G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    The first four dividend of nearly 1k with the $1.05 favourite Theo Aviator winning was decent.

Also Dylan Egerton-Green continues to drive winners left, right and centre in Kellerberrin. A double to Corey Peterson.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    She said Diamonds sits in the death and races away from the opposition to win untouched.
    After not winning in 21 starts often starting odds on favourite.

And wasn't even swabbed
    I would say 3 hour swab

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 2 and 3 at Pinjarra today were both moved to Sky 2 despite being ready to run on time because Albury races were running 5 minutes or more late both times fair dinkum one was due to the ambulance being bogged beside the track.
    WA trots just continue to be shafted by Sky!

curmudgeon, JayJay, Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    edited May 2019
    Probably had something to do with the $30k more in the win pool at Albury

$36k Albury vs $6k Pinjarra
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Still supposedly not Sky's policy when meetings are running late.

Toepuntit likes this post.

edited May 2019
    Have mentioned this guy a few times and my goodness was super impressive today, three wide without cover for a long way - the other fave on his back with a world perfect cart up - yet The Watch Maker still forged away to win.

Relished the spacious Pinjarra track, got a lot of time for The Watch Maker.

The other highlight - on big roughies - drove them cool, calm, collectably into the money - he's one driver to never leave out of novelty betting - Morgan Woodley.
    Another good highlight at Pinjarra - when think you've seen everything - into third placing at cricket score odds the old grey trotter Kell Road Kid.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    NTD and won't be getting on in a hurry.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Ive heard of ways of doing your money - but Wagin Friday night takes the cake

Backed Terraforce e/w ( $41 and $6 fixed odds ) - it led - Must be Nice headed it off easily - but nothing else was running on - then Terraforce galloped - i knew it jumped something - i thought Must Be Nice might have dropped a bit of gear

Stewards report - prior to the race the automatic sprinkling system came on between the 200 metre and 600 metres - till it was turned off manually - however not before large sections of the emergency lane were watered heavily

No action was taken against Terraforce who broke gait when approaching the 400 metres - after viewing the video - it was deemed that Terraforce jumped at a water patch inside of the track

Dear  oh dear oh me

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid likes this post.

That's a ripper rio - Marko, everything done "automatically" these days...until something goes wrong, then the old manual principle applies - some times when it's too late!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Saw that happen in Kalgoorlie once. A sprinkler had stuck though and was delivering a substantial volume of water straight onto the track in a single area. Various levels of officialdom gathered around the water spout wondering what to do for a period of time. A local trainer -reinsman walked over and turned the sprinkler head so the water was directed onto the infield. Problem solved  :))

Saw that happen in Kalgoorlie once. A sprinkler had stuck though and was delivering a substantial volume of water straight onto the track in a single area. Various levels of officialdom gathered around the water spout wondering what to do for a period of time. A local trainer -reinsman walked over and turned the sprinkler head so the water was directed onto the infield. Problem solved  :))

:))
    Can anyone tell me what is happening in the back straight tonight as I will be blowed if I know with all of those marquees set up on the inside of the track.
    I understand the importance to use the facilities to make money outside of wagering but not at the expense of actually seeing the actual racing!!!

curmudgeon, savethegame likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited May 2019
    On a night where the fields are very decent what message is being sent here ? How long would it take to set up the skeleton of the stuff blocking vision entirely for a fair portion of each race.....perhaps an hour or two tomorrow if corners aren't being cut ?  Very ordinary. Will it be worse for Sat nights telecast vision ?

• MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    All that is needed now is to have Cirque du soleil there as the WATA is a circus!!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    HBF fun run on Sunday, couldn't see much from the grass, just the run up the straight. Only affected the very few in attendance, around 23 spectators plus a few stable staff/connections that wandered up from the stabling area. That said, I fully understand the requirement for the venue to generate funds from external sources. 
    edited May 2019
    Race 7 was interesting for the good and the bad.
    The winner - "all over" once Lewis found the lead and a typical well rated drive from go to whoa.
    The Hayden Reeves trained runner up roughie Stir It Up - great effort to hold second comfortably after working in the breeze.
    Longshot Imana Capri well driven by J. Young ran home nicely for third.

The not so good - Enemy Lines could not have been driven any better - gave up meekly.
    Whatabout Rioli showed some ability in Victoria, put in a half hearted run but then put the white flag up.
    One For Dave And Me - from a perfect one out two back - non competive - was going backwards from the bell.
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    JayJay said:

HBF fun run on Sunday, couldn't see much from the grass, just the run up the straight. Only affected the very few in attendance, around 23 spectators plus a few stable staff/connections that wandered up from the stabling area. That said, I fully understand the requirement for the venue to generate funds from external sources. 

