G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

AFL 2020

Sport

Comments

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Good to play the wiggles twice and have 2 games in Perth.... wonder if that'll pacify the pea brain wiggle fans and their travel paranoia, I suspect not.

Looking at heading over for a 9 day, 2 round trip... Pies v Kangas into Pies v Wiggles this season.
    Freo, with their draw will definitely be bottom half of top 8 this year. Tigas are a monty for top spot with their generous fixture (what pics of Gill does Hardwick have??!).
    Melbourne will cement their place as a second rate side, as will the aints.

Pies v Tigers GF is as good a bet as you'll get this decade. 

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

First time in a long time NN&JK have had a full pre season . If both of them stay injury free and it may be a big if. combined with TK being able to get of the leech, all I can say to the opposition is be afraid be very afraid

Full on 100% eagles supporter. But having these injury ravaged guys working for 2 months longer than normal, could be their undoing. Add Barrass, Allen and McGovern on the road to recovery AND we have a lot of if buts and maybes to get to the business end of the season, with any bite left.
    TK is a BIG in, but there is nothign in the reserves to step up when these top 6 players are being "rested" or "rotated"

But i still see them in the top 4 and the pies in teh top 12 ;-)

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited January 2020
    SKIDS said:

Good to play the wiggles twice and have 2 games in Perth.... wonder if that'll pacify the pea brain wiggle fans and their travel paranoia, I suspect not.

Looking at heading over for a 9 day, 2 round trip... Pies v Kangas into Pies v Wiggles this season.
    Freo, with their draw will definitely be bottom half of top 8 this year. Tigas are a monty for top spot with their generous fixture (what pics of Gill does Hardwick have??!).

So are you saying 2 trips West evens out the Collingwood travelling schedule compared to what the W.A teams do ?
    Throw in a couple of trips to Qld , N.S.W and S.A and you are getting close.
    Your non travelling schedule just makes our GF victories over your mob makes them even sweeter.
    I said victories (plural) because I can sense another one coming this year.
    :D
  • spinking said:

Funny how you think JK is sore . It's the first time he has had a full pre season out of the last 3. Not exactly what you would expect from one of your older players if he was sore

Hey Spink, I’m not speculating he’s sore I know he’s sore.

detonator said:

SKIDS said:

So are you saying 2 trips West evens out the Collingwood travelling schedule compared to what the W.A teams do ?
    Your non travelling schedule just makes our GF victories over your mob makes them even sweeter.

Gee whizz - there's the peanut confirmation.

You muppets get what - 12 or 13 home ground advantage matches.

Collingwood get 6! Port, WCE, Crows, GC, Lions & I'll even throw in Geelong, even though we haven't played at their **** ant stadium in over 20 years.

We play 8 away games; Bears (GABBA), Swans (Sydney), GWS (Sydney), Freo (MP), WCE (MP), Dogs (Marvel), Kangas (Marvel) & Aints (Marvel).

Our remaining games (8), are played against co-tenants. I'm not sure where the ignorant whiners would like the greatest team in the world to play the; Tigers, Bombers, D's and Filth... but a 100,000 seat stadium seems like the obvious choice to me
    :-\" And... there's NO home ground advantage!!

oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Skids i think your still confused about the Pies performance. They may have been a good VFL team, but they are a very poor performing AFL team.

Hawthorn are the greatest AFL team and the Weagles are the next best. I think the pies are floundering down near the bottom of the Great AFL teams ladder ;-)
    edited January 2020
    SKIDS said:

detonator said:

SKIDS said:

Gee whizz - there's the peanut confirmation.

You muppets get what - 12 or 13 home ground advantage matches.

Collingwood get 6! Port, WCE, Crows, GC, Lions & I'll even throw in Geelong, even though we haven't played at their **** ant stadium in over 20 years.

We play 8 away games; Bears (GABBA), Swans (Sydney), GWS (Sydney), Freo (MP), WCE (MP), Dogs (Marvel), Kangas (Marvel) & Aints (Marvel).

Our remaining games (8), are played against co-tenants. I'm not sure where the ignorant whiners would like the greatest team in the world to play the; Tigers, Bombers, D's and Filth... but a 100,000 seat stadium seems like the obvious choice to me
    :-\" And... there's NO home ground advantage!!

Nice try Skidmark.
    Both Eagles and Freo would take your schedule everyday of the week.
    Your 3 horrific away games at Marvel must put your planners in a spin.
    Instead of walking across the road from the Holden centre to the G, you now have to negotiate a tram or V rail to Spencer St station.
    Make sure the boys keep their fluids up and wear those "compression leg ins" so they don't get DVT. =))
    Your opening sentence highlights your ignorance to the subject - home ground advantage.
    Collingwood get 6 genuine home ground advantage matches, the remainder are away, or neutral games.
    Wiggles are in a 2 team state, obviously, they must travel interstate to play the other 16 teams in the comp. Don't like it... leave the competition.

