G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Winter Tipster Required

West Australian Racing
Hi forumites,

We're on the hunt for our new Terry Leighton. 

With a sponsor on board for the competition, this will be a paid preview.

Inquire at [email protected] and include a preview of an upcoming Saturday race.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh, H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• DharrisDharris    67 posts
    Here’s my tip- save your money :)) =))

Gepetto dislikes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Dharris said:

why's that? 
    we've had some pretty bloody good tipsters starting out here or tipping here along the way. Greg Hooper, Terry Leighton, Scott Embry... 
    There's got to be a few up and comers around that wouldnt mind a paying gig. 

Gepetto, RIO, jum likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    I'm scared that if I took the  job I would eventually have to leave the village, well that and the fact that I don't follow form or have a bet for that matter.

Are the tryout's public ?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    why not, at this stage, see if you can get 8 people to do a race each and see what unfolds...
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I've had a crack at Race 5, think it's a tough race
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    What matters most? Entertainment or winners?
    definitely winners...  just needs to be well written... you dont need to necessarily provide the comedy. 

therealkramer dislikes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Chris said:

Hi forumites,

Inquire at [email protected] and include a preview of an upcoming Saturday race.
    Are you going to throw up everyone's previews for us forumites to read before hand
    :D
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    That bloke that won the ascot summer tipping comp that Perth racing won earlier this year would be a perfect candidate but would lack the punchlines and humour of Terry.... whoever he is :-?

bigorangecat likes this post.

I hear that bloke is all clASS

hash likes this post.

edited May 2019
    Race 1

It's just a bit too obvious going with the raced babies, but that usually is the rule of thumb. Adam Durrant's filly by Alfred Nobel, Miss Ellmya is hard to fault. She is lightly raced but seemingly improving. Drawn in barrier four, with what looks like a lot of speed drawn immediately inside her, I think she will have the run of the race and the drop on the two debutantes. Her most recent victory was very tradesman like and that of a well educated filly.

The eye catching trial winner, Stella Door could simply be a freak. Great gate speed and a soft win going to the line makes this Universal Ruler gelding a very exciting prospect and a potential top liner for the Stallion going into the three year old season. The only thing is being his maiden start in a race, but whatever he fails to do tomorrow he will learn from, but I don't think he will fail.

I think Fred Kersley has a more than handy type in Gotta Motor. Nicely bred but out of a mare that is truly to drop a good one. Sessions as a Stallion is only just breaking through, the gulf between him and UR couldn't be further. Race experience and the guidance of Mr Kersley will only help and make him a horse to follow.

Miss Tycoon might be found wanting and perhaps a midweek field would have been a better progression, likewise Mia Dolce after 11 starts as 2yo needs to find a pasture. I can't find a spot for Marochhino from the wide gate and the same could be said for Angel Jupiter.

Tips: 5-2-4

p.s can I also declare that I don't bet, I only have an interest in younger horses from a breeding perspective and following sales results. My only other interest is in stakes racing for the quality

H-BOMBER, Uttsy likes this post.

Race 6

Shoulda, woulda, coulda might make for a good excuse but you can't begrudge a good horse being beaten expecting that it was just an anomaly. Having said that, nothing will beat Galaxy Star tomorrow except perhaps Gatting and as good as his recent trial was and that he has a reasonable first up record, nobody on track tomorrow will be as motivated as William Pike sitting atop yet another Peter's immaculately bred superstar and he should make it look easy in the end.

Great Shot might show a glimpse of the inherent class of his group one form, but I think I prefer him in the Spring. Vital Silver is still a live chance with an outstanding second up record but with the addition of Gatting to this field and presumably Galaxy Star getting a better run in passage, a top four place chance is the best chance.

The rest of them Heart Starter, Mizlecki and Electric Light simply have struck a quality first four
    that will prove too hard to get past.

Tips: 5-2-(1 & 3)

Uttsy likes this post.

• UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    Belmont R7 - 70+ over the 1000m here, the race I'm looking forward to the most betting wise. Captain Stirling should ping them from the rail draw, with possibly Stageman coming across from the awkward draw after jumping super first up for AD. The Nicconian, Undisclosed and Chix Pic all likely to want to be handy, Don't Fuss and Market Ruler probably dont have the early toe to go with them and will be happy sitting midfield.

Stageman has to be a huge chance in this after a decent first up run. Back to Belmont where hes done his best work, Im expecting an aggressive ride from Pike here to find a position early. From there he could be hard to hold out. If there is a slight, its hes usually done his best work off a sit and sprinting over them, hes relatively untested sitting on a hot tempo outside of that last run, where even One Short was too strong.

Undisclosed was a big improver last time out running on off a hot tempo. He does his best work at Belmont and on speed, he's right in this from the draw. Definitely do feel as though he lacks the class of a few of these runners, but looks to be well on the improve.

Chix Pic fresh is the time to get him, but hes out of his own age group for the first time here and the price feels a little thin. Is drawn to perfection and coming off a nice trial, but giving some of these weight. Have some serious concerns that any of his 1000m form is up to the best of some of these, does posses a touch of class though so can win. Just not interested at the price.

Market Ruler added a string to her bow sitting off a hot a tempo last time out and hitting the line strongly. Luckily for us she wasnt too strong for Hoboken that day, likely to look for a similar type run here from the awkward draw. Still lugging 58.5kgs after Chloe's claim, shes got to be some hope, but I dont think this is the race for her.

This brings me to the on top selection, whos going down as a better bet, Captain Stirling. First up run wasnt anything to mention, then come out in the Northam Stakes and ran a belter. Sat in the breeze on a super strong tempo, looked a chance until late where he faded. Still finished 2.5 lengths behind Rock Magic, hes much much better suited at the 1000m. Didnt look to like the bend at Ascot and will be better suited to Belmont, his runs down the straight at Pinj last prep were lengths better than his Ascot runs and lengths better than many peak runs of others in this. Freshened 4 weeks after the rock hard track at Northam, hes ticking a lot of boxes and think hes going to be super hard to catch here.

DamienWyer likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

I hear that bloke is all clASS

Label a 60/1 pop your best bet and see it lob then get back to me :-*

goose likes this post.

Well while we are putting our assessments in, here's mine for race 5

Race 5 - Back Jade

Tough start to the quaddie here with plenty of form lines to bring together.
    The top 4 in the market all look the ones to play around and I've gone for the consistent Kings Authority. Noted non winner with 1 win from 16, the former eastern stater looks set to break through here in the West. Has the services of in form apprentice Jade McNaught, will have to jump from 11 but of she can find a nice spot in the running line and space on the corner looks hard to hold out. A nice each way price around $6.
    Of the rest, I like the quick backup for Regal Moon who was a tad unlucky last start not finding much room on straightening and hitting the line well. Gets in nicely with the claim and drawn well. Another non winner State Attorney can't be discounted from the states best trainer and jockey, is unbelievably bred and looks to need 1400+ after finishing hard mid week under the 59.5, drops 4.5kg here but the 1 draw might see this bloke getting cluttered up in traffic at a crucial time. For forth take your pick, Amelie Argot has a great record and mist be included in the novelties while one at big odds that can run a race is Scottish Trader who has an excellent second up record.

Numbers 7-2-13-8/10

Suggest 2 x 3 Each way Kings Authority
    Novelty play First four 2-7-13*S1-8-10*S2*S2

DamienWyer, Uttsy likes this post.

H-BOMBER dislikes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    TheDiva said:

definitely winners...  just needs to be well written... you dont need to necessarily provide the comedy. 

Fine. I can handle rejection.
  • DharrisDharris    67 posts
    TheDiva said:

Dharris said:

why's that? 
    we've had some pretty bloody good tipsters starting out here or tipping here along the way. Greg Hooper, Terry Leighton, Scott Embry... 
    There's got to be a few up and comers around that wouldnt mind a paying gig. 