Was pretty ordinary to try and watch the race on sky. I thought to overcome they could set up an extra camera view down the back.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

Nothing to do with Trotting - but sometimes the most simple tasks are made difficult

When i was in Sydney not that long back - i can remember reading about this and it was on the news . Over their they have got a number of harbour/Ocean side public swimming pools - proper Olympic size etc - and right next to the Ocean - so i imagine their salt water etc

Anyhow it was at either Coogee or Clovelly pool - the local council every now and again drain the pool of its water - now that shouldnt be too hard a  task - and the 1st thing you would do is make sure no one is still in the blooody pool

Well they jumped the gun - they didnt see some old bloke still in the pool ( unbelievably i dont know how )  they started draining it - and the suction of the water - sucked this bloke underwater - and there was an old skinny pipe ( 2ft in diameter )   in the side of the pool - and it sucked him into the pipe-( he could have got wedged in that ) which went underground - and then out into the Ocean - he got badly scratched and shaken up - but the force of the water - sucked him right through the pipe and then spat him out into the ocean

The CEO of the council apologized profusely on behalf of its employees who drained the pool
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Betonme said:

Dare say people dont want to race the bull.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

See they can change things, but only when it suits them.... very quickly getting over harness racing in this state
    edited May 2019
    Mentioned a couple of weeks ago - who was the regular that didn't race in the FFA the night the Bull was back ?

Who was the very same horse that returned and won a week later when the Bull was at home ?
    The Bucket List.

What's the point of Chicago Bull drawing gate 2 and Tommy Be Good and Campora etc drawing 7, 8 and 9 ? Goodness gracious - that's a farce.

Not that it would make any difference the Bull could start in the car park, but how ridiculous is it - no wonder nobody wants to run when your chances of even running second or third are forlorn.

The trainer of The Bucket List was spot on - when the Bull is around stay away and come back a week later, if he's not there.
    Pretty good win by Weewah in that 2nd race at GP for a 2yo filly, she was brutally attacked for the lead and still had enough petrol in the tank to find again at the finish whilst her attacker finished distanced.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Your following a $1.04 fav who has walked through the 1st half of the race.

Why would you pull of the fence, your not going to get near its wheel , let alone pass it.

edited May 2019
    Not wrong VK - I mean surely that's undue pressure. Then again it does liven up a race. If on the leader I'd be fair dinkum furious - however if on something at the back would be rapt. Whatever the case that was a huge win and bloody well deserved.

Couldn't agree more Abby - can't miss second, so let's roll off the fence and nearly miss third!
    Saw a driver sitting on Village Kid's back one night come off the fence and miss a place when the Kid was at his best - around 25 years later all around Australia they still do it. Amazing.

The smart drivers don't but many still do.

The thing is if you come off the pegs ( like tonight ) somebody is more than happy to take your place ( as seen ) they are over the moon you came off the pegs - they are hoping like hell you come off - so why give it to them on a plate ?

VillageKid likes this post.

edited May 2019
    The very best though was a race at Redcliffe in Queensland - all the boy's at the local had hit the 1-7 trifecta jackpot many times 1 ($1.04) 7 on his back 40/1.

The question was could the 7 horse be half decent to get his back and then hold it all the way to the line ? Their were doubts.

Race begins and driver does his best to hold leaders back - and does just....huge sigh of relief...now for the test can he hold his ground or be one of those 40/1 hopes that sit's leaders back and does the Fosbury flop and drop's out.

Leader is bolting and held back to them, breeze horse gone, all the horses in the one out line treading water, leader gives em the slip - and despite the benefit of a sprint lane - driver running second on the roughie rolls off just before the corner ( with the $1.04 shot in full flight ) and allows horse three back the pegs to take his place on the sprint lane to run second by a head. The winner was home by 30 metres.

He's not the only horse seen roll off the pegs with a sprint lane beckoning. Just wonder what there thinking. Must just be itchy fingers, the smarter drivers know the situation, but others mustn't or they wouldn't do it.

Pretty good win by Weewah in that 2nd race at GP for a 2yo filly, she was brutally attacked for the lead and still had enough petrol in the tank to find again at the finish whilst her attacker finished distanced.

Has Junior giving his horse ever chance?
    Should he be given time?

VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

edited May 2019
    Race three at Albion Park tonight - have a look at the good old 1-8, leader and leaders back result. The equilavent of the GP 1,10.

Been watching Queensland pacing for years - most crookedest place in the world - bar none. Disqualifications left, right and centre and back training and driving within two weeks! Inspirational stuff.
    Didn’t see much wrong with the race, far from crooked,
    Crook is when Dixon has 1 & 8
    And the 1 rolls off slightly turning in giving the 8 a little more momentum before the sprint lane opens up

savethegame likes this post.