G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

2019/20 NBA Season

Sport

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    D'Angelo Russell sign & trade agreed to $117/4yrs..details pending.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    The year of the haves, and the have nots.
    Iggy to Grizz I just read too though (another out of Warriors).

therealkramer likes this post.

Enes Kanter to either Boston or Clippers you'd think. If that's all the Clippers get, though....ouch. Boogie Cousins also available
    Boogie is done (injuries)
    Kanye’s could go to anyone, but the Raps !
    Yeah, I can't see Boston getting Boogie beocs he won't give you many minutes. Maybe he stays at GS. Steven Adams(via a trade) or Kanter perhaps? 
    Chris Broussard reporting Lakers are closer to snaring Kawhi and perhaps Iguodala pending a buyout with Memphis. Rondo has an offer and Seth Curry & Danny Green are in the mix.

Enes Kanter has signed with the Celtics, 2yrs/$10mil...makes sense
    The suspense.................... (Kawhi)

Tivers said:

The suspense.................... (Kawhi)

The Clippers it is...and Paul George will join him via a trade from OKC. Russ gonna be extra salty now :)] :-O
    Danny Green to the Lakers now confirmed....I think it's probably looking like Philly or Boston coming out of the East. Milwaukee lost Brogdon & Mirotic in free agency so unless Giannis' jump shot makes major improvements over the off season, I'd have the Bucks behing the Celtics & 76ers
    Boogie Cousins signed with the Lakers on a one-year deal.He's like a bigger version of Isaiah Thomas, who signed with Washington. Both players struck down with serious injuries and destined to forever sign short contracts hoping for that big pay day
    The latest rumour surrounds a possible trade of Russell Westbrook to the Miami Heat, where he would team up with recently acquired Jimmy Butler. Steven Adams has also previously been discussed as a tradeable asset as the OKC Thunder go into full rebuild mode.
    edited July 2019
    Full salary (and luxury tax) cutting mode more the point
    Tivers said:

Full salary (and luxury tax) cutting mode more the point

You need to have some reason why the fans will keep turning up though. The luxury tax is small change if the franchise starts bleeding money becos the stands are empty.
    Yeah, but they were massive overs.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited July 2019
    Clippers or Philadelphia to win it. With confidence.
    Phila did get within a Kawhi tinny arse shot if winning it this year (assume they also would have beaten injury ravaged GSW), and did so with Embiid on one leg.
    That or Bucks I guess......

jum likes this post.

Tivers said:

Phila did get within a Kawhi tinny **** shot if winning it this year (assume they also would have beaten injury ravaged GSW), and did so with Embiid on one leg.
    That or Bucks I guess......

I want to see how Kemba goes in Boston first. I know they've lost a few players Morris, Horford, Kyrie, Rozier but they were a game from making the '17/'18 NBA Finals without Kyrie & Hayward.
    Yeah, as good as the West is - the East is full of intrigue this coming season.
    Best season ahead in memory for me.

Westbrook to Detroit would be interesting and the Pistons are being mentioned-along with Miami & Minnesota-as a possible landing spot. I assume Andre Drummond would be one of the players traded back to OKC.
    Actually I take that back....Andre Drummond's contract would be the last think OKC wants right now 8-}
    Kyle Korver has signed a one-year deal with the Bucks...Giannis just got one of his shooters...JR Smith next?  :-?
    Bugger.
    Was hoping to Sixers.
    edited July 2019
    Tivers said:

Bugger.
    Was hoping to Sixers.

Apparently it was between the Bucks & Sixers. Pretty good choices if you're ring-chasing like Korver
    Pretty sure they were doing the chasing.
    Tivers said:

Pretty sure they were doing the chasing.

Absolutely, but he's not going to sign with a non-contender at this point in his career. He has a certain skill set which means he can await offers.The Lakers probably would've offered him a deal, too.
    edited January 2020
    Kobe Bryant died this morning in a helicopter crash. RIP. 

edited March 2020
    Season SUSPENDED

Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz) tested positive to COVID19, pulled the players off that court and in to quarantine imediately.
    Current playing games to finish up, then hiatis.

This is the template we will follow sooner or later. Trump has banned travelers from Europe for 30 days and we certainly should be doing something similar, including Americans. It will happen eventually, but Scomo is useless so he won't do it proactively. NRL season starts tonight, but for how long will it continue?