G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Pearl Classic Final GP Friday

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Agree Chariots.....I am warming to this RWWA Twitter feed stuff, the stewards also deserve credit for allowing access, it is good viewing.

VillageKid, savethegame, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,053 posts
    Good Morning Diva,Are there any sponsors available for Gilga. He worth as a tipster and commentator is invaluable.. He is a genius..... Well done  Gilga .. I look forward to your insights for Friday G.P every week or any other meetings.. 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    Just got back from a quick shopping trip with the Mrs, gotta hit the form because the monry is all gone
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Stewards room head on- vision .,leaves me with no doubt looking at the dark stripes where the placement of the horses  feet take place, wether you are on the markerline or one off.

Theres a clear shift up the track to intiate warwick getting his wheel behind de-campo's, cart everybody could see infinite star was going to go straight past m.m.until that happens which in turns costs  him the race

Whatever took place after that had a has lot of contributing factors. drivers trying to free themselves the leading cart wheels dictating to what direction the second cart, goes, which way the the pulling power factor favours due horse size, tiredness blah blah.

But low and behold if there isn't a shift up the track, infinite star  wins .The   new age yank carts  have the final say on another race,. there would have been nothing to see with  the old carts  where the shaft runs directly over the wheel,

When you see lang and alford  lock wheels, you wonder about there design.they race in far less pressure  then g.p. provides.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    What about Juniors drive in race 1?
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    AbbysAce said:

What was wrong with it?
    Went back from wide draw, followed the pegs but found traffic, yes stormed home when clear but that will happen on that sort of track.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Fantastic tipping by  Gilga - Mister Ardee  is the definition of a genuine consistent horse - with a little bit of toughness - i can remember backing it in free for alls up at Kalgoorlie - and it allways seemed to be a decent price $8 etc

Just on that protest it is hard to say - i have only had one protest decision where i had big money riding on the result . It was at HP Friday night meeting  many years ago - pre pay tv - so i was at home listening to it on the radio . When they hit the line i had the trifecta 10 times - and they gave the approximate dividends - thus i was holding a ticket worth upwards of $3000 . There was a protest 3rd against 2nd - that wasnt a disaster - because i had 2nd and 3rd both ways 10 times - however the dividend would halve - because the 3rd horse was alot tighter in the market

However it was a double protest - 4th against 2nd as well - that would be a disaster - because that would knock me out completely .Kevin Thompson the caller ( and this was before wall to wall racing- so he had a bit of time to talk about the protests ) he said - there is a margin between those 3 horses - however he added - and ive never forgotten his words - he said that 2nd horse was like a drunken sailor up the home straight - that made be a bit nervous

Anyhow there was a lengthy hearing - then they went back out to him on course - he said protest results 3rd against 2nd upheld - i thought at that point ok they have reversed 2  placed horses - however stewards being stewards - dont want to stick their neck out - there is a glimmer of hope - they wont elevate an unplaced horse against the 2nd horse - however 4th against 2nd upheld as well ( im pretty sure Darren Binskin drove the 4th horse ) and i got nothing

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

So does Ryan Warwick get suspended there?

The precedence was set the other week with Kim Prentice. Protest was dismissed so to me that seemingly puts the blame on him.

Congrats. U win dumbest comment of the week. Did u see inside the protest hearing?
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Toepuntit said:

AbbysAce said:

What was wrong with it?
    Went back from wide draw, followed the pegs but found traffic, yes stormed home when clear but that will happen on that sort of track.

I would say he should have went before Voak and obtained the 1/1, and given his horse every opportunity to win.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts

Gilgamesh said:

So does Ryan Warwick get suspended there?

The precedence was set the other week with Kim Prentice. Protest was dismissed so to me that seemingly puts the blame on him.

Congrats. U win dumbest comment of the week. Did u see inside the protest hearing?

I am not anti your good mate Ryan. I was merely questioning the stewards and how they would act on how they have seen the incident. What they did end up saying IMO is a cop out. If you read my other comments clearly I think he is at no fault and should have got the race.

I would have liked for him to say something along the lines of where I have positioned my horse for the run to the line I have allowed plenty of room for the natural racing pattern of any horse to drift a few inches either way. Mr DeCampo's horse has clearly drifted up more than the 1/8th of a cart he is claiming, taking the clear running that I'm entitled to ultimately causing us to lock wheels and cost my horse the race. He needed to be more definitive with his argument.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2019
    What you need in protests is Shane Dye or Craig Williams - two of the best. As soon as slight admission made - game over.

