G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

WAFL 2019.

Sport

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Perth Demons out scored Claremont in three quarters - yet still managed to lose by seven points.
    A shocker of a third quarter.

The Black Ducks - it's getting serious.

West Coast - demolished by $ubiaco.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Perth Demons out scored Claremont in three quarters - yet still managed to lose by seven points.
    A shocker of a third quarter.

The Black Ducks - it's getting serious.

West Coast - demolished by $ubiaco.

It was serious some time ago Riders just many at the club failed to see it (how poor we are on the field) with plenty more horror to come unfortunately!
    Swans v West Coast this week....could be interesting, a poor WAFL team against the reserve talent of West Coast.

Perth Demons v $ubi keen to see how the Demons fare. It's a Thursday night game. Big chance for Perth to show their competiveness if their going to play final's.
    SD vs WCE could be interesting in what way Riders?
    If getting a 100 point shellacking from full time professionals against a team playing with absolutely no confidence, skill or spirit who have only mustered 6 goals in their last 250 minutes of football is interesting then I want no part of it!

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Geez the poor old black ducks 2 goals in a game it's happened a bit in Perth the last month. What's gone so wrong at Basso?
    spinking said:

Geez the poor old black ducks 2 goals in a game it's happened a bit in Perth the last month. What's gone so wrong at Basso?

Just having some pride for that famous guernsey that they are fortunate enough to wear out on the ground on a Saturday would be a good start as the continual beltings kicking only 2 or 3 goals a game suggest there is little of it with the current group!
    And then we can start on the skills, decision making, talk etc etc etc......

spinking likes this post.

edited July 2019
    Chopping and changing but began the year with $ubi v Claremont GF and that's it now - lock stock and barrel. South Freo again looking the main danger to the quinella.

West Coast Magoo's still the dark horse - but how would you know ? Betting on them or against them can be fraught with danger - Peel Thunder likewise, for obvious reasons.

Just got a feeling the Tigers are slowly hitting their straps and can cause the upset over the Lions if those two make it on GF day.
    edited August 2019
    $alaryaco by 58 points over the Demons. Chalk and cheese between Subi and the rest...Demons are light years away from them. Tigers and Bulldogs are not far off but Lions hold all the aces.

10 goal victory in a night game that's massive.

VillageKid likes this post.

$alaryaco by 58 points over the Demons. Chalk and cheese between Subi and the rest...Demons are light years away from them. Tigers and Bulldogs are not far off but Lions hold all the aces.

10 goal victory in a night game that's massive.

$ubiaco didnt even play that well either Riders, god help my mob next week when we come up against them! 
    Could be a line bet coming up VK and it'd wanna be large!!

First thought 92 points...but am predicting about the normal 58.5 but this one they might stretch up to around 70 points.

edited August 2019
    Go the Black Ducks!!
    Upset winners over West Coast - an upset for the ages!
    Underdogs at the line - always a good bet...not only line beaters - 4 point winners!

VillageKid, oldhendo likes this post.

Very pleasing to see as a long suffering Black Ducky Riders, even better is we have virtually ended WCE Reserves finals chances in doing so.
    The likes of WP owe us big time but in WP's case we will never see that favour paid back, they never pay anyone as the WAFC do all it for them!

JayJay, oldhendo likes this post.

edited August 2019
    The amount of upsets in AFL and WAFL still happen with good occurrence.

Some games withstanding...but blimey you wouldn't want to be taking some of these fave's to win by 5 goals or more.

Noticed lately though the line on the underdog has tightened up considerably.

North Melbourne in Perth only had a 2 goal head start against West Coast. My goodness.
    edited August 2019
    VK the Black Ducks v $alaryaco line was 68.5, it's 10.10 to 1.1 at half time!
    Luckily stayed away from it, but was tempted, although not over yet! Would need the miracle of miracles for anybody who took the +68.5 Swans for it to get up.

South racing away from Peel Thunder.
    edited August 2019
    Second Half:
    Black Ducks 6.1
    $ubiaco 5.6

Final margin 62 points but Swannies win the second half by a point and beat the +68.5 line.
    That's nearly as a good as a win VK - won the second half and defied the bookies line!

Not too many teams would've out scored Subi in a half this year.

