Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

GP 3/5 Race For The Roses Standing Start Race 9

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited May 2019
    Thanks rooster.

Does not matter if a punter back's number's....or studies the fields for hours...everybody deserves to be looked after by the rules...I know them reasonably well...but wouldn't have had a clue what mark she should be off...you take for granted the people doing the job have done it correctly.

What does count and it doesn't matter "diddly squat" how you selected the second horse to place your money on....take it from me many punter's in Tab land are not that bright. However they put there money down and bet up and keep the game going.

Now whilst not being rhode scholars many of them - if you tell them a few day's after the race - hey mate the winner got a ten metre head start on you that it shouldn't have - let me assure - they understand that fully and that it was unfair.

Otherwise lets handicap all horse's incorrectly and let all punter's work it out. Miss Sangrial may have won anyway and 100% deserves to keep the race - but were punter's on the runner up and further down the line shafted ? Yes 100% for me.

I fully understand the other twist or take on it but agree to disagree on it.

The onus is on the people running the show to get it correct.
    The onus on Miss Sangrial's connections - zero.
    The onus on punter's of the runner up ( or any horse in the race - no matter how they've come to that selection ) - zero.

TrackBias dislikes this post.

edited May 2019
    Sorry meant moreso keep the prize money than the race. The prize money would imagine is priority one and they've kept that - rightly so.

Will also go into bat for all punter's on the runner up - do they have a case ? Bloody oath.

Last thing for me - was yacking to a guy today and he couldn't see a problem in future with re-handicapping a horse in the warm up if discovering a mistake had been made.

As the great detective Harry Hoo on Get Smart would say.."amazing".
    edited May 2019
    Apologies there too - didn't put that argument over too well - and definetly not being derogatory to tab punter's by saying "not too bright" ...by that meant more for some on the intracies of handicapping, selecting fields etc.

Whether a studious follower or a person who only follows a certain driver all punter's deserve the same consideration.

End of the day a mistake was made, it's not the end of the world, and we move on.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Probably should have rerun it

Cant_Refuse dislikes this post.