing every horse, I'll leave it by saying a horse of pretty limited scope, Jaxon Fella, ran a terrific race from a crappy draw on Friday night.
    So with respect, I can't agree with your statement.
    edited March 2019
    After the race but at $2.10 what a ridiculously short price the fave James Butt was against two stalwarts in El Jacko and Always Arjay.

With James Butt missing a place the trifecta dividend of $29 was very skinny on the Cup.

Always Arjay from where he's come from in his career nothing short of remarkable.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Neighlor ran well on Friday whilst Always Arjay would have to be close to the most improved pacer in WA over the last 12 months, thus full credit must go to the trainer.

savethegame likes this post.

How come Charlie El sprinting like Mighty Quinn 3 starts back, then beaten 27 mts and now 13mts sitting behind the leader after a slow lead time and 1st half?

Too big of difference in performance for mine.
    Always had a general rule to listen to times only as a guide as they vary too much depending on track or track surface.
    When assessing horses performance without bias, always rated it on class of horse competing against not time run.
    Clare den Hustler finishing within 20 metres of Handsandwheels probably indicates he performed to his best at this stage of his career.
    Charlie Elle vs Ardens Concorde am not surprised with result.
    Sometimes making the early burn to retain the spot behind the leader doesn't always work to the horses benefit at the finish.
    Agree Riders, James Butt favourite over ElJacko ass about.
    First two were best two in race.
    Bad luck to Matty Scott and connections, deserves more than anyone a big country cup.

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid likes this post.