At least something to take out of the hiding Riders but as I have said for the best part of 20 years now no one will get close to $ubiaco again if they are fair dinkum in September!
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    The sooner they bring Subiaco back to the field somehow the better for everyone the worry is they have lost 4 top players this year and should still win the grand final in a canter not good for anyone but them really.
    Well done to Swannies covering the line against them but still didnt collect my multi with Wet Toast beating the Demons unfortunately looks like there wont be a final at Lathlain this year that result probably cost them 10-20k .

edited August 2019
    VK a mate today brought up an old Swan Districts player from the past - and was a name hadn't heard for awhile and immediately recalled him as an uncompromising tough fellow in the backline , think went into the middle too - Jon Foggarty. Very very good footballer.

VillageKid, spinking likes this post.

VK a mate today brought up an old Swan Districts player from the past - and was a name hadn't heard for awhile and immediately recalled him as an uncompromising tough fellow in the backline , think went into the middle too - Jon Foggarty. Very very good footballer.

Very good player Riders and tough as teak too was a 3 x Premiership player and state player, was good to see Foges back at the club earlier in the season at a Premiership reunion.

spinking, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Few uncompromising Swansmen from that era other clubs as well but remember the black&whites Ed Blackaby Barry Kimberly Stan Nowotney don't know if I have spelt them right but certainly remember them

VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited August 2019
    -
    edited August 2019
    Don't worry about the spelling Spinking I'm pretty sure I spelt the above player wrong...and here's another tough one, spelling and player - Swans tagger Bill Skierowski, although as I've told VK the Black Ducks best defender got cleared to East Perth - Robert Solin.

Do recall ( and it's on the WAFL video archive somewhere ) Solin actually kicking the winning goal for East Perth against West Perth 1984 in a must win game. Coach of the Cardies - Dennis Commetti.
    My memory of Robert Solin ( bearing in mind brother Tony an absolute champ at Swans ) is a bloke highly respected by his teammates and EP supporters - for a new player at a club not always easy to do. Unobtrusive, courageous and a team man.

spinking likes this post.

Some great names there fellas and who could forget the indigenous talent the Swannies had around the time. The Narkles Peter Weir who loved to take a hang. Oh the memories of a older time reminds me of my youth. Was even to young to have a beer at the can bar just

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid likes this post.

Swans backline back then in the 80s contained the likes of Murray Rance (All Australian), Tom Mullooly, Tony Solin, Jon Fogarty, Don Langsford, Peter Ware, Bill Skwirowski, Ross Fitzgerald, Craig Holden etc all Premiership players and WA State representatives a few played vfl/afl, as tough a competitor as he was I’m not sure Rob Solin was quite in that class Riders.

Ross Fitzgeralds steel blue know a sponsor. That should have been Peter Ware as you have pointed out above Vilage Kid. Did you ever wear the White and Black Village Kid? . Just a hunch when you said you were at premiereship reunion

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Kevin Caton was good to watch back then too
    edited August 2019
    Think Craig Holden was at North Melbourne in about 81 or 82 and Kevin Caton on his day superb player. He had VFL ( AFL now ) potential and had the x factor especially for that time.

What a surprise packet Leon Baker was when grabbed by Essendon, he exceeded expectations.

VillageKid, spinking likes this post.

spinking said:

Ross Fitzgeralds steel blue know a sponsor. That should have been Peter Ware as you have pointed out above Vilage Kid. Did you ever wear the White and Black Village Kid? . Just a hunch when you said you were at premiereship reunion

No Spink not a League player, I was just at the club that day they were celebrating their Premiership reunion, some players spoke at the Presidents luncheon.

edited August 2019

Think Craig Holden was at North Melbourne in about 81 or 82 and Kevin Caton on his day superb player. He had VFL ( AFL now ) potential and had the x factor especially for that time.

What a surprise packet Leon Baker was when grabbed by Essendon, he exceeded expectations.

Leon Baker was an absolute superstar at SD Riders after coming up from South Bunbury in 1981, having seen every game he played for SD I was not surprised he had such an impact in the VFL, he was beautifully skilled on both sides of the body, he could swivel the hips to get out of on coming tacklers (hence the term commonly used back then- Shaker Baker) he was also dominate in State Of Origin games for WA as well.

I may be mistaken but didn't G.Neesham also line up in the black and white around the same time as Barry Kimberley etc