G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
R1: No5 Clarenden Hustler. $6 available with 365, I thought he was a 50/50 chance to cross, if he crosses I think he wins so the $6 is tremendous value. He has the best gate speed but the possibility of a concertina of the horses drawn under him might keep him out. The 1 horse loves this distance but 1 I think is a horror for it, needs to get off early.

R2: No1 Mighty Flying Deal. I think he leads and wins but I will likely be having something on Overboard Again first up, he has raced ok against far better opposition than this but will need some luck in running.

R3: No2 Sergeant Oats. EW price on Sportsbet, that appeals to me with this guy sitting nice and close and able to get over them even if Our Perkins gets a soft lead should Franco Joaquin not take him on early. Absolution is not the worst 100/1 pop.

R4: No2 Our Alfie Romeo. Early in the week this was looking a really nice bet at around the 4/5 mark but the scratchings have made it a watch only and maybe cheer on the one behind her to boost the early quaddie.

R5: No11 The Bucket List. Initially I was really keen on Speed Man, going back through the form though and seeing Motu Premier sit outside him and beat him, albeit over 2500m I thought he was vulnerable. Motu is likely to hold the breeze, The Bucket List 1,1 throughout, loved the last runm double figure odds will do me. Fly in the ointment could be Our Corelli going forward early but still happy enough 1,2.

R6: No6 Bill Hayley. Eastern states form looks good for this.

R7: No2 Hot Fraternity. Looks the best of the night for me, leads and wins. $3.50 with 365.

R8: No12 Mighty Conqueror. Off his first up run he picks himself, back to GP is the only query. If i'm having a good night a few dollars heavily place biased on Gangbuster hoping it leads for the master ACL might be the go.

R9: No2 Athabascan. Not going to tip against a $1.20 pop but I've always liked Four Needed, at 100/1 3 bacvk the pegs I'm happy to back him again heavily place biased.

R10: No7 Highroller Joe. Hates the winning post this guy but I thought driven ice cold early he can sprint over them.

Good luck all.
+1 -1

JayJay, curmudgeon, VillageKid, Chris likes this post.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Great work Gil.
    Does anyone know when or if the Stratton Cup will still be run after last weeks cancellation?
    Race 1- Clarenden Hustler
    Race 2- Sweet n Fast
    Race 3- Sergeant Oats
    Race 4- Our Alfie Romeo
    Race 5- Our Corelli
    Race 6- Bill Haley
    Race 7- Hy Leexciting
    Race 8- Mighty Conqueror
    Race 9- Athabascan
    Race 10- Highroller Joe
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts

Great work Gil.

Does anyone know when or if the Stratton Cup will still be run after last weeks cancellation?
    Rescheduled for Friday 8th November as a new race.

VillageKid likes this post.

Cheers Chariots.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Good thing this NBM is stopping favourites winning.

Kane_26, TrackBias, Glen likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2019
    Good run Starlight Brigade, got burnt abit early, thought that's the end of him, but fought on really well.

Voaky and Justin Warwick tussle early in the other race, they weren't far off both galloping, controlling about 95% of the market, involved in a joust.
    But still thought Space Junk was dissapointing, and Mighty Conquer a good thing beaten. The ground lost and working hard was costly.

There was a horse driven to go three back the pegs from gate 12 and possibly be a place chance...he hit the line hard and a win could come soon - Our Jimmy Johnston.

First four dividend with the two hot fave's numbers 1,2 and Argyle Red soft run drawn ten, and Out JJ paid over $700, which seemed a good divvy.
    Two other really good runs, follow these two - Major Spoilt and Jack William, both worked in the run and fought on hard.

The rejuvenated Attack On Command come back in fine style.

Need to see replay but once again would be very wary ever backing Highroller Joe. Seemed to be in a good spot.

The other amazingly good dividend was the trifecta with Gilga's best bet Hot Fraternity winning and the other fancy Hylee Exciting running third - split by Mad Robber ( not the worst ) , two faves and the Robber - Tri around $450. You'd be wrapt with that!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Bloody tough night if you were in the back half of the field in any of the races.

The stand wins out for pure entertainment.

Bless Hot Fraternity, price really held up. The form on Thurs hurt me jumping off Speed an.
    And of course the other horse well backed in Hot Fraternity's race and think started fave from barrier 8 was Warfare, my goodness, never ever going to run a place in the run, let alone win.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Pole line was a skating rink last night, rock hard (pre rolled due to weather concerns or a reaction to last week's lost meeting...who knows?) but when restricted class go 1.52.6 in the first, you knew straight away that the front line horse that got to the markers first was home and hosed and the rest were in huge trouble regardless of form or ability. It was in that respect a most uncompetitive night and the mares FFA with a 64 plus middle half and a 2.01 mile rate was just trackwork. The repetitive stuffing around at the start of the standing start race, with more circling than the Indians around the wagons, whilst mildly amusing for some, ruined the chances of others.

VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Congrats to Pommy Mick who has been doing it pretty tough of late with the win of Destined To Rule in the stand last night I am sure it lifted his spirits immensely seeing DTR get the chocolates on a Friday night at GP.

JayJay, Constantlybroke, cisco likes this post.

edited October 2019
    Jnr has got the good knack previous 7 or 8 years of getting them up at odds, always the sign of a top driver, Chris Lewis, SS the same. They don't only win driving fave's that's for sure.

Can't make up the mind on Voaky...he won't die wondering, if it all comes off he's the best, when it doesn't ~X( but it's about taking a risk, not such a bad thing.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    What's he done this time
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Reep what you sew RWWA. Keep letting recidivists back.