Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Good find Tony.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    On a somber note I found out yesterday of the passing of former Goldfields Gallops and Harness Trainer Ray Saw.  Ray trained 3 Hannans Handicaps in a row with Lornas Nuisance and also held a harness license for a number of years training some good quality horses such as Lock and Load.  Rays young bloke Matt is still training.  RIP Ray.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Lornas loved the Hannans with Bluey Lambie on board....not only 3 wins in a row but a 2nd and a 3rd following his 3 wins, from 5 tries. We won't ever see that again.

savethegame, VillageKid, curmudgeon, jum likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts

On a somber note I found out yesterday of the passing of former Goldfields Gallops and Harness Trainer Ray Saw.  Ray trained 3 Hannans Handicaps in a row with Lornas Nuisance and also held a harness license for a number of years training some good quality horses such as Lock and Load.  Rays young bloke Matt is still training.  RIP Ray.

True gentleman ….who adapted to either code with no-fanfare very goodhorseman. will check think lornas nuisance started in five consective  hannans hcp.. 3wins second, third either the second or third it bombed the start was 2-3 lgths last early, flew home  very unlucky not to have won four, also won boulder cup with another nuisance, also involved,with bert Harrison dual perth cup winner in Fait Accompli.....Ray was very accomplished show rider' jumping etc..condolences to Jan--Matt--Renae 
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I concur STG...it was a pleasure to count Ray Saw as an associate and friend. Plenty of good times with him as mine host at the Piccadilly in Kalgoorlie talking horses and solving the worlds problems.
    Excellent all round horseman who had an unflappable nature around the animals. Never pumped up his own tyres but achieved plenty of fine results across the equine spheres....even counted Melbourne cup winning jockey John Marshall as being apprenticed to him at one stage..
    Vale Ray.....you will be missed.
    Im Better Than Gouda $41 to $4.40 with Bet $3.65.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Took a set against Robert the bruce, thought he was way unders at 1.60 with im batman  to find the top.backed batman…. small e/way castrophic event,,,no blinking franco joaquin in first four.

Chasing a nosebleed in the last taking tickets without kingslayer in first four.....Being by Christian Cullen he can throw some hot ones,draw in one only being in w.a for 3 odd weeks, last start two months ago in mobile ,hoping he dances the night away.
    See stewards have adj an inquiry into the drive of Shannons in the first on Tuesday night. Watching it live I didn't think much of it until I watched it again. Seems a case similar to M Reed a few months back where they weren't travelling at the time until you switch back then they grab the bit again.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Watching the replay there should have been a few more in there with him. Some very strange drives in that one.
    While I'm on the subject why do the stewards need to review the betting moves. It's either a bad drive or it's not. I think they already know the answer before they review it, if the drivers are going to play that game, please the likes of Shannon have been around long enough to disguise that.
    It's just an easy way out for the stewards imo.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    If they were fair dinkum they would do what they do in the east.

Get the drivers in question to hand over there phone at the inquiry 

Look into who they rang and sms the days before the race and see if any of them have had a bet on the race
    Why do they take so long to finish an adj inquiry. There is still no answer I see on Cub Reeds drive on Golden State on Slipper night, that was almost a month ago.
    Maybe they want it swept under the carpet. NOTHING TO SEE HERE>

Offthebit likes this post.

• MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    Just watched replays from last friday. 
    Great to see El Jacko and She could be Good given every chance and right reign was used. Punters at least got a run for their money.

Just watched replays from last friday. 

Great to see El Jacko and She could be Good given every chance and right reign was used. Punters at least got a run for their money.
    BWAAHAHA
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Colin Brown vs Hall jnr in the 4th race at Pinjarra today. Both butcher drives.
    Race 4 Bunbury Saturday night same driver different day, just murdered two favourites, funnily enough both short races both won by 100 to 1 pops.
    Might be missing something here.
    WOW
    When both race caller and sky presenter comment on driving tactics for the day we have a problem.
    Appears to be out of control between certain stables which is a result of a lack of action by the stewards over past 12 months.

Not sure what ACL was thinking though
    He ran 3rd very unusual run never seen that before.
    Good to see a real driver at work S Suvlajko imagine if he had the same opportunities as that other clown in the blue and gold. Would lose him every day of the week.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    R6 at Pinjarra tonight worth having a look,thought De Campo was close to reaching out and punching the dumb kid on the fence,but I guess he was just setting up for the favoured stable mate,not a good look,deserved a cuffing .

The commentator had to quickly call for the muffler!!!
    I'm sure the stewards "spoke to trainers with multiple runners in the race" beforehand as per their stewards reports so should all be good.
    If you read their reports in particular last Friday they contradict their own reports, guilty parties keys, bond oliveiri.
    If they spoke to them prior surely they know the result/tactics.
    There have been other instances of this but I haven't bothered to post.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Twighlight Saga has shown repeatedly that it is a sit kick horse. Regardless of what they said their tactics were going to be prior to the race to drive the horse like that is just plain wrong. So they win the race yet drive more punters away from the product. Be racing for ribbons before we know it.

Come on punters come and bet on the trots ????

Good luck asking for a larger share of what you don't generate.

VillageKid likes this post.

Yes, I thought that as well, it has certainly won from the sit...but it has also lead and won....22/7 Fr  4 at Pinjarra, 7/5 Fr 4  at Gloucester Park and lead from Fr 1 in a stand at 27/4 at Narrogin and ran 2nd.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    JayJay said:

Yes, I thought that as well, it has certainly won from the sit...but it has also lead and won....22/7 Fr  4 at Pinjarra, 7/5 Fr 4  at Gloucester Park and lead from Fr 1 in a stand at 27/4 at Narrogin and ran 2nd.

Yep have to cop that one but certainly hasn't done it under that pressure, has tended to get beaten like that, likes it on its terms.

It just had Toretto written all over it.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Didn’t think jnr and C.brown are mates, could have something to do with him persisting with the stupid pressure

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    As for the mile race
    It made for interesting viewing, I enjoyed it more than that marathon borefest on Friday niggt
    56.2 first half, 58.1 second half.
    Must have been something in the water at Pinjarra yesterday with C Brown, G Hall , C Lewis, B McDonough, N Turvey and P Duggan all showing abnormal aggression and setting up races for the swoopers.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Must have been something in the water at Pinjarra yesterday with C Brown, G Hall , C Lewis, B McDonough, N Turvey and P Duggan all showing abnormal aggression and setting up races for the swoopers.

Bit harsh on Phil @Chariots...if Nathan lets him roll to the top on his noted front runner then he would have got the perfect cart up to the lane in all likelihood. He did lead last start and just got collared in 55 n change did he not ? 
    Should be more of it.....it is racing after all....not roboting. A bit of bluff and bluster livens things up out there and gives the patrons something to watch and talk about ...just what the industry needs...some left field aggression.....I repeat the words of Bryce Stevens uttered mid race in Kalgoorlie ...."we are out here to race boy...heeeeyaah"
    :D

VillageKid, savethegame, Toepuntit likes this post.