G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 15 Non Members

Golden Slipper 13/7

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    It belted its cart and over raced at Northam last week but they only went 1.57.6.....cant do that running 1.54.....was truly run, made it a certainty 1,10,11 tri and at $9.80, every punter in Australia had it.. Very smart horse the winner.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    I’m soxy might get a crack at it one day

PackedMetalPanda, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    An opportunity for analysis provided by the juxtaposition of meetings this weekend.
    Do the horses of "profile" draw the turnover as is frequently touted or is turnover driven by other less esoteric considerations.....like timeslot and habit. I know what I will be on as causal ...... and it aint the former. 

Just comparing the "fast class" race (5) at Bunbury last night (Heat of the Higgins) with the FFA high profile race (5) at GP tonight....parimutual figures only, sans the quaddie.....Bunbury $41.2k and GP 37.1k
    Well Jasper won, and good on the Elsons and Nathan, good work but Major Martini was simply enormous and was something beaten. At least Sweet Maddison ended up getting a run after all!!!!!
    In fairness, a good spike in turnover on the Slipper. Maybe the fans over the road couldn't handle the excitement of the nil all draw going on (after 55 minutes) over the river and have headed back to the trots for a bit of excitement!!!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited July 2019
    Did a little comparing....first 3 races turnover ( WA parimutuel) GP last friday and Bunbury last night ....time and football stopped me from going deeper.

GP....5/07 .....                   R1    $66.039 K   R2 $50.625 K  R3 $53.431 K
    Bunbury  13/07 ......          R1   $51.074 K    R2..$49.114 K    R3 $ 61.224 K

So what do we determine in terms of policy derivation and application from where this looks like leading ? Small sample for sure but looks a decent base for contradictory argument to the exclusory HWOE tiered racing model to me ?

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Fark me. If C Hall and M Reed dont get time tonight the stewards need a farken bullet.
    The first 800m of the FFA was.....well....is bizarre the word? Going like last weeks pay, almost stopping, going again, horses propping, nearly going out of their gear....don't think Ive seen anything like it before and Ive done a lot of seeing!!!

VillageKid likes this post.

• MorganJamesMorganJames    173 posts
    No way should they get time .
    After what Gary Hall did on Warfare 2 months ago by putting a 1.80 favourite 3 back on the fence and not get holiday no driver ever should get  time .
    At least C.Hall and M. Reed were trying.

After what Gary Hall did on Warfare 2 months ago by putting a 1.80 favourite 3 back on the fence and not get holiday no driver ever should get  time .

Thats the problem with this stewards panel. They have set the bar on whats acceptable or not in recent months and now they have to live with the consequence of having no farken idea.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Hahahahahahahahaha is that what you call it
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts

**** me. If C Hall and M Reed dont get time tonight the stewards need a farken bullet.

At least they didn't chop horses legs in half like your mate ryan has done twice in the last month :-q
    Offthebit said:

**** me. If C Hall and M Reed dont get time tonight the stewards need a farken bullet.

At least they didn't chop horses legs in half like your mate ryan has done twice in the last month :-q
    And justly suspended.
    Congrats to C Hall for pulling the wool over the stewards eyes.
    I believe that if you have a horse you cant control or restrain without choking down, should you not have to trial the horse to ensure the changes work before putting it in a race again to potentially do the same thing?
    JPG
    JPG
    Stewards.JPG
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited July 2019
    Noticed in race 9 - Carribean Cruiser started at 150/1 straight out on Tabtouch and with no odds on favourite in the race they bet just 5/1 a place. My goodness.

A quarter of the straight out odds is a fair deal, most of the pirates have now gone to one fifth of the odds or worse...but to go to 1/30th of the odds...that'll go down in the Guiness Book Of Records.
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts

I believe that if you have a horse you cant control or restrain without choking down, should you not have to trial the horse to ensure the changes work before putting it in a race again to potentially do the same thing?

We don't agree very often but I'm totally with you that one.
    You got your wish with chopper he copped 10 days
    Offthebit said:

We don't agree very often but I'm totally with you that one.
    You got your wish with chopper he copped 10 days
    He copped 10 days for tightening on the corner for the first time, the inquiry into his drive is to be completed.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    And the drive of the night goes to Lauren Jones who despite being able to take a trail early in the race decides to press forward three wide into the breeze on a horse that is clearly outclassed in that company and again put pressure on the leader. After a "major" inquiry a few weeks ago involving the same driver and horse, nothing said accept the horse choked down. Same stable same stewards no idea.

And the drive of the night goes to Lauren Jones who despite being able to take a trail early in the race decides to press forward three wide into the breeze on a horse that is clearly outclassed in that company and again put pressure on the leader. After a "major" inquiry a few weeks ago involving the same driver and horse, nothing said accept the horse choked down. Same stable same stewards no idea.

The current stewards panel has less then no idea and need a complete over hall.  They are toothless and trainers and drivers spin all kinds of **** and the stewards "note comments"

Ivorytrunkey86, Offthebit likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    cisco said:

Hope you are right in race 1 VillageKid.

Cheers cisco
    Good to see Beltane got the chocies at Pinjarra today Cisco.
  • ciscocisco    805 posts
    edited July 2019
    Many thanks Boys - Chris Voak's aggressive driving style will improve the horse.

Cheers cisco

VillageKid likes this post.

Well done Cisco, just try to get him out to better odds next time. None of this $1.50 business!

cisco likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    edited July 2019
    I can guarantee you Riders it wasn't my money because I could stop a bloody freight train!!!

Cheers cisco

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

He's a good driver that fellow..get annoyed with him sometimes haha he wouldn't care...but overall he's a top line aggressive reinsman who can get the job done.

cisco likes this post.