G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    I rate orange better than SS but the best ever.... surely you have 2 dicks as you couldn’t be that silly and only be playing with 1

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Riders;; entitled to his opinion.. My opinion on harness and the galloping code's nobody should be afford the luxury of more then two misdemeanor's that have resulted in six months or more.....See people that are licensed  its a  privilege not a right.

Trotting nosedived in the period between 1983--87.....Australia wide  7401 drivers----6414 drivers.------Trainers  8834----- 8344  ----can anyone remember the best horse for both codes at the time, esp. harness. ----- son.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    No idea on gallopers STG but harness wise, I seem to remember Village Kid, Preux Chevalier, Wondais Mate, Bag Limit as being pretty handy....I think Poppy and Gammalite were done by then but I think the "nose dive" came after that.

VillageKid likes this post.

80s
    Had
    Strawberry road, emancipation, red anchor
    And the like a pretty special decade if you ask me
    edited November 2019
    Westburn Grant
    Rufus Young Blood
    Village Kid
    Preux Chevalier
    Gammalite
    Popular Alm
    Gammalite
    San Simeon
    Pure Steel

Also a very very good decade
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2019
    Was a little tongue in cheek the Orange comment. Don't take me too seriously. Fancy a comment like that, think over the years have been a reasonably good contributor and talking of dicks - I at least have the balls to say something.

When it comes to Warwick and Suvaljko I don't give a hoot catoot - I rate them both very highly as I do Blair Orange, all that other talk is garbage - if you like one or don't like one - who friggin cares.

Toepuntit likes this post.

edited November 2019
    Thanks anyway stg. Only said with a bit of jest and tongue in cheek, and as you said - it's only opinion.

Man oh man, that dick language is grade three stuff. I've never found that type of talk in the slightest way funny, it is primary skool stuff - but that's just opinion...doesn't mean am right or wrong!

It's language I'd never use or stoop that low to use. But that's just my view.

cisco likes this post.

All good though, forgotten and move on.

Toepuntit, cisco likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    LA SULIEMAN – Stewards questioned Driver L. Edwards in regards to his driving tactics in particular between the 250 metres and 100 metres. L. Edwards stated that rounding the home turn INFATUATION NZ sprinted away he was of the opinion that he would be unable to run down the leader and was driving his runner to finish in second placing. L. Edwards added that he was aware that his danger CYCLONE BANNER was trailing him and as a result he was driving to hold that runner in a pocket however LA SULIEMAN shifted out and as a result CYCLONE BANNER was able to obtain an inside run. After reviewing the films Stewards accepted the explanation tendered by Driver L. Edwards however reminded him of his obligations in regards to maintaining a straight line in the run to the finish.

No fine, horse he lets through runs 2nd.

IAM LAMBROS NZ – Driver R. Abercromby pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 162(1)(www)(c) in that in the run to the finish he allowed his runner to shift out and as such advantaged GLENS OF TEKOA NZ which obtained a run to his inside. R. Abercromby was fined $100.

Horse doesnt beat the winner but get fined, surely the first one is worse.

Betonme, Offthebit, capgun likes this post.

Recall seeing the La Sulieman race, was amazed how Cyclone Banner got through, must have just been a fraction of room to manoeuvre, without going under the pegs. Think was Chris Lewis from memory.
  • capguncapgun    25 posts
    AbbysAce said:

LA SULIEMAN – Stewards questioned Driver L. Edwards in regards to his driving tactics in particular between the 250 metres and 100 metres. L. Edwards stated that rounding the home turn INFATUATION NZ sprinted away he was of the opinion that he would be unable to run down the leader and was driving his runner to finish in second placing. L. Edwards added that he was aware that his danger CYCLONE BANNER was trailing him and as a result he was driving to hold that runner in a pocket however LA SULIEMAN shifted out and as a result CYCLONE BANNER was able to obtain an inside run. After reviewing the films Stewards accepted the explanation tendered by Driver L. Edwards however reminded him of his obligations in regards to maintaining a straight line in the run to the finish.

