G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Bringing up Mainwaring was pretty ordinary Skids.

Sam Murray also ring a bell, along with Stephenson's antics. All in 2019

spinking likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    :D
    png
    png
    willy.png
    1M

RIO, spinking likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I feel for how he must be feeling at the moment. Unfortunatly if there has been no mix up by assada and he has rorted the testing those feelings for how he feels at the moment must be temperd with the fact that he has knowingly tried to cheat the testing system.We cant have a two way street in cases like this , most Australians were behind our swimmer (cant think of his name at the moment) who would not acknowledge the chinese swimmer because he was a drug cheat . To me cheating in any form is still cheating is this any different

jum, RIO likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Sun Yang the swimmer
    Mack Horton the Aussie guy.
    As they were just saying on the radio - there was no sympathy for sun Yang around these parts...... In saying that - all care and concern for the welfare of those involved is called for.
    (To be harsh - that probably wasn't required in Sun Yang's case as he is permitted to play on, which is the point of Horton's protests).
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Supporters of all Clubs should keep their powder dry on drug testing issues as one pill can bite them in the rear end.

An interesting exercise would be to start testing lawyers as I am sure that AFL results would pale into insignificance .
    unless he already had two strikes to his name . Wouldn't he have been better off just copping the strike against his name than trying to fu.. around with the sample?

H-BOMBER, RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    It sounds as if there are both parties at fault. If the collection is done to the letter, then there is no way a substitute sample can be given. So there's issues with the collection procedure. Aside from that, he panicked and just doesn't realize how the system works. It's far better to test positive to something and get a strike with no ban. Tampering with the sample is one of the highest penalty acts and the players should know this. I reckon he'll be made an example however I think the testing body might be exposed to serious breaches in testing procedure

jum, spinking likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Mark Robinson actually hit the nail on the head last night bomber. If ASADA followed there process's correctly. HOW COULD IT NOT BE URINE.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    spinking said:

unless he already had two strikes to his name . Wouldn't he have been better off just copping the strike against his name than trying to fu.. around with the sample?

Strikes are for out of competition non performance enhancing testing. This was a game day test by ASADA so no strike just bang gone.
    As an avid West Coast hater i'm a big wrap for them stuffing up but this is just too odd, as Chariots has said everyone needs to keep their powder dry.

To me it just sounds like Willie was trying to have a bit of a joke and didn't understand the seriousness of the situation.

As much as I don't like the club you have to respect great footballers, the bloke is a pleasure to watch and you don't want good players out of the game from any team.

spinking, RIO likes this post.

• runyonrunyon    569 posts
    spinking said:

ASADA are only interested in performance-enhancing substances. The only time they're are interested in illicit drugs is if they are performance-enhancing and are present in the players system on match day. Reports suggest Willie was tested during the week.

ASADA have nothing to do with the AFL 3-strike policy and don't even do the testing for it. If Willie was only worried about testing positive for illicit drugs then it looks like he may have made a big blue as it's not clear ASADA would have even passed that information on to the AFL. 

spinking likes this post.

Gilga I don't think that is correct  (game day test) didn't they say he was tested two days after the Richmond game

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

To me it just sounds like Willie was trying to have a bit of a joke and didn't understand the seriousness of the situation.

I have to disagree with this, all the players would be made known of the policies and seriousness of ASADA testing.

Seen as we're all speculating things, I think he's using something and has panicked. He's struggled with weight issues in the past and things like Clenbuterol are a banned substance.

Gilgamesh, RIO likes this post.

Jell said:

Gilgamesh said:

I have to disagree with this, all the players would be made known of the policies and seriousness of ASADA testing.

Seen as we're all speculating things, I think he's using something and has panicked. He's struggled with weight issues in the past and things like Clenbuterol are a banned substance.

The crap thing is we will never really know will we? Even after findings are announced how do you believe them?

@spinking I heard game day on the radio this morning but could easily be wrong.

Jell likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

Jell said:

Gilgamesh said:

The crap thing is we will never really know will we? Even after findings are announced how do you believe them?

@spinking I heard game day on the radio this morning but could easily be wrong.
    Very true but even though I love him playing for my team, if he's knowingly tampered then he needs to be punished.

At the same time everyone is right in saying he also needs support around him to help him through. Something like this can easily send someone off the rails.

