G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Are Claimers on the WA Agenda?

Harness & Greyhounds
Another Ayjay, pretty much uncompetitive in WA, placed 2nd in a claimer in SA today. Smackwater Jack also now domiciled over there. Are there any plans or thoughts to revive Claimers within the new handicap system and if so, what might the conditions look like? As I read things, it may be an opportunity to keep horses within the WA horse population and keep them racing. The exodus to the USA of the likes of Lady Del A Renta, Luis Alberto etc is a different issue...but claimers may offer something to owners of battling horses if the conditions were structured correctly, they seem to work over East.....or maybe I continue to" live in the past".

Comments

• Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    I bloody hope so jay jay
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I like the idea of barrier draws based on claiming price.

The owners can then handicap their own horses if they are fair dinkum.

AbbysAce, cisco, Offthebit likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I think it is a no brainer - they are in every other state - Tassie Vic NSW - creates a market - can get new people involved - their pretty popular - there was one the other day and i read Dean Cernovkis - handy trainer - Canberra way - takes a team up to Albion Park- he won the ballot - because there was multiple claims for one horse

Ian Gurney had the horse he claimed - won a stack of money

What ive noticed with claimers - every now and again - there will be a horse in a claimer way under the price its worth - the connections are probably saying we are a certainty  to win the race - and theve got their fingers crossed it wont be claimed - but it is their to be claimed
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Also agree that it’s a no brainer, fingers crossed they come back
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
                                         -----------CLAIM ----GAME--------

Knocked up a field of ten claimers with 12 questions see how many you get right without checking.

THE FIELD.....1...THREE HALF WHITES                            6...WRONGLY ACCUSED
                            2...DEMORALIZER                                       7...DAVY MAGUIRE   
                            3...EARL OF LOCKSLEY                              8...DARTMOOR
                            4.. DIGGER OF FORTUNE                           9  .GEE WHIZ FIZZ
                            5...TOUCH ME TOES                                  10...VANLO YORKER.

Q1,,,,MOST LIFETIME STARTS----                   Q2....MOST CAREER WINS------

Q3....MOST CLAIMING WINS W,A.----               Q4--MOST CLAIMING WINS IN AUST.-----

Q5....GROUP ONE WINNERS-----.                     Q6..MOST PRIZEMONEY WON...…

Q7....TWO HORSES THAT NEVER RACED IN  W.A. CLAIMERS------

Q8---HORSE WITH LONGEST LOSING SEQUENCE-------

Q9---HORSE THAT RACED AT THREE W.A TRACKS THAT ARE NOW CLOSED------

Q10--TWO HORSES STRUNG SIX WINS IN  SUCCESSION IN W.A.-----

Q11--NAME THREE  OUTTA  FOUR HORSES A.C. LEWIS NEVER DROVE IN A RACE-----

Q12---HORSE THAT WON MOST GROUP  1,2,3, RACES IN NUMBER-----

COPY AND PLACE HORSE NUMBER OR NUMBERS, ALONGSIDE QUESTION.
                      ANSWERS UP  TOMORROW.....hope there right

• Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    Question 7 is Gee Whiz Fizz and Three Half Whites and Question 9 is Three Half Whites.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Q1,,,,MOST LIFETIME STARTS----     Digger              Q2....MOST CAREER WINS------Digger

Q3....MOST CLAIMING WINS W,A.----  Digger             Q4--MOST CLAIMING WINS IN AUST.-----Digger

Q5....GROUP ONE WINNERS-----.Vanlo,Whiz                     Q6..MOST PRIZEMONEY WON...…Vanlo

Q7....TWO HORSES THAT NEVER RACED IN  W.A. CLAIMERS------Demoralizer

Q8---HORSE WITH LONGEST LOSING SEQUENCE-------No Idea

Q9---HORSE THAT RACED AT THREE W.A TRACKS THAT ARE NOW CLOSED------Earl

Q10--TWO HORSES STRUNG SIX WINS IN  SUCCESSION IN W.A.-----
    Digger, wrongly accused
    Q11--NAME THREE  OUTTA  FOUR HORSES A.C. LEWIS NEVER DROVE IN A RACE-----Earl, Whiz and Three Half whites (but an absolute guess)

Q12---HORSE THAT WON MOST GROUP  1,2,3, RACES IN NUMBER-----Too hard.