No fine, horse he lets through runs 2nd.

IAM LAMBROS NZ – Driver R. Abercromby pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 162(1)(www)(c) in that in the run to the finish he allowed his runner to shift out and as such advantaged GLENS OF TEKOA NZ which obtained a run to his inside. R. Abercromby was fined $100.

Horse doesnt beat the winner but get fined, surely the first one is worse.

Just the standard inconsistent stewarding we see all the time in WA! They love to flex their tiny muscles on the small guys and stroke the egos of the preferred.
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Looking at the fields for tomorrow, Athabascan somehow ended up in two races...they were certainly short for numbers to make up fields!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Such a basic mistake....and a 7 horse field for race 2...just 95 runners accepting for 120 spots.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Having quite a bit of luck at Melton today - which is a welcome change

However the track today - re the surface - i wish all trotting tracks were like that all the time - it looks a little bit loose - thus horses are running on from last and coming wide and winning - though one horse did lead aqll the way and won by 30 metres so it is a very fair surface

Melton midweek - i know its lower grade and they can come from behind - however race 8 had Im Sir Blake ( that thing out of Jupiters Darling ) and a 80-1 pop ( with very good form ) sat last - over 1700 metres - even  with a 34 second qtr thrown in- came from last - right down the outside and beat them easily

The trouble with GP and Melton on big nights - is they over prepare the tracks - and they end up rock hard like the Pacific Hwy - and are screaming leader - peg dominated rubbish . Have a little  bit of give in the track and i reckon horses can run on

Gilgamesh, AbbysAce likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Markovina said:

Having quite a bit of luck at Melton today - which is a welcome change

However the track today - re the surface - i wish all trotting tracks were like that all the time - it looks a little bit loose - thus horses are running on from last and coming wide and winning - though one horse did lead aqll the way and won by 30 metres so it is a very fair surface

Melton midweek - i know its lower grade and they can come from behind - however race 8 had Im Sir Blake ( that thing out of Jupiters Darling ) and a 80-1 pop ( with very good form ) sat last - over 1700 metres - even  with a 34 second qtr thrown in- came from last - right down the outside and beat them easily

The trouble with GP and Melton on big nights - is they over prepare the tracks - and they end up rock hard like the Pacific Hwy - and are screaming leader - peg dominated rubbish . Have a little  bit of give in the track and i reckon horses can run on

Agree 100% they get so caught up in wanting them to go fast it becomes a mathematical impossibility for anything to come wide and win they are just going that quick on the market pegs

Markovina likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    LUMINOSA – Stewards questioned Trainer R. Matthews in regards to the improved performance of the gelding. R. Matthews stated that the gelding had work hard to find the lead and as such over-raced once finding the lead. R. Matthews further added that the gelding will continue to benefit from racing.

Wonder what the answer was to the improved performance? worked hard to lead and over raced?????

freodockers, TrackBias, Offthebit likes this post.

• aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    edited December 2019
    AbbysAce said:

LUMINOSA – Stewards questioned Trainer R. Matthews in regards to the improved performance of the gelding. R. Matthews stated that the gelding had work hard to find the lead and as such over-raced once finding the lead. R. Matthews further added that the gelding will continue to benefit from racing.

Wonder what the answer was to the improved performance? worked hard to lead and over raced?????

RACE 5 – AFGRI EQUIPMENT PACE – 2242MS

LUMINOSA – Stewards questioned Trainer R. Matthews in regards to the improved performance of the gelding. R. Matthews stated that the gelding had work hard to find the lead and as such over-raced once finding the lead at its previous race start at Wagin. R. Matthews further added that the gelding was suited to obtaining the lead in tonight's event without having to work as hard and as a result didnt over-race and was able to finish the race off. R. Matthews further added that the gelding races best when able to lead in its races and will continue to benefit from racing.