RIO likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Seems like he has admitted to tampering,other wise the club would be doing a war dance. The club meekly have said they will support him. But the reason is were the grey area comes into play was it a prank or,was he on his last chance...….The three strike policy players no about it. the public no about it, but it becomes a grey area where, the positive player and the club doctor become the only ones,  until the third strike. then the club is informed. So this is for non-- performance enhancing drugs?.....V.K. or anyone? how does this sit at the trade table does the player have to revel  his number of strikes...…..What about the punters your team is going well want to have a bet mid-season for g/f, unbeknown to you 3 of your best players are sitting on there last strike, you might not won't to have a bet if you knew.  Every strike should be made available to the public.so innuendo's don't grow legs. my opinion.
    edited September 2019
    Again with the "three strike policy".
    That only applies to illicit (party) drugs.
    There is no three strikes for performance enhancing drugs. (Although I still maintain "illicit" drugs like amphetimines are performance enhancing......)
  • runyonrunyon    569 posts

So does ASADA.

If you're caught with amphetamine in your system on match day you could be looking at a 4 year holiday.

runyon said:

So does ASADA.

If you're caught with amphetamine in your system on match day you could be looking at a 4 year holiday.

Correct. I haven't researched this so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm confident they even classify Pseudoephedrine as a banned substance, above a certain level.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Certainly is Jell

A good mate of mine who is a triple WAFL premiership player said come finals. Certain cold and flu tablets were eaten like lollies and handed out in cup fulls.

:-j
    I was aiming more so at the WC supporters who reckoned cousins (and others) weren’t cheating because it was only “party drugs”.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Well that frees up my next fortnight......

Geelong played very strong tonight, and the Weagles as with the whole season, just couldn't keep going for 4 quarters.

I reckon that performance was an accurate reflection of their home season....Close but just couldn't dominate the games for long enough.

If we get that bigger bodied midfielder in the team next year, we may go forward. Not many outside that team taht will make  big difference to what they can offer

Jell, detonator, spinking likes this post.

edited September 2019
    Yep agree Rio. Tonight’s performance was classic Eagles this year, just can’t play a consistent 4 quarters. We seem to make a lot of mistakes. Tim Kelly is that big bodied midfielder you speak of but whether or not we get him is another thing. McGovern and Barass also didn’t have the same impact this year. A few things to address but I think next year we will get another go at the big dance.

Richmond look a lock for the GF and I hope Brisbane can get there for a chance at pulling off one of the biggest form reversals in history.

RIO, detonator, spinking likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Tend to agree Rio. They had their chance to finish in the top 4. Lack a little class but that's hard to come by nowadays. Be interesting to see if GWS can reproduce last weeks effort tomorrow. Richmond looking good for mine but I'm a poor judge.

RIO, detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    that geelong victory made my night!!
    that dreadlocked moron played a shocker..he's on the best lurk of the century...how many trips to germany and the states to "fix" his dicky knee....plus hobnob with those 10th grade "celebs" in the USA.
    make ya puke...

detonator, VillageKid dislikes this post.

• ManchildManchild    682 posts
    That has to be Mastens last game , I dont think he will want to see a replay of the 1st quarter

detonator, TheSwooper, RIO likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Proud of the way the boys fought back from 32 points down to hit the front at 3 qtr time.
    But agree with you guys that we can't put 4 qtrs together.
    Hope Tigers beat Geelong for no other reason than I can't stand Chris Scott.
    Hawkins will get a week.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Proud of the way the boys fought back from 32 points down to hit the front at 3 qtr time.
    But agree with you guys that we can't put 4 qtrs together.
    Hope Tigers beat Geelong for no other reason than I can't stand Chris Scott.
    Hawkins will get a week.

With what happened to Toby Greene, i have a feeling that he will get a hefty fine. I also felt that he was probably lucky that in the last 5 minutes Schofield didn't do a Lynch job on him, with the prospect of it being his last game.

Vardy, Long, Cameron, Oscar, Duggan, Venables, Rotham, Watson and Smith, can all fill roles next year...But wont improve the team as required. The rest still need to develop.

Masten, Sheed, Schofield and even Kennedy could all be replaced within that group tomorrow. A small clean out of great servants and a few new experienced faces to the squard and will be at lest this good again next year...

IN My Opinion of course
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    thefalcon said:

that geelong victory made my night!!
    that dreadlocked moron played a shocker..he's on the best lurk of the century...how many trips to germany and the states to "fix" his dicky knee....plus hobnob with those 10th grade "celebs" in the USA.
    make ya puke...
    Wow....not sure what game you were watching (I am tipping it was at the bottom of a stubbie) but NN was one of WCE best!

detonator likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    They have never been lenient on Hawkins in the past. Silly boy and probably deserves a week as he hasn't learnt from his previous misdemeanors.

This from his old man when he copped a week for the jumper punch in 17.

""No one sees what happens to players like Tom when the ball's 100 metres
    away. It's just when he's been pulled in two directions, not by the
    sleeve but by the jumper. What more could he do?"