Great quiz, I suspect I am going home early for failure to score lol.
  • OnTheBridleOnTheBridle    36 posts
    edited July 2019
    Q1. Wrongly Accused
    Q2. Digger Of Fortune
    Q3. Digger Of Fortune
    Q4. Dartmoor
    Q5. Vanlo Yorker, Gee Whiz Fizz
    Q6. Dartmoor
    Q7. Three Half Whites, Gee Whiz Fizz
    Q8. Touch Me Toes
    Q9. Earl Of Locksley
    Q10. Digger Of Fortune, Gee Whiz Fizz
    Q11. Davy Maguire, Earl Of Locksley, Vanlo Yorker
    Q12. Gee Whiz Fizz - wouldn’t know number.

-----------CLAIM ----GAME--------

Knocked up a field of ten claimers with 12 questions see how many you get right without checking.

THE FIELD.....1...THREE HALF WHITES                            6...WRONGLY ACCUSED
                            2...DEMORALIZER                                       7...DAVY MAGUIRE   
                            3...EARL OF LOCKSLEY                              8...DARTMOOR
                            4.. DIGGER OF FORTUNE                           9  .GEE WHIZ FIZZ
                            5...TOUCH ME TOES                                  10...VANLO YORKER.

Q1,,,,MOST LIFETIME STARTS---wrongly accused 360starts-                   Q2....MOST CAREER WINS------41 wins digger of fortune& dartmoor

Q3....MOST CLAIMING WINS W,A.---18  digger-               Q4--MOST CLAIMING WINS IN AUST.----- 20--dartmoor

Q5....GROUP ONE WINNERS--three half whites----,dartmoor--- gee whiz fizz----vanlo yorker                    Q6..MOST PRIZEMONEY WON...…dartmoor 427,357,,,

Q7....TWO HORSES THAT NEVER RACED IN  W.A. CLAIMERS---three half whites--- gee whiz fizz

Q8---HORSE WITH LONGEST LOSING SEQUENCE---touch me toes 64 starts

Q9---HORSE THAT RACED AT THREE W.A TRACKS THAT ARE NOW CLOSED--three half whites ---merriden gero,kalgoorlie

Q10--TWO HORSES STRUNG SIX WINS IN  SUCCESSION IN W.A.-gee whiz fizz--- vanlo yorker-

Q11--NAME THREE  OUTTA  FOUR HORSES A.C. LEWIS NEVER DROVE IN A RACE-----  three half whites,---- davy maguire-----gee whiz fizz --- vanlo yorker

Q12---HORSE THAT WON MOST GROUP  1,2,3, RACES IN NUMBER---gee whiz fizz

COPY AND PLACE HORSE NUMBER OR NUMBERS, ALONGSIDE QUESTION.
                      ANSWERS UP  TOMORROW.....hope there right

Q1. Wrongly Accused
    Q2. Digger Of Fortune
    Q3. Digger Of Fortune
    Q4. Dartmoor
    Q5. Vanlo Yorker, Gee Whiz Fizz
    Q6. Dartmoor
    Q7. Three Half Whites, Gee Whiz Fizz
    Q8. Touch Me Toes
    Q9. Earl Of Locksley
    Q10. Digger Of Fortune, Gee Whiz Fizz
    Q11. Davy Maguire, Earl Of Locksley, Vanlo Yorker
    Q12. Gee Whiz Fizz - wouldn’t know number.

TOP EFFORT.....GREAT MEMORY.
    JAY JAY Put the pressure on ya, your 6/4 on for this one,          on the bridle is 2/1; upwards others

What did...……... Earl of Locksley, Demoralizer, Gee Whiz Fizz Have in common.
    I know two of them are out of Classic Garry mares (Whiz and Demoraliser), so I'll take the punt and say all of them say "Grandma" to Classic Garry??

VillageKid likes this post.

Looking at the claimer at Globe Derby this weekend, with Another Ayjay drawn gate 1, it looks like the draw is determined by their claim price ...as suggested by Chariots a few posts back.
    JayJay said:

I know two of them are out of Classic Garry mares (Whiz and Demoraliser), so I'll take the punt and say all of them say "Grandma" to Classic Garry??

the favourite gets home all out  of classic garry mares;;;

VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Another ajay good draw short race good ew bet.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Interesting mobile claimer at Launceston on Friday

2k to 12k - with pref draw - cheapies off the front

But the most expensive  horse Remember Joe in at 12k - and probably with the best forms - 3 recents 2nds and won a race a couple of months back  - and Betfair have got it equal fave at $3.50  but it is only 1st emergency

I  wonder why its only an emergency