G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Bunbury Wednesday 15/1/2020

West Australian Racing
Going for the double barrel shotgun bet in the lucky last and backing two of them - both around 5/1, both mares, and both come from strong stables.

Look for the Blackfriars girl Burning Pride to bounce back, hoop can often win the last race, and Nice Go - Justin Warwick/Lucy Warwick they hit some good form the previous week.

Talking of shotguns He's A Gunslinger for Mitch Pateman looks the one to beat.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    shocking meeting...go to the movies or put your head down at work....
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It's short, but Arcadia King went to the line under a hold first up over 1500m. Goes straight to 2200m. Might be worth a tickle of gets to $3
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    thefalcon said:

Or go to the Charles Hotel and not bet
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2020
    The 2200 maiden has eight starters plus one emergency, can't run nine ?

See Pikey on something in race 2 about 20/1, on its debut run should be 100/1, but with him on...wonder what the longest priced winner he's ridden the previous five years, there has been at least a couple at double figures, few and far between of course because they rarely start into double figures.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts

thefalcon said:

Went there for a feed before I flew out last swing... what a bizzare little front bar/TAB, like something out of Deliverance.... steak was ok, but never again!

Daughters birthday today.... one race with a #15, I'll have a little each way.
    All Up on the 'Stars' in races 1 & 2. Usual quaddie numbers and see how we go
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    SKIDS said:

thefalcon said:

Went there for a feed before I flew out last swing... what a bizzare little front bar/TAB, like something out of Deliverance.... steak was ok, but never again!

Daughters birthday today.... one race with a #15, I'll have a little each way.
    All Up on the 'Stars' in races 1 & 2. Usual quaddie numbers and see how we go

who was playing the banjo? =))
    A great book to read too, by James Dickey. Duelling Banjo's theme from the movie hard to beat.
    edited January 2020
    Their was a mare about ten or fifteen years ago use to cross the country border between Victoria and South Australia racing at places like Horsham, Mt Gambier, Penola, Hamilton, Terang.

She was a real battler, but always recall her because was so well named..
    By Swamp King out of Watchingly - her racing title - Duelling Banjos.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

thefalcon said:

[-(
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    I only mentioned the Charles because it appears to be one of Falcon's regulars. I haven't been there since the seventies.
    edited January 2020
    Pikey gets Dew West up at $5.50 fixed SP and $2.90 a place on tote, after seeing Spell On You get out to a surprising better than $5 on tote at Pinjarra, am not so sure of the - as several tab punters have told me - " i never back Pike he's always unders". Hmmmm.

Not totally buying that one. It's all in the eye of the beholder, but quite a few races reckon Pike mounts start at the odds close to what they should be - and it maybe due to the "anti Pike betting crowd".

The bigger question though is do they win without Pikey...
  • Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    I’ll save my money for race 3 at Geraldton tomorrow ????✅
    ^^ Rosie Red Dress :-$
    Pike the only one using the cutaway and putting on a clinic
    edited January 2020
    Saw him bring runner up Arcadia King along the fence too and get very close on the line, as soon as went ducking to the inside on strong finisher Burning Pride - all over. Crunched late on tote.

Nice Go very good run - keep following!

Don't like the cutaway rail - ridiculous thing to have - but when you're on Pikey and see him cutting down there - that'll do.

She had some racing in the winter San Crispino but continues to race well, The Gunslinger close up fourth. The four favourite's not quite in order 1, 2, 3, 4.

savethegame likes this post.

Yes Rosie mate

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Carberry seems to have lost his bearings ---out of form-just track pike---- instead he heads  to the top of the track were,lucy's riding like she trying to kick the tits off a milking cow, then paddy finishes up trying to force a run,and pike is lonely on the inside.---.thought smithy should have finished  in the money-admit it was hanging.a touch.
    edited January 2020
    He seems exceptional no doubt about it, Rod Kemp domination to say the least. Nice to have the cattle under you just the same, but it goes hand in hand doesn't it. He's riding the "best" cattle for a reason.
    What are your thoughts on that race at Geraldton tomorrow
    Don't know what the other boys think, and I'm a bit lost on the Geraldton form but on paper if she's forward enough the Blackfriars mare Rosie Red Dress looks super hard to beat, her two runs at Ascot before a short spell were full of merit, including a win then a close up run.

With an early $35 in the win pool and $22 in the place pool, somebody's possibly had 20 bucks each way - she's $1.10 and $1.00!
    you can do no better than backing troy turner up on the crayfish coast.
    2.65 now the money is coming lads
    who is the young kid on top? how many rides has he had? he'd be sh***ing himself on a well backed commodity.. 8-X
    She’s been riding a bit of work for us great kid and works hard so thought we would give her the chance to get a winner
    Had about 40 rides or something apprentice to dion
    thefalcon said:

you can do no better than backing troy turner up on the crayfish coast.

And lobs in the first at $15 $-)
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Stevie's Wonder, eh? I jerked off to that last 25m of race 4 at Gero. Now I'm blind. Mum was right  B-) :\">
    It was hard, goddam work, must have walked away 4 times