• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Yeoww

:-w

png
    png
    9A868BEB-F32B-4445-A36C-BB7916D79120.png
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    interesting.. it let me read.
    didnt say much, except who they were all owned by and that they are both in the hunt. 
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited December 2019
    Might actually get some decent odds if Ladbrokes buys it.

The downside is you only get on for peanuts ;))
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Starting to think this will be a bad result for everyone if Ladbrokes or Betezy buy the WA tab?
    They will quickly close down most agencies and try and move all the losing punters online winning punters fend for yourself.
    Has to be Tab or Unibet alot of agenices could be relocated to bowls or other sporting clubs nearby may have to be some money spent on buildings etc but a better outcome for everyone save on leasing costs and WA will lose punters just shutting shops everywhere.

Gilgamesh, bookielover likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Not having been to a metro race meeting on a Saturday for more than two years, I was surprised that when I did go to watch Carocapo run two weeks ago, that the incredible number of people wagering on mobile phones and laptops by direct comparison to those actually placing a bet with on course bookmakers. To me the switch to online betting is the forecast of the death of people even attending the races and the sport being a series of phantom meetings with only staff and families of those engaged on the day. It's only a matter of time until people simply give up on the sport and just check in on results whilst they are off doing something else altogether. 

If Ladbrokes win the bidding, they simply won't expose themselves to risk and ban anyone with a track record of placing winning bets. At best you will be restricted in what you can wager.

Stakes money for competitors will flat line as well in my opinion. Nothing about the work practices of corporate bookmaking is about giving back. They simply are there to rape and pillage. This is a decision being overseen by fools and promoted by idiots.

thefalcon, Toepuntit, bookielover likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Agreed they need to rethink this but there is still a place for a few bigger stand alone Tabs/ pubtabs for now otherwise in sporting clubs I just cant see Ladbrokes supporting these long term.

Not having been to a metro race meeting on a Saturday for more than two years, I was surprised that when I did go to watch Carocapo run two weeks ago, that the incredible number of people wagering on mobile phones and laptops by direct comparison to those actually placing a bet with on course bookmakers. 
    I find it hard to believe you haven't been oncourse for nearly two years to a saturday meeting as I recall several posts from you in the past mentioning being at the races, now re the mobile phone betting I guess that's what happens when you don't venture oncourse for nearly 2 years 
    This is the norm everywhere and not just at the race track, sporting events, pubs and even TAB's

I was asked politely to leave the TAB up in Currambine years ago because I hadn't placed a bet through his tote! and at certain TAB's around Perth they even have signs saying "no mobile phone betting etc" what a joke
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    The tab is just another corporate these days anyway, restricting winning punters.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Excuse my ignorance but why must the tab be sold?

thefalcon, razor, bookielover likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    agree sonny, the state is in a fine financial position and there are no dark clouds on the horizon.
    why indeed sell, its a cash cow and I believe the =/- 400k is bargain basement.

razor, curmudgeon, bookielover, Chris likes this post.

hash said:

Not having been to a metro race meeting on a Saturday for more than two years, I was surprised that when I did go to watch Carocapo run two weeks ago, that the incredible number of people wagering on mobile phones and laptops by direct comparison to those actually placing a bet with on course bookmakers. 
    I find it hard to believe you haven't been oncourse for nearly two years to a saturday meeting as I recall several posts from you in the past mentioning being at the races, now re the mobile phone betting I guess that's what happens when you don't venture oncourse for nearly 2 years 
    This is the norm everywhere and not just at the race track, sporting events, pubs and even TAB's

I was asked politely to leave the TAB up in Currambine years ago because I hadn't placed a bet through his tote! and at certain TAB's around Perth they even have signs saying "no mobile phone betting etc" what a joke

Ever since Perth Racing sued me for defamation, I have stayed away if at all possible. Many people have forgotten or simply didn't know that Perth Racing took such individual action against a financial Member simply for voicing opposition to their handling of the balance sheet and the way it was portrayed to Members at AGM's. Stunningly, some 8 years later, they openly admit that everything was dire at that time, they just didn't want anyone to know about it. I think the key players were more concentrated on having races named after themselves and building monuments with other people's money than working in the best interests of the Industry. So two years is probably more like three in reality. I have been on a Wednesday once to see a horse we have since sold win.

