G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Stewards on the ball?

West Australian Racing
I'll be watching the stewards report with great interest after Ascot today, they seem to have been very passive with interference lately... Mitch Pateman in race 6 today gave Morning Song a belter of a hip-and-shoulder on the turn, causing a chain reaction, then took the running of the same horse again. Obviously Mitch was having a crack but definitely pushed the boundaries of the rules. He ought to remember how he did something very similar in the Belmont Oaks and we all know how that ended, with Mitch having a shocking fall and a horse dying

Comments

• hollda09hollda09    225 posts
    Flanders said:

I'll be watching the stewards report with great interest after Ascot today, they seem to have been very passive with interference lately... Mitch Pateman in race 6 today gave Morning Song a belter of a hip-and-shoulder on the turn, causing a chain reaction, then took the running of the same horse again. Obviously Mitch was having a crack but definitely pushed the boundaries of the rules. He ought to remember how he did something very similar in the Belmont Oaks and we all know how that ended, with Mitch having a shocking fall and a horse dying

Hello Idiot,

Firstly before you make statements like this maybe check who is riding which horse. Ben Paterson was riding Montelena who gave Morning Song the hip and shoulder, not Mitch.

Secondly it was the WA Oaks not the Belmont oaks.

I will be watching for your reply with great interest.

Goodnight

GaryH dislikes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    edited December 2019
    hollda09 said:

Flanders said:

Hello Idiot,

Firstly before you make statements like this maybe check who is riding which horse. Ben Paterson was riding Montelena who gave Morning Song the hip and shoulder, not Mitch.

Secondly it was the WA Oaks not the Belmont oaks.

I will be watching for your reply with great interest.

Goodnight

Wow, I really did make a mistake there didn't I. I'm such an idiot, thanks for being so brutally honest, its people like you who really keep the world turning. I assumed it was MP because there were arms flailing about all over the shop, and it was a DMac runner so naturally thats where i made the assumption.
    What a complete idiot.
    The fact is that MP did cause a fall which killed a (very promising) horse. Again you are right though- I had the wrong race but I don't think that matters so much in this instance but if you wanna call names that's cool.
    Good night. Thanks for comin.
    I'll still be interested in the outcome with the stewards, as a side note.
    ^ Oh I would also like to apologise to Mitch Pateman for mistaking him for someone else.
  • BobcatBobcat    160 posts
    I too saw that and thought time might be coming but then thought though if he changes into the cerise and white and calls himself Willie he should be fine.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited December 2019
    Is Hollda,  Mitch Pateman :-?  :-?  :))  :))
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    jum said:

Mitches manager Dane jum. clearly a bit precious!! must b hard booking 3 rides a week lol

Bobcat likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    razor said:

jum said:

Mitches manager Dane jum. clearly a bit precious!! must b hard booking 3 rides a week lol

:-\"
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Paterson copped a 12 day suspension (15th -27th December)
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    edited December 2019
    razor said:

jum said:

easy tiger... flanders came out and bagged the wrong bloke for some pretty ordinary riding... 
    he was entitled to give the poster a spray given he had the completely wrong bloke. 
    Fair play I reckon. 

JayJay, The_Bull, spinking likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Starting a post with “Hello idiot” is not particularly helpful.

TheDiva, GaryH likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    tony said:

Paterson copped a 12 day suspension (15th -27th December)

Shame they did not cut the suspension by 2 days, Boxing Day with races at 3 venues, sure to be horses scratched due to

1. Not Enough
    2. Fat Xmas :D
    3. Holidaying

Jockey's
    TheDiva said:

razor said:

jum said:

easy tiger... flanders came out and bagged the wrong bloke for some pretty ordinary riding... 
    he was entitled to give the poster a spray given he had the completely wrong bloke. 
    Fair play I reckon. 

Agreed Diva, I deserved to be called out, major balls-up (insert embarrassed emoji).
    The style of the reply was pretty average though I thought.
    I didn't know he was Mitch's manager before- assuming the above posters are correct that is. If he is, I can see why he was so emotional aboit it but a better-constructed response would probably be a better PR move for his client than what was dished out.