They have corrected it for you AbbysAce  ;) 
    also should note gear changes trainer removed earplugs for Wagin  (over the short trip) and had hood type ear plugs added to gear changes for Narrogin which would have helped the horse to settle 
  • maybesomaybeso    84 posts
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    They are called bet $3.65 for a reason... I have gone to put a $20 bet on and instead they accept some low weird bet amount. 
    Other bookmakers are not clean either, and winning punters they soon shape your bets, and/or don't offer products that could previously bet on. 
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited December 2019
    This is possibly the type or at least a corollary of the corporate strategy that the WA Government in concert with RWWA are handing the TAB over to. Instead of acting as a regulator and barring the shonky skimmers successive  governments have fallen over themselves in order to cash in the golden goose for short term political and fiscal relief ( ie band aiding their own incompetence). Eventually the large pari mutuel pool will splinter as the sharks circle and then its sayonara to the racing codes. Disgraceful abrogation of responsibility across the board.

JayJay, TrackBias likes this post.

When we see the  likes of  MattTripp come in & out of these corporate betting houses,  it all comes from punters someone has allowed this to happen, Tripp is just in the process of receiving 250mil. for his group's 20% ownership in beteasy

Same fella that brought sportsbet for 250k. in 2005 and made it a market leader within 6 years then onsold for 338 mil;. 

Trots  -- Bookies went broke ,--- punters went broke--- 

Beteasy had a sniff at Tabtouch but were only interested in certain parts, so thankfully  they skipped
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts

This is possibly the type or at least a corollary of the corporate strategy that the WA Government in concert with RWWA are handing the TAB over to. Instead of acting as a regulator and barring the shonky skimmers successive  governments have fallen over themselves in order to cash in the golden goose for short term political and fiscal relief ( ie band aiding their own incompetence). Eventually the large pari mutuel pool will splinter as the sharks circle and then its sayonara to the racing codes. Disgraceful abrogation of responsibility across the board.

Thats all well and good - but when the question of selling the TAB was 1st raised - Colin Barnett made a good point - why should the govt be involved in gambling
     We won't get much more then 300mil; for our tab sale. Sportsbet spent 110 mil on marketing in 2016..

They don't seem to worry how many are employed through the racing system,plus they can hide around the corner and receive the point of consumption tax.now plus use the 205 mil. towards a new hospital...………… Treating the industries ,like we will wash our hands,first before we touch this drug money.

edited December 2019
     Why shouldn't the Government be involved in gambling ? Surely not some finger wagging tut tutting moralistic admonishment? Especially if the platform was developed to channel finance back into designated areas of society via taxation and direct legislation that benefited actual  employment generating activities like racing and sport plus other like funded arenas. It makes perfect sense for the government to be involved in a legitimate gambling activity within the society it governs. What and where will be the tax base of the new  corporate TAB owner...the Caymans ?? ...and thus beyond control ?

sonny likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,056 posts
    You are right Curmudgeon the gov. should be involved but the politicians and administrators want to distance themselves from gambling on the races.. They dont distance themselves from lotto  /scratchies/lotteries...

curmudgeon likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Paul Whyte is a name that springs to mind.

Paul Whyte is a name that springs to mind.

As an example of a non sequitur.... I agree fd
    Hopefully it's only a matter of time Curmudgeon.
    With all the RWWA governance and industry investigators and simple industry insider knowledge I find it "surprising" to say the least that no one asked how Paul Whyte and his mate could afford to be doing what they were doing, particularly as PW was a government employee.
    Hopefully Leigh Sales doesn't stop with Bet 365.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Suarez is a nice eachway price (albeit pay 1,2) in R1 @Pinj today on the back of its good first up run, it’s one I’ve always had a bit of time for. 

VillageKid likes this post.

Stop it gilga just backed him then saw your post ,, thought first up run was very good.
    Unfortunately I didn't take fixed odds will wait and see.

Gilgamesh likes this post.