I mean spend your money on something other than betting!

Race 1

It's just a bit too obvious going with the raced babies, but that usually is the rule of thumb. Adam Durrant's filly by Alfred Nobel, Miss Ellmya is hard to fault. She is lightly raced but seemingly improving. Drawn in barrier four, with what looks like a lot of speed drawn immediately inside her, I think she will have the run of the race and the drop on the two debutantes. Her most recent victory was very tradesman like and that of a well educated filly.

The eye catching trial winner, Stella Door could simply be a freak. Great gate speed and a soft win going to the line makes this Universal Ruler gelding a very exciting prospect and a potential top liner for the Stallion going into the three year old season. The only thing is being his maiden start in a race, but whatever he fails to do tomorrow he will learn from, but I don't think he will fail.

I think Fred Kersley has a more than handy type in Gotta Motor. Nicely bred but out of a mare that is truly to drop a good one. Sessions as a Stallion is only just breaking through, the gulf between him and UR couldn't be further. Race experience and the guidance of Mr Kersley will only help and make him a horse to follow.

Miss Tycoon might be found wanting and perhaps a midweek field would have been a better progression, likewise Mia Dolce after 11 starts as 2yo needs to find a pasture. I can't find a spot for Marochhino from the wide gate and the same could be said for Angel Jupiter.

Tips: 5-2-4

p.s can I also declare that I don't bet, I only have an interest in younger horses from a breeding perspective and following sales results. My only other interest is in stakes racing for the quality

Well they can make you look like a chump. Gotta Motor most likely threw victory away at the start, Stella Door looked exactly like a new horse and the favorite was just straight out disappointing. Obviously I read too much into the straight track win of Miss Tycoon as being a progression but today she was Saturday class.

I'll find my own way out thank you.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited June 2019
    TheDiva said:

... you dont need to necessarily provide the comedy. 

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Chris said:

Hi forumites,

How much is this gig paying?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    So on the 31st May, I asked via email how much was the gig paying. I didn't get a response. No response to the above either.
     Am I on "ignore"?
  • sonnysonny    1,053 posts
    They are probably looking for two sponsers  fr a man of your ability and racing insight.. 

paraletic likes this post.

Rodent said:

So on the 31st May, I asked via email how much was the gig paying. I didn't get a response. No response to the above either.

Am I on "ignore"?
    chris will come back to you if you are genuine about it. I wasnt sure you were serious given you've always liked to keep your cards close to your chest.. 
    stay tuned. 
    $50 cash per week is the payment. 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Haha I got no response as well @Rodent and I thought i was being serious. Probably should take the hint 

:\">

At $50 per week Id be sending the payment straight to the RDA WA.

Uttsy likes this post.

got your preview H Bomb... a few last entries for this week then we'll make a decision. 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Haha I got no response as well @Rodent and I thought i was being serious. Probably should take the hint 

:\">

At $50 per week Id be sending the payment straight to the RDA WA.
    Even better H-Bomber, throw it onto the one you like best for the week and donate the proceeds
    Haha good in theory...

Uttsy likes this post.

i'll put my hand up to preview the Beaufine race seeing it's the smallest field to sift through

1 ROCK MAGIC - Look to bounce back
    2 DURENDAL - the good old "prefer others"
    3 REBEL KING - "may" need the run
    4 MISTY METAL - the "one" to beat with that impeccable first up record
    5 CAPTAIN STIRLING - not up to this
    6 ELECTRIC LIGHT - WA's leading jockey engaged and sure to make it's presence felt
    7 MARKET RULER - haven't used this comment all preview but let's go with "watch betting as a guide" the stable do love a bet 

Numbers - 1 - 4 - 6 - 7
    Suggested Bet - 1 x 2 on Rock Magic........ & boxed exacta FD from FD 

sonny likes this post.

B-)