G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Good game of footy . Apart From the result. Marko your right can't not score in a quarter and a bit and defend a lead. Especially a 16 point lead
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Well Done Pies
    They should play away from home
    More Often !
    It’s only July but
    Let see what happens in
    Sept

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Knowing the result i'd pay good money to go and watch that game......Compared to last wek that i wouldn't even bother watching a replay of.

Great contest, Weagles flat as  tack in the second half as the Colliwobbles put them in a choker hold
    And still managed to stay in the contest.

Hard to say, but hope you enjoyed the win Hendo......I know its been  while for your team ;-) haha

oldhendo likes this post.

• GepettoGepetto    99 posts
    Thought the umpires regularly calling the Eagles by their first names was a nice touch.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Gepetto said:

Thought the umpires regularly calling the Eagles by their first names was a nice touch.

=)) <:-P =)) :-j
  • GepettoGepetto    99 posts

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Gepetto said:

Nice graph Pet.
    I reckon the AFL has instructed the umpires to give the Eagles a leg up to offset the fact that the Eagles have to travel a minimum of 2500kms per away game 10 times a year.
    But I am only guessing because I cannot think of any other reason ???
    Do you have a theory Pet ???
    But having said that Fremantle don't get the same concession so my theory is out the window. Hmmmm. Maybe the umpires just don't like Fremantle. They are no orphans there.
    Maybe the umpires are scared of the "Chardonnay Set" Eagle supporters. That Chardonnay stings if it gets thrown in your eyes. =))
    More RTB spin today deflecting the scrutiny off himself and calling for more "brand Fyfe" protection.
    Another typical Docker game. 8 goals for the match on a fine day against a team in the lower half of the ladder.
    Must be tough supporting the Dockers. I listened to 6pr talkback after the game to see what the callers were saying. It wasn't pretty. The brand is copping a hiding. 10 goals in 8 qtrs of footy. Wow Wee X_X
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    A bit similar to the Blue and Yellow Wiggles kicking one point from the 11 minute mark of the third quarter.

A bit similar to the Blue and Yellow Wiggles kicking one point from the 11 minute mark of the third quarter.

Very predictable response Chariots.
    Although our game didn't feel like a low scoring predictable "snore fest" like yours.
    But I admire your loyalty to your football team even with your lack of success and the support of the coach who is going to lead you to the promised land !!!
    =)) :)) :D
    That aside it was a very good game to watch Detonator but I am still having trouble in coming to grips how one of the premiership favourites with an exceptional midfield and a potent forward line in front of their adoring home crowd can manage only one point in 50 minutes of football.
    Kane Cornes reckons RTB is throwing up the Nat Fyfe being hard done by off the ball . to throw of the press giving it to him about his coaching

detonator likes this post.

That aside it was a very good game to watch Detonator but I am still having trouble in coming to grips how one of the premiership favourites with an exceptional midfield and a potent forward line in front of their adoring home crowd can manage only one point in 50 minutes of football.

There are a lot of what ifs in footy. Last week you blokes could easily have had at least seven on the board but for bad kicking. 2 goals not a true reflection but it does provide ammo for people like me.
    The other night Hickey handballing to Darling and stuffing it up. Allen missing Sheed and then copping a **** bounce didn't help etc etc.
    But a week is a long time in footy and I expect us to kick a lot more goals this week in the middle of Australia. Shame the big black panther won't be there. Would have been a good duel with Max.
    edited July 2019
    spinking said:

Kane Cornes reckons RTB is throwing up the Nat Fyfe being hard done by off the ball . to throw of the press giving it to him about his coaching

Ironically when "brand Fyfe" came off with his shoulder he did it himself. The Hawthorn player never touched him. In fact he jumped over him when he was on the ground.
    RTB is now embarrassing himself and his club.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    The much celebrated point wasn't kicked, it was forced.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Nic Nat is unfortunately going to be out for some time with an ankle problem.
    A mixed bag weekend for the former SD boys with Nic & Stevie Coniglio seriously injured whilst the Cameron brothers were trying to outdo each other with 4 goals each. Good to see another SD lad in Broad helping up his former team mate Cogs after his knee injury.
    Terrible news for the Wiggles,  Unlike some who delight in injuries to opposition players I will miss his contribution to our great game. Likewise Coniglio whose free agent plans will suffer a severe setback. 
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'd like to know how much NN has cost his club. medical trips to germany and I think twice to the USA..he would not travel cattle-class or stay in a backpackers. I saw in the media while in the US he was knocking around with some d-listers.
    plus he's on a huge wage..not a bad lurk, eh?
    I reckon whatever he has cost he has made back for them plenty of times over in merchandising
    I don't doubt that spinking...it would probably run into the millions of $s over the years.
    but a lot of folk are getting sick and bloody tired of seeing him in the paper day in and day out and on TV every night. whats on the front page this morning...effing NN....FFS.

oldhendo likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Hearing some very strong rumours that will or could shatter me!

Ross 8-} 8-} 8-} Lyon  8-X 8-X 8-X to coach the Roos! :(( :(( :(( 

Jack Footsteps Darling to carry his bags!

I better start learning the Gold Coast team song!

RIO, oldhendo, spinking likes this post.

edited July 2019
    rooboy said:

WTF. No pleeeaaaaaaase stay at Freo RTB.
    Cam Mcarthy needs you. Don't listen to the talkback callers saying your no good.
    We love your work at the Dockers.
    The shinboners memberships are rocky at best without RTB setting them back another 10 years.
    Ok you missed out on Longmire. Stick with Rhys.
    Come on Ross. Stay for me. [-O<

spinking likes this post.

tell him to take bloody NN with him..... :>
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    thefalcon said:

I don't doubt that spinking...it would probably run into the millions of $s over the years.
    but a lot of folk are getting sick and bloody tired of seeing him in the paper day in and day out and on TV every night. whats on the front page this morning...effing NN....FFS.

I dont think you can blame him for the 5hit journalists that dont have an imagination. As a weagles supporter i just flick past it now and have for the past 4 or 5 weeks Not too hard to do.

His value to the club is far greater than his value to the team, that is why the club gave him a 3 year contract extension. By the end of 2023, he will be a 1 club player, with life membership having played over 200 games and been selected in an All Australian Team......Pretty good outcome for everyone.

spinking likes this post.

edited July 2019
    thefalcon said:

Cmon Falc. Stop posting about Nic Nat. I'm getting bloody sick tired of it. :D

spinking, thefalcon likes this post.

Cmon Falc get it right. Think the big fella was on the front and back page

detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Looking at a few tweets from Nic Nat I think hes fed up as well, seems media were camped in his driveway most of the day. 
    That's what happens in a two team town. Remember as if you could forget the other human headline back in the paper today, having a kick with his young bloke. Seriously is this news worthy are we strangled for news that much that the West Australian has to report that global breaking news

oldhendo, detonator, RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Thought the same thing this morning when I saw the paper. Let the bloke spend some rare time with his kid in peace!

thefalcon likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    rooboy said:

no chance...