• tony   42 seconds ago
1 Members & 34 Non Members
DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
edited December 2019 West Australian Racing
25 nominations out now

1 Achernar Star  (Simon A Miller)   
2 Ambitious (JPN)  (Lindsey Smith)   
3 Arctic Stream  (Ross Price)   
4 Bondeiger  ( Ciaron Maher & David Eustace)   
5 British Bessy  (Sharon Miller)   
6 Brother's Keeper  (Tiarnna Robertson)   
7 Dark Musket  (Graeme Ballantyne)  
8 Forceful  ( Grant & Alana Williams)   
9 Friar Fox  (Justine Erkelens)   
10 Here Comes Lenni (NZ)  (Justin Warwick)   
11 High Energy  (Jeff Noske)   
12 Missile Launch  (Vaughn Sigley)   
13 Mississippi Delta  ( Grant & Alana Williams)   
14 Mizlecki  (Fred Kersley)   
15 Ombudsman (NZ)  (Hayden Ballantyne)   
16 Plays the Game (NZ)  (Michael Lane)   
17 Pour Vous (IRE)  (Lindsey Smith)   
18 Prince Turbo  (Jason Miller)   
19 Prize Catch  (Lindsey Smith)   
20 Regal Power  ( Grant & Alana Williams)  
21 Royal Command  (Adam Durrant)  
22 Spiritual Warrior  (Justin Warwick)   
23 Star Exhibit  (Adam Durrant)   
24 Taxagano  (Fred Kersley)   
25 Vintage Stock (NZ)  (Alan Mathews)  

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Winner is right there in the numbers.
    Number 23 - Has won 2 Cups and will make it 3.
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts

Winner is right there in the numbers.
    Number 23 - Has won 2 Cups and will make it 3.

if your talking numbers #20 Regal Power wins the 2020 Perth cup by lengths
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Given the likely weights Id say Mississippi Delta would be the one. Another Cup for Bob at least given the previous posts..

Bobcat likes this post.

edited December 2019
    For sure, and also will Regal Power run - then again that goes for many of them, can't see why Regal Power can't win KT too.

If runs well in KT finishing off hard, and starts in Cup should be a hot fave.
    Eastern staters would be doubtful ? 25 nominations and about 4 weeks to go - will be quite surprised with the attrition rate if they get maximum field size of 16. Hope wrong but can envisage perhaps just 12-14 runners max.

Recall about 20 years ago they ran 18 in the Cup and races like the Tattersalls Cup and Towton Cup also had 18 starters.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    watch the last win of Pour Vous at Sandown. 
    taken over by Lindsey Smith.. an ex LLoyd williams horse. 

Ridersonthestorm33, FreoHitman likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    25 noms. Is it really time for a change? Get rid of the wa cup and put the perth cup there after the bunb and pinj cups?

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Hate to open an old wound but this was the **** reasoning behind the drop from 3200M to 2400M but the Great Leader of the unwashed.

His legacy will live on forever.
    edited December 2019
    Just put a line through Achernar Star running, will be mighty shocked if it does. But there's one guy who'll be there for sure - Dark Musket!
    edited December 2019
    Whatever happens with final field - just look for Durrant/Williams that's where the winner most likely to hail from.

With Star Exhibit - if field falls away to 10 or 12, and no Regal Power this maybe the weakest of the three Perth Cups has run in. Got a feeling there setting it for a third and why not - records are made to be broken.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I tipped Star Exhibit early last year and then didn't back it. It was $14 in early markets. Started $31....

I'll be waiting
    edited December 2019
    Tabtouch market out @bomber and it's a pretty tight ship their running, but always good for a laugh...now it's an all in market - so no refunds on scratchings - but the good thing about all in markets is that you get better odds, yeah riiiiiiiiiite.

3/1 Star Exhibit hahaha as said good for a laugh, could get sore or anything go wrong and out he comes and no refund on the 3/1 hope.

If all goes reasonably well between now and the Cup you'll get at least 5/1 on the day and not risk your money about it being scratched before final field declared.

The fella's at BetEasy must get the giggles when doing these prices.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    5/1... dream on..he'll be 10's + on the 4th.
    your (our) old mate dark musket seems to have lost all interest in racing...I think retirement beckons.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited December 2019
    At the moment bomber, wouldn't even take 3/1 or 7/2 about Star Exhibit running in the Perth Cup - let alone winning it!

Has to get through the KT first and perhaps a Cox Stakes then arrive for the Cup. Yeah I'll have $100 on Star Exhibit right now to win at $4.50, plus keep my money if scratched between now and when final field declared. Good stuff.
    cox...don't you mean the Teflon Ted …..what a load of crap..who in the hell rubberstamped the change. as I have said before, if I had the winner of it, i'd not attend the presentation. the man should be obliterated from all things PR..and that is not only my opinion...i'd never mention the other names.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Have to have an early smokey - it's number 10...and here comes Lenni!
    smokey that's for sure...what are you on weed or ice....? ;)
    They'll be lucky to have 12-14 runners, am predicting more 10-11 and if Here Comes Lenni is one of about a dozen, he'll be right in the finish!
    edited December 2019
    As far as weed and ice are concerned...my Agricultural Science teacher use to tell me "a weed is a plant in the wrong place"...always recall that when yanking the persistent buggers out of the backyard.
    Then he'd continue with "now take that radio out of the classroom and stop listening to the races!"
    "Yes sir!"

