In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Winx farewell

East Coast Racing
NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
edited April 2019 East Coast Racing
Best Bets summary of Winx's race:

And here it is, the last go round, the great mare's grand farewell. The final opportunity to see our girl excel. The day has dawned, the stage is set, the hype's in overdrive. One more win to make it Group One number 25. And I'll miss her, yes I will, the way she cruises round the bend, with Bowman sitting pretty as they easily extend. The opposition winces as they gracefully glide by, just one more time thanks Hughie as she goes out on a high. Her old mate HAPPY CLAPPER's here and it looks like HARTNELL too. How fitting that the boys show up to say their last adieu. And great they both have been across the years in their own right, for 2nd to the 'mighty mare' has never been a slight. But wait you say, this race has brought some other champs undone, as at their final outing those 'good things' have been left stunned. Don't say it!! Hush you! Silence! Be away with that foul jinx! Such a fate does not await upon this date for our great WINX! So gather round and watch her do it one more time with feeling. There'll be shouting, shaking, cheering, praying, squealing. The greatest that I've ever seen in all my many years. I tell you this for certain, win or lose, there will be tears.

+1 -1

oldhendo, thefalcon, spinking likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    wouldn't it be strange after a few weeks of retirement Waller inspects her and she is raring to go again. she is so brilliant and intelligent that she will tell THEM when she is ready to retire.
    stranger things have happened...a 5th Cox?
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Could it be that Ngawyni is a direct descendant of Banjo Patterson
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    I'm going for the upset-and this race has provided plenty of those. Hartnell to cause a boilover. Winx/Hartnell  box quinella, too.
    edited April 2019
    spinking said:

Could it be that Ngawyni is a direct descendant of Banjo Patterson

That's actually Kevin Casey's preview @spinking

Oversight I my behalf . Even Ngawyni stated its Best Bets Kevin Caseys preview . Regardless good poem to see the legend go into retirement. Hope she brains them, then again just winning will do.The stage is set for what I reckon will be one of the great and emotional days of the Australian turf. I reckon I might even have a lump in the throat as she comes back to scale one last time

Ngawyni, oldhendo likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    If, and that is a big, big if, a horse is to upset the mighty mare tomorrow, it will be Harlem..
    ^^^ people have been saying something similar for her last 30 odd starts...

squid69, spinking, hash likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    The Queen Eliazabeth  has seen both Lonhro and Octagonal beaten at their last starts in a race in two classic "Who Shot Bambi" moments. Here's hoping their is no repeat of history. At least the owner can finally retire that hideous frock to the St Vinnies shop.

oldhendo, jum likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    One punter has put $550,000 on Winx at $1.06. Just heard this on Sky Racing.
    Goodbye legend
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    has the Winx effect caused anyone else's tabtouch to pack it in?
    spinking said:

Goodbye legend

I'm not going anywhere :-??
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Effortless yet again. It’s been a pleasure watching her career.

spinking likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, the best i will ever see. Thank you.

spinking, thefalcon, jum likes this post.

amazing!! I have NEVER see channel 7 go over 30 mins without an ad break....that in itself is also amazing.
    we will never see her like again...
    =D>

jum likes this post.