G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 6 Non Members

Group One Railway Stakes

West Australian Racing

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts

Damien give it a rest. It’s no classic Railway for sure but you are coming across as even more sour than usual. Come Saturday this will be a very good race. Just enjoy it for what it is, or don’t, we couldn’t care less, don’t need running commentary on your own personal interest

See the Winterbottom could be the exact reverse and when I say that I expect you to throw up
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    paraletic said:

$6 the field i dont think u can ask more than that. Many varied form lines to work off. Not a vintage railway but who cares. Been a fair few crap G1’s across the country but its only the railway and KT that seem to cop it

Agree. There are many G1s around this country that in my opinion don't deserve the status, maybe they even should be G3 but they keep getting dished up year after year, some with 7 runners etc. Particularly I'm referring to Vic and NSW, they give them out far too often and they've caused it to lose their true appeal.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    No ride for the Pontiff in the Railway. I hope he gives them a few reminders on the weekend
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2019
    Achernar Star from 16, would need a herculean performance by the horse, but no can't see it now, a 25/1 chance in my book. The only proviso is Damian Oliver, should never underestimate a champion, but he's got the job ahead to win this Group One.

Some very good winners from the barrier draw - Samizdat, Star Exhibit, Gatting, The Velvet King all appearing to draw perfectly.

Finally narrowed it down to just one!

1. Star Exhibit.
    Not confident, how could ya be, will need luck ( don't they all ) but from the good draw, the scintillating first up win, and at around 16/1 to 20/1 will put him on top.

He's had an amazing racing career and just to be thought of as a chance is a credit to horse and trainer, if can at least run a reasonable race a third Perth Cup might still be on the cards.

Dangers - all of them.

Reckon can throw a tea towel over 7 or 8. Despite a slight reservation early about the possible field, did say - the winner will be deserving, that's strengthened, it's a tough Railway Stakes to win.

Done enough running commentary myself haha so good luck everybody!

Thewogboys likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Best Of Days for me.
    Box the top 6 for the quartet B-)
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    As has been pointed out not the strongest edition of the railway. For mine that makes it that bit harder to find the winner. There is no real standout. J. nosk must really give his ride a great chance for him to get down to the 53 must have taken a herculian effort of self sacrifice and commitment. Hope he has something left in the tank come Saturday. His effort to get down to the weight and the horses draw is enough to make me think he feels he can win . Come from near last in the Northerly to be beaten 2 lengths.then come out and won the AB were he raced a bit fierce in the early part of that race , from 3 if Nosk can get him to settle a bit better I reckon he is a real live chance.Next I will go a little wider and throw in Variation . Has won 3 times at the mile and was beaten less than a length in a stronger running of this race last year. Good luck

Ridersonthestorm33, jum, savethegame likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Had Manolo Blahniq running tail-end Charlie. Jocks have to revisit the excuse book, rule a line,----that think of noonans got in my way...

Going to be very attractive to all punters, probably 8/1 the field by jump time,all novelties  very enticing  to the rank &file punters ,for a small outlay chance of decent return ----beats the all too common catch cry  nowadays, odds-on---look-on.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Spinking-- Noske to ride  Samizdat at 53.5kg. Even at that weight ,he will look like a pull-through for twenty-two.
    Think he could be the most progressive horse to come out of this race.going forward, Most Not a Single Doubt's love it wetter the better, even his card  reads at 5 wins,with four being on soft or heavy,-- very handy if goes over east
     As you say Noske must really believe  his a hot chance,sure would know what a good one feels like after having, Black Caviar as a measure

spinking, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Reykjavik massive overs at $16 even with the wide draw. I think he is a huge chance.

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon likes this post.

Where did you see that STG. i have not noticed that Nosk has been given approval for half kilo over. Even 53.5kg is a enourmous effort for him to get down to. Just seen it in the West with the bit about him working super yesterday morning. Hope Nosk gets the reward for what must have been a gruelling couple weeks to get to the weight. As i said above hope he has something left in the tank come saturday

Ridersonthestorm33, hash, savethegame likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    spinking said:

As has been pointed out not the strongest edition of the railway. For mine that makes it that bit harder to find the winner. There is no real standout. J. nosk must really give his ride a great chance for him to get down to the 53 must have taken a herculian effort of self sacrifice and commitment. Hope he has something left in the tank come Saturday. His effort to get down to the weight and the horses draw is enough to make me think he feels he can win . Come from near last in the Northerly to be beaten 2 lengths.then come out and won the AB were he raced a bit fierce in the early part of that race , from 3 if Nosk can get him to settle a bit better I reckon he is a real live chance.Next I will go a little wider and throw in Variation . Has won 3 times at the mile and was beaten less than a length in a stronger running of this race last year. Good luck

The exact two I like Spink
    <:-P

spinking likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Not that I’d ever be able to relate but I’ve been told by a few in his situation once those gates open and the adrenaline kicks in he’ll be right in the zone and giving it 110%
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

No ride for the Pontiff in the Railway. I hope he gives them a few reminders on the weekend

How light does he go these day ??

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    I'm sticking with my original pick in The Velvet King.

Lovely draw and carrying 53kg, never runs a bad race. It's a shame Pateman can't ride him but he would never get down to 53kg. Also maybe he would have chose Gatting regardless? No loss with C. Parnham aboard though. I think you should get double figures on Betfair, come start time.

Also an each way on Perfect Jewel, which is my pick of the roughies. Jade riding a very big bonus <:-P
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ hold the phone. there are only 4 horses over 53kg and they have long standing regular riders. i'm sure paul would have been choice 2 on Ach. Star.
    I think he is comfortable riding at 55kg.
    as for Noske getting down to 53.5kg, not a healthy decision so lets hope its not too hot on Saturday.
    Whats that old chestnut about great mind Jum lol. Falc may not be a healthy decision but hope its a sound financial decision come the end of play Saturday

jum likes this post.

Spinking noticed on cris----raceday date noske approved to ride at 53.5kg.

spinking likes this post.

Just Noticed that there STG. Amazing machine the human body , i could lose 5- 10 kg without a problem becuase its there to lose . But for blokes like Noske there is nothing left to shed therefore the approval to ride the .5 over. And apart from the fact there could be possibly nothing left pyhsically if he was to lose the extra .5kg. Hats off to him i reckon it would be a lettuce leaf and sip of water the last few days something i couldnt even imagine
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    All is not well with "the ****"

Cockney Crew showing signs of lameness after being inspected by Racing and Wagering WA vet Judith Medd today. He will undergo further assessment in the next few days to determine if he is fit to start in the Railway Stakes

Jay Rooney on twitter
    @-)
    There goes the pace in the race
    TVK surely firms after this breaking news
    Interesting change of trainer for Regal Power within a matter of days until the Railway

jpeg
    jpeg
    DB8AB676-4CF3-4A73-B536-F454D5C78EAE.jpeg
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Still listed as Grant & Alanna on cris and racing australia.
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Cockney Crew will be fronting up on Saturday in the peak of his powers.
    LOOK OUT
    Was that you yesterday Chelsea that drew the gate for connections are the barrier draw
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    hash said:

Was that you yesterday Chelsea that drew the gate for connections are the barrier draw

Haha
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Terry Leighton's preview of the Railway and Guineas:

H-BOMBER, Buddy123, Ridersonthestorm33, jum likes this post.

Cockney Crew OUT of Railway. Must not be 100%
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I think that was pretty evident yesterday.
    Many of the good judges had already redone their speed maps.