G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 43 Non Members

Whispers abound Dan Staeck fall (or flop)

West Australian Racing
There were many discussions at Ascot after Dan Staeck fell off Eye Art, sustaining an injured shoulder in the process... the word was that his departure from the horse was not an accident after all... I didn't see it so can't add anything to it but it makes me wonder why someone would do such a thing...

Comments

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    For those who aren't aware, he fell off during the preliminary, not in the race
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    do what "thing"...???
    thefalcon said:

do what "thing"...???

Taking a dive @Falcon . That was the allegation from anyone talking about it.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    The anyone talking about it Flanders have any idea you reckon. So the bloke falls off and receives a exspected broken collarbone in the process surely there is easier ways to bring one undone if that's what your insinuating
    spinking said:

The anyone talking about it Flanders have any idea you reckon. So the bloke falls off and receives a exspected broken collarbone in the process surely there is easier ways to bring one undone if that's what your insinuating

it was before the race mate, so thats what is weird about it. Not much to gain surely

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    EYE ART - En route to the barrier rider became unbalanced and was dislodged and as a result the
    mare galloped for some distance before being recaptured and as such acting on veterinarian
    observations the mare was subsequently withdrawn from this event. Due to Jockey D Staeck falling,
    he received medical treatment with regards to pain in his left side clavicle and soreness to the rib area
    and as such was transported to Royal Perth Hospital for x-rays and further observations. Due to this
    incident all races for the remainder of the meeting were re-scheduled.

Some of you have too much time on your hands... 

spinking, psycho, Rodent, hash likes this post.

So for what reason are you saying he done it ?Jockeys fall off all the time going to the gates. Please give us your reason or reasons for him deliberately coming off. Because I reckon the many at Ascot you are listening to have nfi

spinking said:

So for what reason are you saying he done it ?Jockeys fall off all the time going to the gates. Please give us your reason or reasons for him deliberately coming off. Because I reckon the many at Ascot you are listening to have nfi

How the feckn hell would I know why he did it man? Surely only Staeck knows that.

I said above what I heard because I thought PTT is an appropriate place to do so, but maybe it isn't anymore? If not, what is it here for?

RIO likes this post.

Did the many saying he deliberately fell off offer any reason for him doing so. Surely they had a theory about him coming off
    spinking said:

Did the many saying he deliberately fell off offer any reason for him doing so. Surely they had a theory about him coming off

Many did, yes. The reason was in the stewards report near the top of page 1.
    The same stewards report Diva has posted above
    Yes page 1 as I said. His extract was from page 2.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    betting flucs??
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Flanders said:

Yes page 1 as I said. His extract was from page 2.

Surely they can still take urine samples anyway...

spinking likes this post.

Samples taken randomly. So if you were to be sampled you would not know about it, and secondly as Rodent stated they could and most probably would still ask you to **** even if you did break a collarbone. What I have learned after being involved with racing for many years, and living many of them in Ascot is that there are lots of stories that get around. Quite a few of them without any real substance to them
    spinking said:

Samples taken randomly. So if you were to be sampled you would not know about it, and secondly as Rodent stated they could and most probably would still ask you to **** even if you did break a collarbone. What I have learned after being involved with racing for many years, and living many of them in Ascot is that there are lots of stories that get around. Quite a few of them without any real substance to them

Well the truth will come out mate, it usually does. I'm sure there will be some substance to this one.
    Get a read of The West today, Staeck stood down after urine sample taken yesterday.

Offthebit, RIO likes this post.

• RexRex    397 posts
    Should all be tested including rwwa staff, stable employees and trainers. 
    That would probably reduce the field size a fair bit.
    It is strange that the numbers of people that are at the track drop when drug testing is being done.

RIO likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    Looks like ned flanders gets the last laugh..........
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Would love to see video evidence of this tumble.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    TheDiva said:

EYE ART - En route to the barrier rider became unbalanced and was dislodged and as a result the
    mare galloped for some distance before being recaptured and as such acting on veterinarian
    observations the mare was subsequently withdrawn from this event. Due to Jockey D Staeck falling,
    he received medical treatment with regards to pain in his left side clavicle and soreness to the rib area
    and as such was transported to Royal Perth Hospital for x-rays and further observations. Due to this

whoops! :))

RIO likes this post.

paraletic said:

Would love to see video evidence of this tumble.

Apparently there is vision of it. Would be great viewing but not sure if we'll ever get to see it
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    carey said:

TheDiva said:

im happy to give the bloke the presumption of innocence until proven guilty... 

Rex likes this post.

TheDiva said:

carey said:

TheDiva said:

True, we should, to be fair

Rex likes this post.

• ThewogboysThewogboys    58 posts
    Seems quite a few members here are obviously hungry,with their steak knifes out early????

Manchild likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    TheDiva said:

carey said:

TheDiva said:

history.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    carey said:

TheDiva said:

carey said:

TheDiva said:

history.
    He was a favourite topic for a while...Got told a few years back he was a new man, all that was behind him, and he appears to have kept his nose clean for quite a long time. Which is great and good on him for getting on top of this. And yes. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Not sure that RWWA's jurisdiction would extend to an emergency room!!
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi guys let me pose a , how would i get out of this (dopey) (pi$$ )test ive been asked to take prior to the first race, rrrrrr now lets assume all exits from the course are on alert , only one other way me thinks is the ambo , plausible i dont know , what i do know is the stipes hav full vision & apperantly it dont look good for him, & rio like any accident ,i stand to b corrected once in the hands of paramedics they can"t touch him , but if the alleged frozzby is correct he will b in big strife if proved, it just does"nt look good for him , cheers

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    in most work places, once your in the care of health professionals, work policies no longer come into play....I also stand to be corrected. however if they took a sample (pi55 or blood) and told him he had to give it, but in fact he didn't have to give it.....then that wouldn't be able to be used against him....

RWWA is a pretty switched on organisation, so i doubt they'd fug that sort of situation up 
    :-& :-& =P~
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    How do u beat a drug test? I have heard cranberry juice and white vinegar. Asking for a mate...

detonator likes this post.