0 Members & 14 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    AFL Grand Final bull.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    The_Bull said:

Can someone please enlighten someone who has no idea about trots. Why are GP and Bunbury both programmed for tonight and then nothing tomorrow?

I think it is done to give the lesser lights a chance to earn some money, eg a guy like Trent Wheeler (who is a very solid driver) gets a big book of drives when he may have only got a couple if the meeting was tomorrow.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Maczaffair and bechers brook sold to America,how many would have gone in the last few months?
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Jeez Grantham didn’t try real hard to win that on the storm chief
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    School holidays and a long weekend and people heading south,,
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    The_Bull said:

Can someone please enlighten someone who has no idea about trots. Why are GP and Bunbury both programmed for tonight and then nothing tomorrow?

Historically the meetings on Grand Final day have struggled for horses and turnover.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Checked kella results the high priced kiwis easy pay day,  4 winners under a 1.20 and every right----.But the trusty old stand helps with 20/1 winner.------The like for like racing,can't be trotted out on days like this.----even 2,500 to the winner is very attractive. to well managed team.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Stand at pinjarra today could be good all ways
    Don't like the favourite and second favourite off 40 mtrs first up from break over 2600
    Throw in gangabuster oneonthewood estocada all over 20s and the novelties could have a field day.
    I've gone oneonthewood 3rd run back ew but somehow think I should have gone first four.
    Just watched the Pinjarra replays, great meeting, enjoyable racing, nice to see some fields with numbers in them!

Mighty Conquerer an auspicious return.

Hope all from the fall are ok and the club had a good turn out.
  • I see Deb Lewis returned a positive with Louis Alberto. Be interesting to see if they go back through the other samples taken and retest

Royboy, Betonme likes this post.

I see Deb Lewis returned a positive with Louis Alberto. Be interesting to see if they go back through the other samples taken and retest

Plenty of positives of late around the traps
    Cobalt, bi carb.... all sorts, trainers dropping like flies in WA,
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    https://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=41559
    Trading ring on harness.org to end in 30 days

https://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=41559
    Trading ring on harness.org to end in 30 days

So where would one look to move a horse on now?
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    Free advertising on FB or other paid ad sites I guess
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    If anyone EVER sees me filling in a ticket for an investment at Albion Park, quietly call the authorities and have me marched off in a tight white jacket. Fair dinkum.

Also well done to the muppet who scheduled a dog race at Cannington and a trot race at Bunbury to jump at the same time (7.50 pm). Fortunately, common sense prevailed at Bunbury and they held until the dogs finished. Again, fair dinkum.

VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Nice $12 winner for PTT's Cisco at Timaru today with Alta Endeavour....has it's share of ability. And Robert The Bruce ran 3rd at Yarra Valley for him last week as well. Good work.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Robert The Bruce was a great run last week, could be tempting for someone to claim
    Yeah, was decent Gil but he refused to score up, is now ODM and I think he is a genuine pegs horse, it was a terrible field, they only went about a 2 minute rate....had a Murphy blind and a nearside pole which he appeared to resent a fair bit, don't think he had them on in WA.....he will win claimers for sure but heart in your mouth a bit.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Definitely weaker class over here in the claimers Boys. He was on his mark in WA so just hoping he is more competitive and can pick up a few races. Would be sad to see him claimed but that is the nature of the business.

curmudgeon, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Which is exactly why I am mystified by the non existence of claimers in WA. There are several fields of ex WA horses that have shifted states after the HWOE has deemed them "on their mark" and given the current state of small fields and 7 race programmes, it would appear to be a no brainer. But what do we know?
    JayJay said:

Which is exactly why I am mystified by the non existence of claimers in WA. There are several fields of ex WA horses that have shifted states after the HWOE has deemed them "on their mark" and given the current state of small fields and 7 race programmes, it would appear to be a no brainer. But what do we know?

The local industry has nothing to lose by bringing in a king of the claimers series in, would keep some of the older horses struggling with the system racing and earning, draws done on claiming price both stands and mobile
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2019
    Albion Park - it's good to watch though - the McMullens plus the Dixon factor. It's either a speed burn or a walk in the park, just depends on who's driving who.
    edited October 2019
    Quite interesting reading all the news articles on Queensland pacing scandals, Barton Cockburn ( very good driver, know why now! ) pleaded guilty to race fixing and was rubbed out, but Leonard Cain and Dayl March went to court and the magistrate threw all charges out the window citing a lack of evidence leaving Queensland officials red faced.

If Cockburn had have done the same, he'd have been left off the hook too. Some of the official inquiries with disqualifications, appeals, lawyers etc it's a circus.

The Dixon's think got rubbed out, but then that seemed to be thrown out as well.

One article from several years ago at Marburg trots - a reinsman bit part of one of the officials ear off. Had some words, went for him, and after a scuffle the other fella got up and had half his ear missing!

What a mixed up place it is. The official stewards inquiry report on that one is a beauty.
    edited October 2019
    Shannon Suvaljko driving Bejewelled plenty of $61 available, jokingly mentioned to a fellow up at tab land, barrier 5 beautiful, he'll have that behind the leader in a blink, will back it a place.

Within half a blink there he was, i mean seriously, a nice 41k first four divvy for the lucky ones. One - Ten punters on fire the first two races.

First two races 8k first four and part carryover component, second race a cool 41k, Suvaljko involved in both and Woodley figuring too. 1,10 part of the numbers.

VillageKid likes this post.

Bejewelled was $81 SP. Two Suvaljko's involved in the 41k dividend. Can't beat 'em.

cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Backed him Monday at fixed 34 came in backed him tonight @ 81 fixed came in. Somehow don’t think I’ll ever repeat that performance. In the middle got Camilla @ 11s.
    Can’t beat good drivers who have done their time in the backblocks
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Backed him Monday at fixed 34 came in backed him tonight @ 81 fixed came in. Somehow don’t think I’ll ever repeat that performance. In the middle got Camilla @ 11s.
    Can’t beat good drivers who have done their time in the backblocks

Shannon is one of the few "senior" drivers that does the form of every horse in a race ......doesn't matter where he is driving ...he knows the nuances of every competitor. Most wouldn't know where Wyalkatchem and Trayning tracks were or are now...for the Suvaljkos it was like going to church to head off to those venues..
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Great drive Shannon but secured that position when Emily did not want to sit on the leader. No substitute for experience.
    edited October 2019
    Yep did notice that Chariots, good run again Triple Brie too.
    Also did take note of a later race in the evening....not trainers this time but...
    Barrier 4 - Shannon Suvajlko
    Barrier 5 - Callan Suvaljko
    Barrier 6 - Emily Suvaljko
    Hope JJ looking into that one.

Actually at the dish lickers it use to happen all the time and mean all the time ( kennel-mates drawn alongside ) but then somebody explained the mathematical odds and it wasn't that big of the chance of it happening, or not as great as I thought, especially in a field of eight, can't remember how he calculated it, not too good on formulas, just dividends!
    edited October 2019
    That's true too Curmudgeon...33/1, 50/1, 100/1 chances Suvaljko would be driving and I'd throw in for third and fourth at a place like Kellerberin or Collie, he'd always give them every hope, sometimes the buggers at cricket score odds would run top 2.

One horse he drove in recent times at Kellerberrin, kid you not - Bet365 had it 200/1 haha went to the pegs and drove a treat to run about 5th.

Can't wait for Bussleton already, hopefully the three of them should be there.