TheDiva, JayJay likes this post.

Back to the initial reason for the post- I'm glad the stewards were on the ball with this one
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    At least your man enough to own it Flanders move on

Flanders, jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    and... it was very ordinary riding. Showed very little respect for Mollie on Bob's horse. 

Flanders likes this post.

edited December 2019
    I'm certain i have the right bloke this time.... have a look at race 4 today at Pinjarra. Ben Paterson did basically the exact same thing as yesterday. It looked bloody terrible yesterday and was almost identical today, except there was just one horse to his outside this time.
    I really hope the stewards make the added suspension cumulative not concurrent. I really can't stand when they do that concurrent BS. You do the crime, you do the time!
    Oh please really?
    Bobcat said:

Oh please really?

Yes really. If you've seen the race and have posted this, you have to be Ben himself or are very close to him
    I went back and watched the replay before my post, I’ve seen much worse and not crack a mention.
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Bobcat said:

I went back and watched the replay before my post, I’ve seen much worse and not crack a mention.

The Horse that he checked beat him home by 3 len
    Slight bump on the corner as they all angle out for runs
    MY advice Flanders
    Go to
    OPSM quickly
    ha ha
    brady said:

Bobcat said:

The Horse that he checked beat him home by 3 len
    Slight bump on the corner as they all angle out for runs
    MY advice Flanders
    Go to
    OPSM quickly
    ha ha

Rightio Brady, will do but I'm pretty sure my prescription is ok.
    The fact that you said he "checked" a horse doesn't give your argument much cred sorry.
    The fact that you're clearly an Eagles supporter does give you cred, so I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.
    edited December 2019
    Bobcat said:

We've all seen worse here in Perth that don't crack a mention. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be penalised, it means that the stewards weren't "on the ball" and didn't penalise it. Pretty much any other jurisdiction in Oz wouldn't stand for it and would give the rider a reprimand or suspension. The lack of consistency is what gets on my goat.
    IMO Benny was over the top yesterday and again today. Angling out and creating the run is being competitive but doing it and putting another horse off balance is going too far and should have ramifications.
    I'm off to OPSM because there was not one thing said about it in the stewards report. Wow.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    edited December 2019
    Will never forget a horse that won at Ascot midweek a few years back at $81 ridden by Noel Rudland (Summer something?) Trainer gave the reason for improvement that it was dropping back to the 1400 and he would never start it beyond that distance again. Next started over 1800 and stewards did not react.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    is it any wonder they are known as "the blind mice"...
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    edited December 2019
    Spiritual Warrior, seriously??? from the Towton Cup stewards report  ...." got back further in the field than anticipated due to the moderate pace"

savethegame, Uttsy, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ bulls*it!! with the farcical pace I thought "lucy is going to take off any second and make it a catch me if you can.."
    as rodent pointed out it drifted to 16's on betfair..and I thought 9's was generous. funny how "they" know things we mere mortals don't.

savethegame, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Spiritual Warrior is a 90 rater and guess what the Perth Cup is? Perhaps they don't want to risk any extra ratings points?

PNG
    PNG
    PCup.PNG
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    That's a pearler nearly stewards best blooper for oct----dec. period ------Hard to bet  the nemiroff one 2.60. favourite beaten 18 lengths., You used to be the standard practice for years a favourite that has been tailed off, and the  obvious.reasons had not occurred,like staying in gates,severe check in running,------of cause shinsoreness, bledding attacks have mandatory penalties; The trainers belting out, there version without concrete proof what took place--my as welll ask Elton john.for a ring stinger

That horse would be required to trial to satisfaction of the stewards,plus the most important point punters are able to make assessment  without money involved to whether, that horse would carry there coin at its next start---the life blood of the industry,
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Tumbled into spiritual warrior purely his kalg.cup win,was something else plus his 2200 card 3/3. 
    Wasn't aware of tactic changes,now post race it becomes a little bit more clearer

,Warwick must be concerned  with his fitness levels, and didn't won't him to have a gut buster,so more then likely go around sat. screw him down a bit more for the cup, His the one trainer that is capable of,finding the rabbitt & pulling it from the hat.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.