G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    TheDiva said:

rooboy said:

Hearing some very strong rumours that will or could shatter me!

Ross 8-} 8-} 8-} Lyon  8-X 8-X 8-X to coach the Roos! :(( :(( :(( 

Jack Footsteps Darling to carry his bags!

I better start learning the Gold Coast team song!
    no chance... 

What a dream for you and Rooboy. Majak (and it is really good to see him back up and about) back and firing next year, with RTB steering the ship!!!

Sensational year ahead
    :))

rooboy likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Bombers get around them :x :x :x

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Luving their style Bomber....Amazing work rate from the back of the square
    Saad and McKenna absolute machines. The whole team when on song are a pleasure to watch.

oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    yep Bomber, so strong when they get that run on...Run through any defence with that sort of speed and they are very hard to contain...Finals are pretty well a done deal now...Well fought for
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    How good was that kick to himself by McKenna on the wing! =D> =D> =D>

Nevershowsurprise, H-BOMBER, RIO likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    They are pretenders. Crows are flakey at best and by no means any sort of measuring stick.
    The saving grace is this is the biggest pretender season off all time
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    "Ross the Boss" to Adelaide Crows ?????
    He may as well, after all he has coached everywhere else =)) :)) :-?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

NSS, i sort of agree with this NSS.....I think hte fity media machine have been doing anything to get the audience to watch "them" .

So as soon as a team has a run of wins...they are champions and finals bound.....a run of loss' they are crap and the coach needs to be sacked. And it has made for a season that is constantly addressed in by the last 2-3 games.

When you look at teams and who they have lost to its not a lot different to a normal season. Beating teams below you and losing to teams above you.

Geelong, Eagles, Pies and Richmond were always goign to be finals bound. the rest was up for grabs...GWS - perennial floppers. Adelaide,flakiness started last season and wont change until a major clean out is had, Brisbane were bound to improve........And the rest were all in the mix for the finals, depending on if they won more games against the teams in a similar position or not.

As with the Nic Nat situation, the media are flat out making the news, rather than reporting it.... Which appears normal these days....WHICH is proof that i have joined the Grumpy Old Bas...rds Club!!!

oldhendo likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Welcome to my club Rio.

:D

RIO, Manchild likes this post.

RIO said:

NSS, i sort of agree with this NSS.....I think hte fity media machine have been doing anything to get the audience to watch "them" .

So as soon as a team has a run of wins...they are champions and finals bound.....a run of loss' they are crap and the coach needs to be sacked. And it has made for a season that is constantly addressed in by the last 2-3 games.

When you look at teams and who they have lost to its not a lot different to a normal season. Beating teams below you and losing to teams above you.

Geelong, Eagles, Pies and Richmond were always goign to be finals bound. the rest was up for grabs...GWS - perennial floppers. Adelaide,flakiness started last season and wont change until a major clean out is had, Brisbane were bound to improve........And the rest were all in the mix for the finals, depending on if they won more games against the teams in a similar position or not.

As with the Nic Nat situation, the media are flat out making the news, rather than reporting it.... Which appears normal these days....WHICH is proof that i have joined the Grumpy Old Bas...rds Club!!!

You changing your name to"Old Rio" ??? ;)
    This has been a fascinating season so far. More twists and turns to come I reckon.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited July 2019
    haha...yes Old RIO may be an option.

I've been waiting for Bomber to post this up here, but as he hasn't i will.

H-BOMBER, spinking likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Ross Lyons off to Carlton according to Melbourne media
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    OMG....First time i've watched Sydney for a while. They are dreadful!!!!!

No chance.

RIO likes this post.

Ross the Boss just off.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    rooboy said:

No chance.
    Please..no.
    rooboy said:

No chance.

Quite on here after a Wiggles win!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    rooboy said:

Most of us probably exhausted from holding our breath!!!!!

I was hoping for a minimum 6 goal margin...But Melbourne were really good today. and even though the weagles are straight back to Perth, next week wont be gettign any easier. So next week it'd be good to beat the Roos by 6goals +. But looks like we will have to be happy with just a win. A few of the teams outside the 8 are playing with a lot of passion.

Big clash next week Rooboy, and if Hurn and McGovern dont get up, it'll play right into your hands.

Essendon are my smokey for the flag...when they are on, they are ON... And they have been getting ON  a lot teh last month

rooboy likes this post.

Essendon will lose to Gold Coast this week .

Take the $7+ dollars. I know my team.
    3rd week in a row ive had a 6 leg footy multi get done by a point.

A few weeks ago freo getting beat by a point

Last week Eagles getting beat by the pies killed me straight up

This week had Port Adelaide +37.5. Yes that is correct.

Unbeleivable

:((

RIO likes this post.

rooboy said:

Hope the bookies have it right for next week against your boys Rooboy.
    Consecutive long road trips may be the factor in the price but not sure on form there is that much of a difference.
    Punting and tipping on the footy this year is a minefield.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited July 2019
    rooboy said:

I don't think you can call it much of a win after a 1 goal to 7, throughout the 2nd and 3rd term :-SS

Add in last weeks effort and I'm having flashbacks of the Eagles of old between 2007-2010 when we were famous for putting the cue in the rack after the 3rd quarter.

Seems to be a issue plaguing us this year and it needs to be addressed if we are to have any hope of playing again on the big stage.

Manchild likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Still a fair effort by the Wiggles considering all of their small forwards went missing and no Hurn and no Kennedy again.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Not bagging them take the 4 points when you can. but to compensate for that Chariots Melbourne were two rotaions down as opposed to the Eagles in the last quater
    edited July 2019
    The only way the Roo's will win lads would be for Bunger the 2 Harry high pants and Darling not to play!
    With Scotty Thompson maybe out with a sore left nut I think we are stuffed!
    We need ohh ohh ohh its Majak back quick!

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Yep i was goign to suggest the Magic of Majak may just be ready to shine!!!! hahaha

I dont even know if he has played again since his one quarter. Whatever happens with the bloke and whatever his future or past footy has been, i do hope he is in a better spot now...

But him in, and our guys out, it will be a shoo in for your guys
    @-)
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Recipe for defeat.

Western Bulldogs still vying for a spot in the 8 reappoint their coach on a long term contract.

ST Kilda trying to avoid wooden spoon sack their coach.

St Kilda win almost inevitable.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    rooboy said:

The only way the Roo's will win lads would be for Bunger the 2 Harry high pants and Darling not to play!
    With Scotty Thompson maybe out with a sore left nut I think we are stuffed!
    We need ohh ohh ohh its Majak back quick!
    scott must have done his testicle in the last 1.28 minutes? 
    I turned off in disgust after he took the mark and they called it a push in the back.. there was exactly 1.28 to go.... 
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Injury happened mid 3rd quarter