G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

The Clipsal Diamond Classic Final For The Two Year Old's.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited May 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Looks a ripper of a race and great to see a full sized field of 12 youngsters and two emergencies to contest over the 2100, several runners including those over 10/1 look to be a chance and the early $1.60 fave from gate seven will need a big effort to win.

An exciting and competive race coming up and looking forward to it, driving tactics once again crucial and wouldn't have it any other way!
Lewis, Hall, Woodley, Voak, K Prentice etc their shouldn't be a dull moment.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh, savethegame likes this post.

Comments

• BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Have to say, there is a decent amount of 2yo fillies this year. Full field for this great race, and 24 noms for the Westbred 2yo fillies at Pinjarra monday.

Hat tip for local sires. 

savethegame, curmudgeon likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Not sure about the local sires. Increased numbers mainly due to converting to a mares based scheme allowing breeders access to the vest stallions world wide. 

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Not sure about the local sires. Increased numbers mainly due to converting to a mares based scheme allowing breeders access to the vest stallions world wide. 

Follow The Stars first crop stats of 59 foals 26 starters 112 starts argue counter to that notion. In fact his progeny rank 4th in terms of number of 2 y/o starts in Australia behind Art Major, Bettors Delight and Roll With Joe who had foal numbers in Australia of 175, 117 and 67 respectively for the same season.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Soho Whisper had a great hit out taking ground off the fav in the heats. Got a bit of the blows in the early market and obviously a risk following out a 60/1 pop but think it will be run up tempo and some nice gaps could open up.

Attack On Command really interests me, I see $26 Sportsbet. Expecting an up tempo race and off the soft run the pegs he will be finishing off.

Can see Cott Beach swooping on them out wide in her race.

After doing a bit of form instead of being a sad sack i'm quite looking forward to the meeting.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Soho Whisper had a great hit out taking ground off the fav in the heats. Got a bit of the blows in the early market and obviously a risk following out a 60/1 pop but think it will be run up tempo and some nice gaps could open up.

Attack On Command really interests me, I see $26 Sportsbet. Expecting an up tempo race and off the soft run the pegs he will be finishing off.

After doing a bit of form instead of being a sad sack i'm quite looking forward to the meeting.

What are you a sad sack for

Charlie Ell - brightened up my week - had a very small bet $7 a win at $31 fixed - and $4 the place - however i did jag the 1st 4 - and it only cost me the3 bucks

Numerous ways of looking at it - i was a half head off getting nothing - but i was a half head off getting another 2k  - Ritchie callled Tims Portrat $17 pop 2nd - and Prentices $1.20 pop 3rd - wish they had finished that way . The trifecta paid enormous - upwards of $600 - but the 1st 4 only paid $1700

Im most grateful to Troy Lewis - in the home straight  the 1st time - he just softened up the fave a little bit - i think it was worth a half head at the finish

Another  masterclass by Shannon - however Egerton Green had 1st option for that spot ( 4 the pegs ) however he stayed in the running line Prince of Smiles  - hooked it 3 wide at the bell without cover and runs 2n last - Shannon hugs the pegs from gate 7 - and wins by a half head

JayJay, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Markovina said:

Gilgamesh said:

What are you a sad sack for

Charlie Ell - brightened up my week - had a very small bet $7 a win at $31 fixed - and $4 the place - however i did jag the 1st 4 - and it only cost me the3 bucks

Numerous ways of looking at it - i was a half head off getting nothing - but i was a half head off getting another 2k  - Ritchie callled Tims Portrat $17 pop 2nd - and Prentices $1.20 pop 3rd - wish they had finished that way . The trifecta paid enormous - upwards of $600 - but the 1st 4 only paid $1700

Im most grateful to Troy Lewis - in the home straight  the 1st time - he just softened up the fave a little bit - i think it was worth a half head at the finish

Another  masterclass by Shannon - however Egerton Green had 1st option for that spot ( 4 the pegs ) however he stayed in the running line Prince of Smiles  - hooked it 3 wide at the bell without cover and runs 2n last - Shannon hugs the pegs from gate 7 - and wins by a half head

What I tend to find (with myself anyhow) is when I just skim and watch a couple of races here and there I think the racing is poor and get down on it. When I make the time to watch all the races and do a bit of form I start to think the racing is going ok, probably because I understand it more.

