G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

AFL 2020

Sport

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    And it will be the same at the end of the year, Skids bemoaning without injuries umpires and all in sundry being against them that they would have played or won the gf

detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Got a feeling skidsters said something about a 4peat, once they polished off the Weagles. Then when that didn't happen it was going to be a 3peat. Now its down to if everything works out perfectly for us we can make the GF.

At least he is getting more realistic. I personally think the Colliwobbles have missed the window. At lot of teams seem to have a lot of upside from last season. I'll tip that both Melbourne and the Saints will finsihs in front of the Colliwobbles this year, and that the Colliwobbles could start the year 0-5
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    SKIDS said:

A bit of luck with injuries for a change will see a Pies v Tigers GF.
    Get on it.

And.... Varcoe does a shoulder at training >:P
    RIO said:

Got a feeling skidsters said something about a 4peat, once they polished off the Weagles. Then when that didn't happen it was going to be a 3peat. Now its down to if everything works out perfectly for us we can make the GF.

At least he is getting more realistic. I personally think the Colliwobbles have missed the window. At lot of teams seem to have a lot of upside from last season. I'll tip that both Melbourne and the Saints will finsihs in front of the Colliwobbles this year, and that the Colliwobbles could start the year 0-5

On the contrary Rio, I see the only danger games for us in the first 10 rounds being Richmond & GWS..... 8 - 2 at worst after 10 :-c

RIO, oldhendo likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    SKIDS said:

A bit of luck with injuries for a change will see a Pies v Tigers GF.
    Get on it.

Think your getting confused with AFLW skidmark. . =))
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Brad Scott has been appointed as the AFL's competition evolution manager.
    7:51 AM · Jan 15, 2020·TweetDeck
    even funnier some of the responses on twitter:

Replying to
    I can just see it - 'Gil we need someone to blame for all these changes, don't want you to end up like the PM. How about we appoint Scotty - every hates him already and it helps north not pay him? Win/win/win!'
    9:39 AM · Jan 15, 2020·Twitter for Android

RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Evolution Manager? Do the AFL even understand the term evolution?

Basically the Evolution Manager sits back and does nothing and lets nature takes its course or natural selection and the game evolves to what ever it wants

VillageKid, TheDiva, Gilgamesh likes this post.

His job is to watch it evolve.... it’s not much different to his coaching style while at the roos...

RIO, jum, Gilgamesh, rooboy, Manchild likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    :))

jum likes this post.

Pleased the Grundy deal is sorted. Amazing player, has been training the house down, always puts in 100% on the track.
    ^:)^
    Willie back at Eagles training. From the vision I saw it did not appear fellow Eagles were embracing him back on the track. Simpson said this was the first time most of the players had seen or heard from him.
    Simpson also chose his words carefully in the presser inferring Willie had work to do in getting the players respect and trust back (without saying those exact words ie trust and respect) The players also had a meeting prior to Willies return to discuss Willies return.
    I am speculating that all is not well on the relationship of the players and Willie.
    Willie appeared to be overly smiling and being overly chummy but didn't appear to be getting the same response back.
    Consiracy theory 1257. :D
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    BY golly i must have a fever, i actually agree with you Deto. The club should show him the door there is no place for someone of his ilk in a team of guys that bust their guts at training and put in 100%.

My bet is that Willie will be given 2 years dating back to the sample tampering. Should be plenty of time to "grow up" and get his priorities in order.
    Or he can go back home, eat turtle and mud crabs and watch his team mates strut their stuff on the telly in late September. :-B
    How does your top 8 look compared to Kings?

King on Thursday morning revealed his expected AFL top eight for the
    year, declaring Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood and the Giants were
    “locks to play finals”. He said Geelong and Brisbane, who both finished
    in the top four last year, would feature in September but begin in
    elimination finals, along with the Western Bulldogs & Port Adelaide.

Dal Santo is going with 'no change'

Earlier in the month, triple All-Australian Nick Dal Santo also gave
    his top eight predictions but said he didn’t expect any change from the
    2019 finalists, despite being a fan of the Power’s progress.

“I
    still rate Port Adelaide and I have the last couple of years. I feel
    they have done so much right, yet they can do so much wrong within the
    one game and chunks of the season,” Dal Santo said.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if they made their way into the eight, but I’m going to say there’s no change (to the eight).”

Only change for me is Melbourne to replace Collingwood in the 8 and Fremantle and Collingwood to battle for the wooden spoon.......Oops sorry. That is my wish list.
    Umm Melbourne or Hawthorn to replace Brisbane in the top 8. Port just implode every year and Hinkley won't see the year out.
    Ageing Geelong wouldn't want any injuries because I can see them slipping down the ladder.
    Western Bulldogs to make top 4.
  • West Coast and Pies to slide out of the top 4 for mine. Gold Coast will win more games than people think.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

West Coast and Pies to slide out of the top 4 for mine. Gold Coast will win more games than people think.

Only thing that stops me 100% agreeing with you is the impact Kelly will have for the eagles. If he continues the way that he has been going, the eagle will probably hold their spot in the 4. Very little coming through the reserves, for the Weagles

Melbourne and St Kilda will give it a big shake this year and Brisbane will improve even  more. Top 6 separated by 2 games..
  • Rioli is a huge loss for the way the Eagles setup. Don’t underestimate what he allows the mids to do.

Agree Rio, Kelly is a star but I think the Eagles will struggle up forward, Kennedy is sore and doubt he sees the season out. St Kilda are pretenders and that recruiting policy will backfire, their list is bottom 6 for mine. Dees well anything is possible but happy to lay that footy club when on the punt. Crows to bounce back into the 8.

Will be an interesting year this one.

RIO, Manchild likes this post.

Funny how you think JK is sore . It's the first time he has had a full pre season out of the last 3. Not exactly what you would expect from one of your older players if he was sore

First time in a long time NN&JK have had a full pre season . If both of them stay injury free and it may be a big if. combined with TK being able to get of the leech, all I can say to the opposition is be afraid be very afraid

8-X 8-X

=)) =)) =))
    Wegirls just rolling out Dads Army,predict they will fall in a heap,sorry.
    Have a 50 game slick pick with you Oldhendo. We are ahead of you at the end of the regular season. If we are dads army you would accept straight away
    Spinking, rule number 1, never bet on football. I think you could send it to me in the post by round 15.
    I will even go halves with you.
    Can't or don't want to back up your babbling above Oldhendo
    Sure i am in, will make for a bit of interest for the season.

RIO likes this post.

We are on Oldhendo. Normal rules apply win any thing over $1000 we go halves. If you agree with that

oldhendo, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Sure Spinking, i would be happy to go halves with the ticket you buy me. ;)

SKIDS likes this post.

We will see

youknowit likes this post.