0 Members & 4 Non Members

Ashes 2019

Sport

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    At least Bancroft faced (and took shine / energy off) a heap of balls

squid69 likes this post.

• actionaction    59 posts
    Broad has got Warner's number atm. At this rate of current unproductivity from our lefties, we'll be searching the cupboard of batsman to fill the order with right handers for the final test!
  • Steve Smith is so soft hey Kramer :-@ 8-}

RIO, cisco, jum, oldhendo, spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Steve Smith is so soft hey Kramer :-@ 8-}

Wish a few more could match his softeness!!!

Nevershowsurprise, cisco, jum, spinking likes this post.

• RIO said:

Wish a few more could match his softeness!!!
    Haha no shite Rio

RIO, cisco, jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    How’s smithy managing the short stuff =))

jum, cisco likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Post of the Year
    <:-P

cisco, oldhendo likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Fair play to Smith-but he was bailed out by a no-ball which is **** but that's another topic altogether. Was watching the score but didn't see the actual game so can't comment on the short stuff. I certainly wouldn't be deleting the chin music from the Poms' iphone playlist tho.

Absolutely. He's a sook-plenty of evidence to back that up. Regardless of how great he is , scoring a bunch of runs isn't 'tough'. Best since Bradman? Debatable. Ponting's record is pretty formidable-if you care to look.

Fair play to Smith-but he was bailed out by a no-ball which is **** but that's another topic altogether. Was watching the score but didn't see the actual game so can't comment on the short stuff. I certainly wouldn't be deleting the chin music from the Poms' iphone playlist tho.

:-??
    bailed out on by no ball... please, he was 118 when that happened. 

cisco, Markovina likes this post.

Also not bailed out because you can't be out off a no ball.
    Hence it's NOT OUT, by any definition.

I could get Steve Smith out if I bowled the ball from close enough to him.
    So you got a draw a line somewhere, which is exactly what they do..........
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    @Tivers

You CAN get run out off a no ball

(Tongue firmly in cheek)
    Well, not off the delivery.
    That's off the fielding that followed................. :)
  • MoonrakerMoonraker    99 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

@Tivers

You CAN get run out off a no ball

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

you cant get stumped off a no ball....but to continue the drawing a line theme....when does a stumping become a run out?
    Bugger me.
    That's a bl0ody good question !
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited September 2019
    Cricket Law 39.1 "Out Stumped"

The striker is out Stumped, if a ball which is delivered is not called a No ball and he/she is out of his/her ground, and he/she has NOT attempted a run when his/her wicket is fairly put down by the wicket-keeper without the intervention of another fielder.

If he/she has been deemed to have attempted a run, then it can be given out under Cricket Law 38.1 "Out Run Out", which could happen off a No ball.
    TheDiva said:

He played a false shot and was bailed out-without the video review he was a goner. The irony, huh? Calling batsmen back to check this sort of thing is nit picking and a topic for another day, as I mentioned in my previous post. Leach gained no advantage by overstepping the mark. 118 is a helluva score but 211 is other wordly and goes a long way to putting the game out of England's reach. If he'd been dropped on 118 off a legal delivery, you'd be saying whoever grassed it had dropped the Ashes.
    So how close to the batsman are the bowlers allowed to deliver the ball before it’s not nit picking ?

TheDiva likes this post.

• TheDiva said:

He played a false shot and was bailed out-without the video review he was a goner. The irony, huh? Calling batsmen back to check this sort of thing is nit picking and a topic for another day, as I mentioned in my previous post. Leach gained no advantage by overstepping the mark. 118 is a helluva score but 211 is other wordly and goes a long way to putting the game out of England's reach. If he'd been dropped on 118 off a legal delivery, you'd be saying whoever grassed it had dropped the Ashes.
    Got dropped on 60 by Archer....Irony huh?

Good luck with the short stuff though.

Score book says 211... end of story

cisco, jum, oldhendo, paraletic likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2019
    Just on the no ball in general. Ok it's an illegal delivery if some of the foot is not behind the line and that's fair enough.

Then can't see why a bowler is unlucky because if you were to take his foot back and that ball is let go an inch or further back then wouldn't the trajectory and landing of the ball be different ?

Would that ball have floated and landed exactly the same way if bowled with some part of the foot behind that line ? I'd think not.

Sometimes the commentators say that a fraction over should be ok...nope don't agree with that either.

A no ball is an ''illegal" delivery...end of story, can't really see the fuss about it, or that it is so unlucky.

cisco likes this post.

What I’ve been saying

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    If the selectors choose Warner again for the 5th test then they have lost their mind.

RIO likes this post.

edited September 2019
    Can't take a trick, been the complete opposite - Warner/Bancroft compared to Smith. One gone from strength to strength and the other two caught in a jam.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Looks like S. Smith now has a Mini me
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Those 2 openers cant even take the shine off the ball...

rooboy likes this post.

Bancroft did that at least

jum, squid69 likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    And just to clarify. Warner was saying that he isn't Broads Bunny!?!?!?!?! hahaha
    edited September 2019
    Australia now batting to save the game...no not really still in box seat and should take this test match out.

No heroics for England this time :-S

In an era where test match wickets are going to be prepared more and more for bowlers to achieve results and action - look for increasing top order batsmen to find the going tough.

Especially those one day or 20/20 types. They go from batsman paradise's to balls swinging Irish!
    Kramer will be happy, smith finally failed 8-}

oldhendo likes this post.