Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited July 2019
    spinking said:

I think Deto may be talking about Tomic whos first round match last night was a new record in Wimbledon history for the quickest match played.And his presser after the match just shows what a absolute loser this guy is. as stated before the sooner the ATP pull this blokes card the better. Absolute w...er

I was actually going on the previous comments about Kyrgios, Spin because I visualised what had unfolded and I had seen it all before.
    Then in the morning I read up on Tomic and OMG. His effort was even worse. These two blokes are re writing history in every unflattering category there is.
    I can just imagine them both sitting back at their hotel laughing there arses off at how they are taking the pizz and getting paid for it. What does a first round loser get $60,000 ?
    Wouldn't mind that coin for an hour and a half of sun baking in the English sun.

spinking likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the APT are as weak as p*ss......almost as weak as Queensland racing....

jum, spinking likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I actually didn't mind watching Kyrgios last night, he at least tried during parts of the match and for me it's about being entertained. It was a 5 setter against another Aussie and his unpredictable nature and theatrics I think suck you in. I reckon he's treading many thin lines though in terms of match fixing, respect for his opponent and responsibility as a respresentative for your country. I think we know we'll see a different Kyrgios against Nadal. All the talk today has been about the broadcaster being Sexist now as they preferred to show Kyrgios v Thompson instead of the Barty match. This is the world we live in now.

On the other hand, Tomic really needs to be cut from playing tennis by the powers that be. He is disinterested from serve 1 and to me crosses all the lines above of match fixing, respect and responsibility. If you get a chance to watch his conference after the match, he really does himself no favours and comes across as just a dumb arogant s h I t. Once the federation of whoever make the call and say you can't turn up and collect your 100k or what ever it is and perform in that manor and cut off the funds then it will continue. He takes the spot of someone who wants to be there and playing like that just p I s s e s on everyone involved.

Are there stewards in tennis that analyse betting markets? etc because I can tell you someone with the talent of Tomic should be beating or at least being competitive against an ageing Jo Wilfred, no disrespect to the great man Tsonga. It was clearly his intention to lose in straight sets! Problem is he isn't trying to hide it one bit.

spinking likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Spot betting on tennis raised its head on the radio this morning and zoning on on Kyrgios after dropping the 4th set. He draws the heat because of his history and his histrionics.
    Not defending Kyrgios , but other top players such ad Fed Djokovic etc can be scrutinized if you want to.
    For example, first round at Wimblebon, Djokovic draws a no name. Djokovic could win 6 love 6 love 6 love.
    Djokovic possibly would stretch the match out to 64 63 64 to get mstch practice, familiarize himself with the court, not embarrass his junior opponent, give the fans 3 hours of entertainment insteaf of 2 hours, practoce his serve or return of serve.
    Is that spot betting ??
    Plenty of players give up a set particularly if they get broken early to conserve their energy for the next set.
    Problem with Kyrgios is that he is such a flog, he draws the heat.
    Tomic is flog at the next level up.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Tomics pay cheque cancelled

rooboy, oldhendo likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    =D>
    spinking said:

Tomics pay cheque cancelled

Finally some action. A fine wouldn't hurt too, double bang.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    He really needs to pack it in. Start playing with some passion or just retire.
    Rafa here to play tonight.

Kyrgios on point with a 143 mph second serve then under arms an ace to win the game

Kyrgios breathing fire in this second set
    These under arm serves are absolute fire by Kyrgios!!
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    These under arm serves are absolute fire by Kyrgios!!
    29 aces to 11, didn't watch the match myself but atleast he managed to pinch 1 set of Rafa
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts

Gave away the fourth set as a 'strategy' ? He is a fool. Rafa will use him for practice.

Watched the first two sets but at 1AM I ran out of steam. Usual antics, predictable result. For someone who strikes the ball so well, Kyrgios has incredibly poor footwork and a distinct lack of strategy capable of winning matches. He does however have a lip.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited July 2019
    He acknowledges that he won't win a slam becos he can't be consistent for 7 matches in a row. The fact he has the ability to beat anyone out there makes him a nuisance for top seeds if they meet him earlier in the draw..which is more likely than not due to his plummeting ranking.

If Nick played like that every time he would beat 85% of his opponents.

Cant stand rafa, i want to watch tennis not watch him touch his nose, ears and pick his jocks out of his ass....
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    publicly admitting he aimed those rockets at rafa chest should be enough to get him suspended for a long period of time.... X(
    @thefalcon He's a punk and a coward. When Wawrinka wanted a piece of him Kyrgios wanted nothing to do with it. Had to get his brother to start fighting his battles for him. If this were any other sport Nadal would have flattened him on the playing field last night.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    thefalcon said:

publicly admitting he aimed those rockets at rafa chest should be enough to get him suspended for a long period of time.... X(

Is there a rule against it ?
    Good spot to aim I'd have thought (hard to return).
    And I'm sure Rafa is skilled enough to get to it.

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

Tivers said:

thefalcon said:

Is there a rule against it ?
    Good spot to aim I'd have thought (hard to return).
    And I'm sure Rafa is skilled enough to get to it.
    It's a cheap shot. You can bet he fights in the same manner.
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    To many Flogs
    Getting over paid in tennis
    Including Serena
    And many more

Manchild likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Phuckwit spits the dummy again!
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Beaten in four sets today by Rublev

oldhendo likes this post.

Beaten in four sets today by Rublev

$2.50 was available for Rublev, who'd already beaten Tsitsipas(8) in rnd 1 $-)
    Started a charity drive yesterday donating $200 for every ace he scores over the summer and now EVERYONE has jumped on board which is a good thing. We may not want him representing our country as the thread states but i would want him on my team if i was farked. He has done heaps for charity and thru his foundation if you bother to look.

jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    20 aces today
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Thank you Nadal

oldhendo likes this post.

The bloke is making a lot of sense of late(RE: Djokovic & COVID-19 etc). It's scary

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Quite amazing and stupid how loose Djokovic and his pals have been lately..going to be a real bad look if someone dies as a direct result of his actions and utter contempt for Covid.
    It is kind of ironic that Kyrgios is rightly berating them for acts of stupidity.
    The video of Novak and his mates, tops off dancing on the stage etc is absolutely cringe worthy.

oldhendo, VillageKid likes this post.