Race 5- Major Pocket
Race 6- Just Rockon Bye
Race 7- Robbie Easton
Race 8- Space Junk
Race 9- Taroona Bromac
Race 10- Lord Liam

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    R1: I thought driven ice cold Dreamy Nights could sneak a place at big odds.

R2: Would never have thought this previously but the way Mon Lillies went last week she looked like she would eat up the 2500m. Trent questioned her leading on the preview but I thought she wouldn't have any issue, very happy to be on.

R3: Wont be backing him but thought Bill Hayley was excellent last start, interestingly I went and had a look at what he was for the features straight after that run and there was no double figures available with anyone so he hasn't been missed. Good race.

R4: Love how Carter Michael is going. I think it might open up for him early and he can find a slot and go bang, give sweet and fast a knockout chance as well, think they will go fast here.

R5: Not a race I'll be betting in but I'd love to see Brownie fire Vampiro out. I know basically all of those under him will want to go forward but they aren't super quick, have a crack!

R6: I'm with Trent here, at the prices have to have something on Just Rockon Bye

R7: I've got Bracken Sky black booked and I really think this could be a race for a blowout. Again Ice cold drive, BANG!!!!

R8: She isn't one of mine but out front at odds Twighlight Saga can run a race.

I'll be hitting the hay after that Main plays for me Mon Lilies EW and Bracken Sky 2/4 style bet.

Good luck all

R6:
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    With you on twilight saga given a bit of a freshen up if was pinjarra would be couple of dollars from the barrier.
    Don't like the two favs so am hoping for a boilover have gone 1234 and 7 first four.
    Here's hoping.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Can someone tell me what Ryan Warwick was looking for down the straight in the first looked very strange, horse going past him and he's looking backwards.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2019
    Happy Days for Bill Haley, he came home like a comet alright! At the long odds on expected to win, but couldn't help being impressed.

Was surprised how short Space Junk was last night, a bit dissapointing previous run, off the handicap in an even race, slightly into the red was skinny. Reasonable effort, but I'd be wary in future too. No surprise to see win again, but wouldn't be taking too short a price.

Some good runs in the race - the rejuvenated Maximum Demand going well, no luck whatsoever, held up at a crucial time, as were a few more when Twilight Saga dropped out badly.

Chris Lewis at his vintage best on the winner. Can't believe that bloke is still going. For those that were too young to see him in the late 70's and 80's, picture a dashing clever driver, who had amazing skill and judgement, almost unbeatable in front.

Coming to think of it, not quite as dashing today, but the rest around 40 years later stands up ok. Has to be considered one of WA's greatest sportsmen ever.

VillageKid likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2019
    Can vividly recall when in high school saying to my dad could you please put $5 a place on Carclew ( Lewis ) in the SA Interdomion Final, I don't have the $5 on me but will pay you back out of the winning's, ah yes an old trick that one haha.

Soon seen through though!

However that's junior high school - it's a life time ago - that fella can't still be driving winners.

cisco, VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Can someone tell me what Ryan Warwick was looking for down the straight in the first looked very strange, horse going past him and he's looking backwards.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY RYAN WARWICK WOULD KICK CLEAR AND LET HIS ONLY DANGER OF HIS BACK.

Especially as he was having huge looks over his shoulder before the straight to assess the field.

Offthebit likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    jum said:

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY RYAN WARWICK WOULD KICK CLEAR AND LET HIS ONLY DANGER OF HIS BACK.

Especially as he was having huge looks over his shoulder before the straight to assess the field.

The run was there before Ryan tried to kick.....the breeze horse dropped off and gave Shannon plenty of room to get out as they straightened .....don't think Ryan had any other option but to go for the doctor then.

JayJay likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Sergeant driven as cold as a magistrates stare. Delay, delay, delay.......go for home. Racing was keen last night, Bill Haley a truly extraordinary run......Stratton Cup a ripper contest, gee you would want Major Pocket on your side in a street fight, he refuses to surrender.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited November 2019
    Riders I dare say Bill Haley sang out the ol "See You Later Alligator" as he flew past his opposition down the GP straight last night!

cisco likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts

Possibly to see how far back Dreamy Nights was after running a 28.2 second quarter in the breeze???

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Just took it as no acknowledgement to a enemy in defeat,standard practice in both codes,last time Warwick blew suvaljko a half a kiss was 2/12/2016.-----2lifetimewinners.?