G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    A bit of a controversial finish in a Kingston Town in the mid 90's...winner Forge On ( Paul King ) in a close finish ran Foreman off the track over the final furlong, protest went along time - remarkably ( well I thought ) dismissed.

Jockey on unlucky runner up Foreman - Stephen Miller, hmmmm he did have a few clashes with stewards if memory serves me right!
    edited December 2019
    Another couple of hoops who had terrific winning streaks - Troy Jackman and David O' Heare. Jackman challenged Paul Harvey for supremacy when no other hoop could get close.

Jell likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    brian mueller trained a horse for dad and bill page.
    chez felix...won the derby with peter o'loughlen in the saddle. P'O could not make the weight for the cup so he and ross cherry were on their way to julian brokmans place when they had an accident. Peter died a week or so later, I do not know if ross rode again.
    I was very good mates with peter, one day we went to the northam races together....in peters zooped up dunno what car. I spent the first hour arranging a lift home..never got into a car with him again.
    heliolight, owned by the lee-steers...was that the one trained by a very young trevor Andrews that won a big race in Sydney?
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Heroicity won the BMW
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Eddie Montgomery trained Heroicity when it won the BMW
    My memory's not that good. There are some records which show Eddie Montgomery as the trainer but according to the article below it was Trevor Andrews:

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought Trevor trained heroicity but Eddie was in the mix with Lee Steere think he may had Belele another grey
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Rare individual was Eddie Montgomery. Said how you going Ed down the track to him one morning his reply I'm good my head hurts my feet stink but I still love Jesus funny bloke

savethegame likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Gary Martin also trained a horse for Lee Steeres Eutectic won a few

savethegame likes this post.

ED can remember   him  on radio explaining how he split his pants after a victory-----it went something like this --- Hey mate the rip was from the top of me big bass drum, right around  finished up past me Niagara Falls.-----never meet the man-- but never forgot how funny that sounded

spinking likes this post.

edited December 2019
    Not a fan of prepost "all in" markets, and even though thought was a bit dissapointing last run Forceful is $18 for the Cup and favourite for the Towton Cup tomorrow - if he wins that and one or two of the fave's drop out of the Cup then won't be anywhere near $18 on Cup day.

He's 17/1 and Dark Musket 25/1 one should be about 10/1 the other 100/1.

Reckon there's five horses in the market above Forceful that could be doubtful starters, but for him to be a chance he'd need to be winning the Towton Cup ( no good thing! ) but if he does and a few above him drop out could be as short as 6/1 or 7/1 on Cup day. It's the only horse that looks a fraction of value in a very high % market.

However if misses a place as fave in the Towton Cup then about 16/1 is his rightful price. If you like him in the Towton I'd be having something small on at the $18 for the Cup and it's at least one you don't have to worry about come Cup day - providing he gets to the starting stalls himself.
    edited December 2019
    See that he's into $2.25 to win the Towton Cup and $18 to win the Perth Cup on Tabtouch.

$2.25 tomorrow - can win of course - but ridiculous short odds in what looks a wide open race for an even bunch.

However in contrast the $18 for the Cup looks good! Just makes one wonder if a little bit doubtful, also the 2400 metres a bit of concern.

Realise sounds silly but....
    $2.25 tomorrow - no thanks.
    $18 for the Cup - yes please.

Am hoping he wins like a $2.25 chance tomorrow and be holding a $18 ticket on the Cup. Then can slip into Regal Power - the real good thing!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Ngawyni said:

My memory's not that good. There are some records which show Eddie Montgomery as the trainer but according to the article below it was Trevor Andrews:

Okay, I was also just working off memory...Am I getting him mixed up with Belele? Were they both greys? Eddie trained one of them if not both, apologies if I've pulled the wrong lever. I did meet Eddie way back in time....he was unusual and the most unlikely contrast to the Knight from Limestone Park.
    edited December 2019
    They were both greys - both by Cheraw. Breednet shows both as trained by Eddie Montgomery but I didn't think Heroicity was.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I seem to remember there was a change of trainer there. Eddie started with it then transferred to Trevor. Did Eddie get sick? or injure himself or something similar? 
    More then likely right Diva,regards not always changing the trainer-------Same as railway stakes  winner Cambana Lad was always listed as being by Zahedan it was common knowledge he was by Martello Towers but still shows Zahedan in records ,don't think possible for error like that to take place nowadays
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    When are the weights or for the Perth Cup?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Flanders said:

When are the weights or for the Perth Cup?

Not sure but the Cup is down as a 90+ and with a maximum topweight of 61kg and a minimum of 53kg. It's a given that Regal Power will have 61kg and get in light as that equates to a rating of 106. To make things worse, the majority of the field will be sub 90 in the ratings.
     If it stays 90+ then Star Exhibit will also get 61kg.

PNG
    PNG
    PCweights.PNG

Flanders likes this post.

Last year appeared to be 96+ and the field only had 2 runners rated >93! Star Exhibit (the winner) and Gatting.
     It would appear they have adjusted accordingly to 90+ which I think is spot on. With max top weight 61kg you still have the elite horses thrown in which encourages them to run. If you can't beat them in receipt of 8kg then you don't deserve to win the Cup anyway.
     The Japanese horse will probably get 60.5 or 61kg as well. Mississippi Delta and Taxagano next with 56.5kg with everything else on 53kg.

Flanders, Chelsea likes this post.

Those that know have told me to disregard the 90+ on CRIS. Apparently just a default setting. So instead of 90+ it is more likely to be 96+ so the weights might look more like this:
     Regal Power 61kg, Star Exhibit 58.5kg, Suzuka Devious 57.5kg, Taxagano 53.5kg, Mississippi Delta 53.5kg and everything else 53kg.

Ngawyni likes this post.

that being the case i'd say RP will not start....much bigger fish to fry..
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Soft effort from Bob if it doesnt start the horse is low flying just take the prizemoney while it is there after the debacle with Arcadia Queen over the spring hopefully he doesnt go down the Waller Rd again.
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    If bob doesn't run RP then Mississippi Delta rolls into favourite with Pike on top and he has Star Exhibit as backup. Don't think he will be missing out on any prize money
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Bob should run Regal Power in the Perth Cup. He didn't beat much in real terms in the Railway Stakes and I don't think he could win a Gr 1 in Melbourne in the carnival. The Railway this year was pretty ordinary in it's field, unlike the Winterbottom which was the best race of quality in the calendar in WA. Bob needs to win the Perth Cup as well, this year hasn't been the cracker of recent years and it's his last chance for a little while to win a trophy of any note.

I think this year has been only a shadow of the two last years for him.
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Win a Derby, Oaks, Railway and a Champion Fillies and its a poor year. The bar is set rather high
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Elitist said:

Win a Derby, Oaks, Railway and a Champion Fillies and its a poor year. The bar is set rather high

In fairness Bob set that standard himself
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts

Bob should run Regal Power in the Perth Cup. He didn't beat much in real terms in the Railway Stakes and I don't think he could win a Gr 1 in Melbourne in the carnival.

I think there’s a group1 over there for him for sure. Think he’s got more ability than say Trap For Fools who got a big one, Plus Gatting, Scales Of Justice although those early spring ones do seem an easier proposition.

bob must think xmas came 2 days early.... @-)

Flanders likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Now being renamed as well... The Perth Gift

Manchild likes this post.