G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts

Stop it gilga just backed him then saw your post ,, thought first up run was very good.

Another nice run, just needs to find a race with the right tempo
    Unfortunately I didn't take fixed odds will wait and see.

Stop it gilga just backed him then saw your post ,, thought first up run was very good.
    Unfortunately I didn't take fixed odds will wait and see.

Don’t know why it went like that, I blame me now having an IPhone and not a samsung
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Anyone look at the photo finish of R5 at Pinjarra today?
    Standard image shows just a margin to outside runner, but the mirror image shows a margin to the inside, does that mean the camera is out of alignment?
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    Toepuntit said:

Anyone look at the photo finish of R5 at Pinjarra today?
    Standard image shows just a margin to outside runner, but the mirror image shows a margin to the inside, does that mean the camera is out of alignment?

That close almost a dead heat but see what you mean 
  • ajs13ajs13 Posts: 1
    Finish post for Pinjarra is on a curve. Only the front image can be used as the mirror isnt accurate due to not being on a straight. 
    Compare Pinjarra to the rest of the countries harness photo finish and they do a good job.
    ajs13 said:

Finish post for Pinjarra is on a curve. Only the front image can be used as the mirror isnt accurate due to not being on a straight. 

Compare Pinjarra to the rest of the countries harness photo finish and they do a good job.
    ok never knew that thankyou for the info and welcome @ajs13  ,quality of image is good (better than some tracks ) and if you look at most other tracks not many have mirror image anyway so yes front image is probably the most accurate as you say 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Official margin a "short half head"????? Is it correct that the term "nose" (in this case, a very small nose) is no longer officially  in use? Another "brilliant" decision from some muppett who is a foundation member of the Stupid Call society.

Toepuntit, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

why have the mirror then?? Is a little deceptive
    I think in a crowded finish with runners obscured on the inside, the mirror can assist in sorting out the "hidden" heads...I think!!! But that finish in race 5 is awful close to a deadheat.
    Toepuntit said:

why have the mirror then?? Is a little deceptive

JayJay said:

I think in a crowded finish with runners obscured on the inside, the mirror can assist in sorting out the "hidden" heads...I think!!! But that finish in race 5 is awful close to a deadheat.

In saying that, what’s the point of having the mirror if it’s not a true representation of the actual result/margin

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

R5 No2 Watch Me React appeals on an EW basis tonight. Options at the start and could be a winner under multiple race scenarios
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Sorry Gilgamesh got on Walsh if only I'd seen your post.
    If it makes you feel better I backed Mondooley Mach for a place aaargh never again.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Sorry Gilgamesh got on Walsh if only I'd seen your post.
    If it makes you feel better I backed Mondooley Mach for a place aaargh never again.

Mondooley has sucked me in from time to time as well. I was tossing up Walsh or watch me react, at least something back. Universal Major a big run, not sure Denni is the person to fire it off the arm as that isn’t her thing but the horse definitely was keen to run through the line for her
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Geez Richie Bell would have jumped out of the box in the second.
    Not normally one to criticise drivers but that man should not have a license.
    He is an enbarrisment to the industry.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2019
    The grey was nice n' unlucky, fancy being caught up behind Rocktara Mach, just what it needed.
    The continual improving American Voodoo will be winning again.

As far as the one horse, well guess entitled to hold the lead, it is Narrogin.
    Look for anything that lobs in front at Wayville tommorow night to be holding the lead. Annual nostalgia night back at the famous venue. Hardly practical these days but good to see Harness SA being on the front foot. I'm betting more people at Wayville than at GP, although the Nugget looks to be another terrific contest albeit a well kept secret.

TrackBias, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I cringe for the horses at Wayville ....tendons going around the bends would be twisted with circular force like sticks of celery....and wouldn't take long to shred in a similar fashion.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    The dangerous practice of focusing excessive stakemoney on one race. Temptation is a powerful thing.

The rumours of EPO use, apparently so rampant in some overseas (USA) jurisdictions, now  re-emerging into Australia may have some legs. It is interesting, as the window for a positive on urine analysis is very narrow. I read somewhere that EPO can be counter productive in the long term when used in horses, unlike humans (think ex Tour De France winner)....the use of "foreign" EPO in a horse produces antibodies that attack the naturally produced EPO of the horse, thus rendering the animal anaemic after a period of time, thus defeating the purpose of administration. Short term boost, long term damage....as with most performance enhancers. But if you see some horses that have a sudden and significant improvement....and they are adept at handling a Malvern Star without its trainer wheels, then be suspicious, be very suspicious.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Just hope the 24 million we are spending on intregity that a team goes out in the field earlier in race week pre-race testing every week----- different stables----- its never gone away, but with addition of another product  hear say--- shes  back in business
    EPO won’t work if the horse is of limited ability
    Correct, a sustaining agent for high performance. Whatever they can do, they can do it for longer and under pressure......like cycling up preposterous mountains at high altitude or tramping 3 wide and breezing and still going on with the business up the straight.

Toepuntit likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Just watched the Pinjarra replays from today and gee it would be fair to say that Franco Ecuador looks a handy type!!!
    Another run that caught the eye from Saturday night at GP was Diamond Dove.

AbbysAce, Gilgamesh, freodockers likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Glenn Douglass finds out how long his Xmas holidays will be today
    Driver with the nickname Mr. Goldfinger ?
    Markovina said:

Glenn Douglass finds out how long his Xmas holidays will be today

Douglas 2yrs
    Tormey 18 months
    Not long enough imo

Driver with the nickname Mr. Goldfinger ?

Wasn't referring to g.douglas far from it...……...But one Ulf  Thoresen  wasn' aware he won four world driving championships----plus 4,000 races and he had passed away age 46. he competed in two Australasia   world championships---winning it 79.-------Australia representative  was w.a jim Schrader or also was  in 1973 .    just in the first 17 years Schrader was  the only one from w.a.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    BAD ROUND – Raced wide throughout and gave ground to finish eleventh, beaten 224 metres.  A post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities.  When questioned regarding the tactics adopted and performance, L. Edwards stated his intention after the start was to restrain and obtain cover however on the first turn the gelding began to strike its own sulky wheels and over-race.  He stated he was unable to restrain the gelding due to it racing fiercely therefore he allowed it to stride forward however when he was unable to obtain the position outside the leader he eased the gelding wider on the track in an attempt to settle it and to prevent it adversely affecting other runners.  He added the gelding has not contacted its own sulky in the past however a different sulky was used in this race for the first time.  Stewards accepted the explanation however advised L. Edwards that in future it is expected the usual sulky is used and steps taken to prevent this occurring again.

Wonder if the stewards tell the driver  how about go up 1 or 2 grips on the reins and then restrain, not a good look

freodockers likes this post.