Ice - yep can't beat freezing the water with strawberry cordial, and the ice blocks are the best on a hot day.
    That's my full thoughts and memory about weed and ice.

curmudgeon likes this post.

edited December 2019
    Good early odds about Here Comes Lenni 13/1 8-| but don't worry only needs a few above him in the market to come out and could be challenging as one of the favourite's.

Was perusing the market and began at the bottom looking for 50/1 about Lenni nope, 33/1 nope, 25/1 nope, um 20/1 nope, neither 16/1 or 14/1, he can't be there or somehow missed him.... whoops oh their he is at just 13/1.

The gents at BetEasy/Tabtouch make it BetHard.
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts

Good early odds about Here Comes Lenni 13/1 8-| but don't worry only needs a few above him in the market to come out and could be challenging as one of the favourite's.

Was perusing the market and began at the bottom looking for 50/1 about Lenni nope, 33/1 nope, 25/1 nope, um 20/1 nope, neither 16/1 or 14/1, he can't be there or somehow missed him.... whoops oh their he is at just 13/1.

The gents at BetEasy/Tabtouch make it BetHard.

There was 50/1 HCL available on the eastern tabs, now 26$

edited December 2019
    Yes for sure and makes that old saying more applicable than ever...it pays to shop around, and if you're half serious there's one shop to avoid!

Nah there not that bad, as more liquidity comes into the market they straighten up and become more competitive.
    edited December 2019
    The other week a fella showed me his $10 tote winner on Star Exhibit all smiles, just at the time was thinking bloody Star Exhibit he's done me again, so not great timing, but even so good for him.

However the puzzle was why would you put $10 on S.E on the tote at around 20/1 when even Tabtouch is betting 40/1 and perhaps 50/1 at one stage.

Even on a $10 investment that's worth 100's. Try to get the best price you can!

Also what it did show - ok All Up or big win bet on Star Exhibit aside - that bloody tote - it's very non competitive - can be solved - drop take out rates and medium/big punters will buy in - and what's more - reinvest.

Latest research on USA tracks with different takeout rates - the tracks that have dropped takeout rates are doing much better than the ones who haven't, done properly it does work. Tabcorp should do the same and rekindle tote betting.
    edited December 2019
    Not trying to pre-empt but reckon these might be the doubtful runners, won't get them all correct but will have a throw at the stumps.
    1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 20, 24, 24, 25.

That's 13, if get 9 of them right - that takes it to sixteen, then say three I might have missed - so will go for thirteen starters maximum.

Think if get 13 to line up they've done well - time will tell, might be 16 after all, but have a few doubts.

edited December 2019
    When the very good mare Bianco Lady won the Perth Cup in 1983 for outstanding hoop Brent Thompson their were only ten runners.
    The other nine hoops that rode in the race will bring back memories for some.

1.Peter Cook
    2.Jim Taylor
    3.Max Roney
    4.Craig Wake
    5.Grant Wooton
    6.David Rudland
    7.Ian Albuino
    8.Stephen Sheehy
    9.Tom Brown

Ian Albuino gosh didn't he ride some winners, baby faced Jim Taylor too, he only looked 11yrs old back then. Peter Cook from NSW a Melbourne Cup winning hoop and one of the best in Australia.

Bianco Lady finished close up in the Melbourne Cup and ran favourite in the Perth Cup - was quite unsusual at the time to get such a small Perth Cup field.

Most of them carried 48 - 50kgs...when light weights - were light weights.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    What is the late nomination fee? If u had one running over east with moderate form surely you would consider having a crack
    edited December 2019
    Think and especially with early betting being conducted on these events, their is no late nomination ? That's it 25 nominated and no more can be added ??

Might be wrong but thought that's the final list and can't be changed.

Also in regards to Regal Power and should know this but has any horse won the Railway and Perth Cup, Material Man went very close. But pretty sure that would be a new record.

Just have a feeling doubtful to run though - once again could be wrong!
    edited December 2019
    @Bomber will like this and generate some excitement...imagine if Regal Power won the KT - then went onto the Perth Cup - no horse has ever won the Railway/KT/PC treble - but then it gets better - add Star Exhibit - going for a record breaking three Perth Cup victories as well!

Add the fact that top weights are absolutely thrown in these days haha, plus Missippippi Delta and just like Delicacy, Neverland and just forgotten the third placed very good horse's name and there is your Mr.Peters trifecta once again.

It's still along way to go for all of them. Out of the three SE - MD and RP think RP is more the doubtful one - win, lose or draw in the KT.
    $440 para.
    TheDiva said:

watch the last win of Pour Vous at Sandown. 

taken over by Lindsey Smith.. an ex LLoyd williams horse. 
    Goes around in 8 mins at Sandown in Race 4. Topwieght and is paying $2.05
    Got beat by a half head. Looked all over the winner and was still coming but the #2 kept finding.