G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 21 Non Members

Pinjarra 4YO Classic

Harness & Greyhounds
Just scanned through Pinjarra fields tomorrow.
Can someone please explain how Elleker Hanover and Pallatino gained a start ahead of Theo Aviator.
Is there some obscure condition I am not seeing.
No disrespect to the owners and trainers of the above mentioned horses but in class and record they have absolutely nothing on Theo Aviator.
I hope I am missing something.

Comments

• getthechangegetthechange    310 posts

Just scanned through Pinjarra fields tomorrow.
    Can someone please explain how Elleker Hanover and Pallatino gained a start ahead of Theo Aviator.
    Is there some obscure condition I am not seeing.
    No disrespect to the owners and trainers of the above mentioned horses but in class and record they have absolutely nothing on Theo Aviator.
    I hope I am missing something.

looks like he was a late nom
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Cheers thanks for that gtc.
    Either way great to see such a good field of horses supporting country racing.
    Should be a great race looking might even venture down to have a look.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    That was definitely the case.

Would have been a starter ahead of nearly half the field.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Very good race, portent of whats to come in the (McInerney?) Classic and the Nugget, Ana Afreet won't have seen fixed $18 nexts to its name probably ever?
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Gee what a cracking race how was the gate speed of PatrickThePiranha and nearly pinched it thereafter but full credit to the winner WildWest who is a very smart conveyance.
    Cant wait for the McInerney & Golden Nugget upcoming with this bunch of smart 4yos.

JayJay, savethegame likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    What a pearler----  Wildwest in the last hop. no system helps against those type of horses, his still not 100% Tractable as yet, 26.7 last quarter. Reminds me of  tabaret who always seem to go better at pinjarra, carried his head  exactly the same.way, Prior to his sale had run second in a golden nugget, to beefy T.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited November 2019
    Good field, good race, RBD as it should be for a classic and it helped that Wildwest drew where he did.....lets hope those horses are still racing in WA next summer carnival, Looking at last years classic (field of 8), injury has befallen Jack Mac, I think Bechers Brook, Bright Diamond and Our Corelli are in the USA, don't know where Golden State is at, or Shadow Maker, Sweet N Fast raced last Friday, The Great Dane yet to resume?? Whatever system we operate under has to be able to sustain retention of our better horses so the diminishing fan base has something to connect to.
    If Wildwest was a galloper with an undefeated record of 7 out of 7, the Media would be all over it.....and once upon a time, way back in the dim past, The West Australian would be claiming the horse as it's own, with daily updates about it's well being along with just a hint that it was named after the then erstwhile publication.
    Great meeting all round.
    PTP great run in 4yo race appeared to lose it half way down the straight.
    Couple of others from today, how good was GJK what a run and finished running away from them.
    The other one Leap Of Faith great run first up didn't beat much but won like a very smart horse.
    Good luck to Luke Edwards hope she can put his name up in lights as an up and coming trainer.
    PS I will be on GJK in 4 yo races subject to barriers still a bit stunned with today's run.
    He just keeps getting better and just appears to have something about him.
    PTP dropped a knee boot in the straight and went a little rough.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

PS I will be on GJK in 4 yo races subject to barriers still a bit stunned with today's run.

Improved a fair bit since the change of camp, showed a stack of ability earlier and is now really starting to put it together

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

I suspect more than just putting it together.
    My opinion only time will tell.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    JayJay said:

PTP dropped a knee boot in the straight and went a little rough.

Thought he might have hurt himself so good to her that. Think that loss of momentum may have cost him the race.

PackedMetalPanda, VillageKid likes this post.

Yes, watched the replay a few times, something not quite right after he bobbled. I really hope all is okay because he ran his heart out to try and hold on. Definitely cost him the win. Super little horse.
  • Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    Toepuntit said:

PS I will be on GJK in 4 yo races subject to

barriers still a bit stunned with today's run.

Improved a fair bit since the change of camp, showed a stack of ability earlier and is now really starting to put it together

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Toepuntit said:

And change of driver
    Was going pretty good before the stable change too..
    Browny123 said:

Was going pretty good before the stable change too..

I tend to agree with this, hasn't done anything more than it had previously

Won his last three under previous trainer so don't disagree either.
    My point is the horse going from 3yo to 4yo appears to have matured and improved further when sometimes they don't.
    Based on that run I just see him as a major threat to the 4yo and open class cups over the summer.
    History shows the best horses produced out of this state were not always the best young ones.
    Time will tell.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

My query with him regarding the features is that lack of gate speed, the winner himself to me also looks to lack it. Big issue as we all know around GP. Good to have these question marks going on to the summer. 
    Went back and looked at last 10 starts.its run in the westbred final was off the scale...55 mile rate 55 and change home off the track ..very smart horse but to say it has improved this preparation is a stretch.

VillageKid likes this post.