It's fantastic to watch a driver like Shannon who can really drive the pegs positively. Still too many who think of it as only a place to go when they think their drive is no chance,

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    SJS "practiced" on Jaxon Fella at Northam last Saturday (3 back the pegs) and then reproduces it with Charlie on Tuesday. Both horses are dead set peg runners that can get sucked along off the speed and have a short sprint, in Charlies case, very short. They need absolute centimetre perfect steers and a liberal dose of good luck. Good luck backing them, when they do win, should chuck a few bob in the poor box on Sunday.

Markovina, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    JayJay said:

SJS "practiced" on Jaxon Fella at Northam last Saturday (3 back the pegs) and then reproduces it with Charlie on Tuesday. Both horses are dead set peg runners that can get sucked along off the speed and have a short sprint, in Charlies case, very short. They need absolute centimetre perfect steers and a liberal dose of good luck. Good luck backing them, when they do win, should chuck a few bob in the poor box on Sunday.

Your right Jay Jay - re Charlie only got a short sprint - however i thought Tues race was the weakest race Charlie had been in - in its last half dozen starts - thats why i thought it had a sneaky chance

JayJay, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Missed seeing Charlie win, though did notice him in the results page win column, race replay coming up!
    edited May 2019
    Was like that last week Marko - well close, $3 first four and took it straight down the line.
    1. Chicago Bull
    2. Whozideawasthis
    3. Campora
    4. Caviar Star

Not to worry the four Hall runner's only returned just on 6k!
    The quinella on that race $2.20.
    From 10/9 Q to nearly 6000/1 F4.

Realise if the Bull win's the dividend can be halved again, again and again...and another ten times...but was still pretty livid at myself, for not just having 50cents on the leader's back horse to knock him off.
    Just before leave that debacle behind.
    If you had $21 straight out Whozideawasthis on tote - collect $178.50

First four bet - invest $21 Whozideawasthis first - Chicago Bull second - field - field = 1 x 1 x 7 x 6 = $42 for full unit, so for $21 - you'd get 50% of nearly 6k. ( slight reduction for another 50 cents on it ).

Two things remarkable - 1. the tote support for Whozideawasthis & 2. that was a bloody amazing first four dividend whichever way you look at it.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Kasey John
    Race 2- Bechers Brook
    Race 3- Tact Major
    Race 4- Chicago Bull
    Race 5- Double Expresso
    Race 6- Saying Grace
    Race 7- Quick Stride
    Race 8- Ideal Liner
    Race 9- Lady De La Renta
    Race 10- Know When To Run
    Race 11- Lord Liam

edited May 2019
    Heza Head Honcho :-w we all make blue's, it's just that some are more costly than others.

The driver's at the top of this thread the first four mentioned were Hall, Lewis, Woodley and Voak - lo and behold they ran the first four in the Diamond Classic and a dividend of well over 3k.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    If locking wheels isn’t the worst way to lose a bet I don’t know what is.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

edited May 2019
    Yes GP with Lady and then their was Roman Art at Wagin - backed like no tomorrow - no gate speed ( of course ) looked green and then gets poleaxed when eventually going forward, but for a well backed $1.34 fave - obviously has ability but never gave backers much of a hope just the same.

Beats me why half of them are backed so strongly - being knock over or not - Roman Art was never going to win.

Some horse's at those country tracks that go around odds on or 6/4 there not much better than the rest, get an ordinary drive or interference or both and for use of a better word their cactus!
    edited May 2019
    Second last race at GP - the fourth horse Pierre Whitby - he was finishing faster than Beefy T when it won the Golden Nugget.

Reckon if gets a crack at them earlier a win by 20 metres not beyond the realm of possibility, it was exploding late, picks them all up in another few bounds.

Don't know much about the horse, others will know more - but has to be one to keep an eye on from here on in.

Gilgamesh likes this post.