Thought in the Railway Stakes champion hoop Kerrin McEvoy was ever so slightly found wanting when losing out to Luckygray.
    Not McEvoy's fault he's a ripper...but presenting your case has to be done pretty well.
    Escapes me the name of the apprentice that fired in a protest head steward,said how much did it cost you son he replied  a half-length sir, the margin was a three-quarters of a length, anyway stewards upheld the protest..

The steward said son, we believe the incident cost you at least a length,and went on to tell the lad you must lodge a objection based on more then official margin, do you remember that one riders?.
    edited June 2019
    That's a good one stg, hadn't heard that one, and in the heat of word battle an easy mistake to make, but goes to show whatever is said its the stewards who decide - also agree the jockeys/drivers have their say but trainers and owners - no pass on them - unnecessary.

What you don't need is a stewards protest - 99% of the time there upheld. Funny that.

Nothing worse than a winning ticket and then having Dye or Williams go up against you just the same.
    edited June 2019
    Was on a Trunkey horse one night at GP many moons ago - was in front and the eventual winner going home much the better just layed in a fraction, all it did was make the margin closer than what it would've been.

It was the second last race of the night and was on my way home, had a shot at throwing the ticket into a bin over the wall at the WACCA...dobbbed it!

Back to the HR Holden please start - yep all good and then hear the protest - hmmmm no chance and the ticket is resting down the bottom of a green tin bin.

Needless to say was at the WACCA at 6 o'clock the next morning for the gates to open. How it was upheld still a mystery.

Thought afterwards how lucky was that ticket lobbed, and there was no way was taking any risks about it being emptied!
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Im Soxy has to be the most improved horse in Australia.

22 starts at Kalgoorlie in Oct-Dec 2017 for 2 wins and one placing and now chasing home Chicago Bull in fast class. A remarkable turn around.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

Im Soxy has to be the most improved horse in Australia.

22 starts at Kalgoorlie in Oct-Dec 2017 for 2 wins and one placing and now chasing home Chicago Bull in fast class. A remarkable turn around.
    In all fairness Chariots, they were 2 quality wins 
    :))

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

Whats more intriguing, prior to going to Kalgoorlie it had its first start for its current trainer brain Clemens finished 106metres from winner stewards comments performed poorly stood down 6 days one trial.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Agree about the comments re Im Soxy most improved horse in Aust - i couldnt believe when it sat outside that thing of Jack Justins and beat it cold

In say the last 5-6 years  2 horses have improved out of sight - one of them being Im Soxy and the other one is Vultan Tin - it was just a horse in my opinion - Woodley use to drive it for a while their - i would have given you long odds at the time about it becoming a free for all horse - but it also dramatically improved

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

Hy leexcting can also be added to the much improved list of late....4wins out his last 8. and about 1 winout of his previous 26
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Just had a look at the fields that competed at Kalgoorlie at the final GMTC meeting. At least 20 of the contestants have been racing competitively in metro and provincial meetings for ages now......including horses like Mister Ardee who won that night and at GP last friday and quite a few others that raced tonight. 
    Perhaps there was a case to promote an outer country circuit more expertly rather than prop up pathetic numbers in GP fields as "premium" events after all ?

2lifetimewinners, savethegame likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    If you saw I'm Soxy working as a rising 2yo in Kal you wouldn't be surprised, had that action that showed he was always going to be a nice horse. Didn't help being a flashy chestnut either. Tried buying a couple of times when racing in Kal but pretty sure ol Conno knew he had a nice horse one day.
    As for closing down Kalgoorlie. Pretty hard to mount an argument when the decision had been made a long time before it was announced. RWWA was looking for an excuse and the club gave it to them arguing over meeting allocations. It was a great club and a great way to spend a summer evening living in Kalgoorlie, which at times got lost by the locals.
    God help the turf club if Peter Fernie cuts back, I see they have been cut by three meetings this year.
    As I said to The boss of the turf club at the time when there was talk of shutting down the trots. The two clubs should have got together and said NO to RWWA, as they both needed each other to survive. Classic case of people making decisions from afar who do not understand how the industry works.

AbbysAce, JayJay, cisco, jum, VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.