G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

Surprise Baby

The Blackbook
H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
I'm Surprised it hasn't been mentioned more.

Freak of a horse who off an Adelaide Cup win went down a bees over 2600m and an 8 week layoff and to be honest should have won if didn't get hampered on the bend with a fall in the race

Is favorite at 2.60 for the Andrew Ramsden tomorrow over 2800m and I think it should be 1.30.

Will win this well and qualify for the Cup.

Then it will win the 2019 Melbourne Cup.

Was $51 a few weeks ago and now $20 with Tabtouch.

Happy to be potted but I think it's a freak.

Comments

• OhsomodestOhsomodest    67 posts
    Looks very promising. Tough run and was still coming. Hopefully his performances are legit because the trainer has form.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Would have been nice if it was even a dead heat, i actually thought he got there. 

Pretty confident he'll be there in November though. 
    Should gain entry to the Cup with a win in the Bart Cummings tomorrow. Hoping it does with some long range plays in action. Was monterous first up in the Feehan, straight to 2500m second up.

Keeen

jum likes this post.

Freak I tell you. Wins the Cup.
    Now $9 @-)
    Runs 0.5L 5th rattling home from last on the corner. Next year might be his go
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    big run off a moderate tempo... the first three across the line were all on pace... the fourth horse came from a mile back but saved ground through the field (eventually the second horse). 
    edited September 2020
    It's been a long wait Baby

He is back.

Looks to be tackling a similar prep to last year. Starts first up off 10 months in the Feehan, where he monstered the line last year...has opened 3.20. Bookies aren't taking any chances. Certainly has the class to win first up
    Last year went second up in the Bart Cummings over 2500, but had to win to gain entry, so they may not go down that path this year. Hard to see why they wouldn't replicate last year's prep, however might be given a massive weight in the Bart. Would a cox plate off 7 weeks be out of the question? Or would a Caulfield Cup be on the radar this year?

Is $10 favorite for the Cup. He'll be shorter than that on the day..
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Paul Preusker was quoted as saying he would be happy going into the Cup first up he is that fit maybe a bit of tongue in cheek there idk but the plan is Feehan Cox Plate then Cup and no way of being penalised, this was the pathway highlighted on After The Last.
    I really like him too H and he will get a decent winnable weight however...two words jumped out at me recently Verry Elleegant and they spell huge danger..not a confirmed starter but she is X factor plus.

Weights out on the 8th Sept. i think, i'm excited!!!

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard that. Lack of internationals will help as well. I'll be on all the way through I think

Re: Verry Elleegent, I think she is a prime Caulfield Cup horse

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I'll definitely be backing the baby..and VE too if she starts(allocated weight will be the key for her Waller has said)but they also could go the C.P route too(and miss a possible penalty)so i'm wary of a futures bet on her for the CC.
    I actually reckon she could win the CP and the Cup she is that good :-O

As of right now they have it between them i'd be pretty confident one of the two wins.