Working nightshift at Crown as a dealer certainly helped, as I worked 8 weekends in 9 most of the year. But now in my retirement, Sam can't understand why I would prefer to play Golf than go to the races seeing how we talk almost everyday regarding some aspect of racing, but the best work is done at home when you can call up several resources when talking about stock. Seeing how it was around Christmas time, he insisted by buying me a ticket to Flying Colours as part of a group and I reluctantly went along. Don't get me wrong, I had a fun day but didn't have a bet, not even on Carocapo.

The joint has changed a lot. I still however have no desire to be a Member again, be lied to, be spoken about by people who have little or no moral character, or keep the company of people that I wouldn't speak kindly of at their funerals. They can kiss my ass.

bookielover likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Why doesn't the tab offer the same or better promotions .. and have some one who actually can assess /price runners  rather than pay a corp  Give the punters more options so they bet with the tab...Start talking with the Gov. and drop the take out % of the pools..The less % the more the players.. Increase % less turnover..
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    edited December 2019

hash said:

Ever since Perth Racing sued me for defamation, I have stayed away if at all possible. Many people have forgotten or simply didn't know that Perth Racing took such individual action against a financial Member simply for voicing opposition to their handling of the balance sheet and the way it was portrayed to Members at AGM's. Stunningly, some 8 years later, they openly admit that everything was dire at that time, they just didn't want anyone to know about it. I think the key players were more concentrated on having races named after themselves and building monuments with other people's money than working in the best interests of the Industry. So two years is probably more like three in reality. I have been on a Wednesday once to see a horse we have since sold win.

Working nightshift at Crown as a dealer certainly helped, as I worked 8 weekends in 9 most of the year. But now in my retirement, Sam can't understand why I would prefer to play Golf than go to the races seeing how we talk almost everyday regarding some aspect of racing, but the best work is done at home when you can call up several resources when talking about stock. Seeing how it was around Christmas time, he insisted by buying me a ticket to Flying Colours as part of a group and I reluctantly went along. Don't get me wrong, I had a fun day but didn't have a bet, not even on Carocapo.

The joint has changed a lot. I still however have no desire to be a Member again, be lied to, be spoken about by people who have little or no moral character, or keep the company of people that I wouldn't speak kindly of at their funerals. They can kiss my ass.

Theres 3 mins of me life I wont get back! imagine if some1 actually asked for ya life story lol #violin

Precision1 likes this post.

Rock throwing from the cheap seats again. It's never far away in Perth
  • youknowityouknowit    271 posts
    @DamienWyer, I didn’t know you knew Sam, you’ve never mentioned it before
    :-j 

youknowit likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    youknowit said:

@DamienWyer, I didn’t know you knew Sam, you’ve never mentioned it before

Laughed out loud at this. Good humour

yea as funny as a turd floating in a backyard pool

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Depends whether it is your pool or not?

youknowit, hash likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    sonny said:

Why doesn't the tab offer the same or better promotions .. and have some one who actually can assess /price runners  rather than pay a corp  Give the punters more options so they bet with the tab...Start talking with the Gov. and drop the take out % of the pools..The less % the more the players.. Increase % less turnover..

They don’t have the software simply put, promos are difficult to orchestrate
    just logged onto cris and saw a banner.."over the last 5 years TABtouch and RWWA have contributed $280mio to prize money.
    that's $56mio/yr..where would that go if those greedy b*ggers get it? I can tell ya...right into their deep, deep pockets..

curmudgeon likes this post.

Anyone still think there's a chance of a sale? TABCorp would have to be the only runner
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Just after the shutdowns Burt said discussions with tabcorp had been put on hold in the meantime.
    when they count the number of TABs that don't open after this pandemic, they whole mess will not be worth 2 bucks.
    Tabsforsale website has never looked more vast
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Are Ladbrokes favourite to purchase?