SKIDS said:

Your opening sentence highlights your ignorance to the subject - home ground advantage.
    Collingwood get 6 genuine home ground advantage matches, the remainder are away, or neutral games.
    Wiggles are in a 2 team state, obviously, they must travel interstate to play the other 16 teams in the comp. Don't like it... leave the competition.

C'mon Skidmark. Get your facts right mate.
    There is only ONE team in this state. [-X
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Some would say thats one to many. ;)
    oldhendo said:

Some would say thats one to many. ;)

Glad your not one of those Old Hendo. :D
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Time to cut Jessie hogan loose if freo have any gumption

RIO, detonator likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    You have to question the recruiting staff over the past few years, must be frustrating for supporters.

RIO, detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    oldhendo said:

You have to question the recruiting staff over the past few years, must be frustrating for supporters.

they knew the situation before they drafted him!!!!! Yep, hasn't improved, cut him lose, pay him out an get rid of the distraction for all the rest of the squad.

detonator, oldhendo likes this post.

Can't blame "Ross the boss" for the recruiting of Jessie Hogan because he didn't have any input into any of their recruits. Remember "let the cobblers do the cobbling" =)) =)) =))
    RTB had no input into the recruiting of Harley either.
    Where is RTB these days ??? Anyone seen or heard from him ???
  • detonator said:

Can't blame "Ross the boss" for the recruiting of Jessie Hogan because he didn't have any input into any of their recruits. Remember "let the cobblers do the cobbling" =)) =)) =))

Det he’ll be co-hosting Footy Classified with Eddie McGuire on Channel 9 and doing radio at Triple M

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I remember when the Dockers were delaying the Hogan signing and "Weakley and Throbbo" were telling all and sundry that it was a disgrace that the Dockers would not commit.

Don't expect them to defend their stance.

VillageKid, Manchild likes this post.

edited January 2020

detonator said:

Det he’ll be co-hosting Footy Classified with Eddie McGuire on Channel 9 and doing radio at Triple M

My worst fear has been realised. RTB in the media !!!
    I am banning myself from watching any show or radio work that he is on.
    He is up there with Karl Stefonovic on my never to watch ever.
    Channel Nine are desperate if they think people will tune in to watch him and Eddie side by side.
    Makes me sick just thinking about it. Can you imagine when they invite Pav on the show as well. I will throw up.
    :-&
    No I won't cause I won't be watching.

SKIDS likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Channel 9 would be devastated to hear that the most inciteful AFL supporter in the West will not be tuning in to their coverage.

Channel 9 would be devastated to hear that the most inciteful AFL supporter in the West will not be tuning in to their coverage.

I agree Chariots.
    Look forward to your critique of the show the first time you watch it. Cause I guarantee that is the only time you will tune in.
    Give it 4 weeks until they pull the pin.
    :-h
    If Jesse Hogan takes a year off then does he still get his money ?
    If not, then is his salary for the year redistributed to the rest of the players ?
    The length of time contract negotiations play out I would assume the Dockers would have a dozen clauses in his, particularly for this scenario considering his history.
    But then again it is the Dockers and was negotiated under RTB's watch. :-B
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Isnt skids going to watch that show Chariots
    Nevershowsurprise after just watching the seven news and seeing JK moving like one of the new recruits which he has done all preseason just exactly where is he sore ?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited February 2020
    spinking said:

Nevershowsurprise after just watching the seven news and seeing JK moving like one of the new recruits which he has done all preseason just exactly where is he sore ?

I think anyone can move pretty well at 85% in training drills. The test will be how he moves at 100% in match conditions and then recovers to do it 6 days later!!!! I hope he has well managed games and game time this year and we get 12-15 games out of him.

If he played 20 games in the home and away, he'll need an oxygen tent and a bucket of anti inflammatory's to get through game days!!! ;-)
    Did you see the vision Rio?. If that's how someone who according to NSS is sore than I hope they have a team of sore players
    Sorry should have been moves between sore and then above

RIO likes this post.

• spinking said:

Did you see the vision Rio?. If that's how someone who according to NSS is sore than I hope they have a team of sore players

Jesus Spink just giving you a heads up of what I KNOW. I doubt Josh sees the season out but I hope they can manage him through, he’s a great player to watch.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hey Spink when i have to go for a medical i move like an 18 year old and talk with confidence, and come through with flying colours every-time.... When i get home and have to get out of the car, i call for the missus and an overhead hoist....Just saying, its not how they move in a certain activity, its how they recover and go afterwards.

SKIDS likes this post.

A birdie told me that JK signed up for one more year half way through last season.
    Towards the end of last season he said he would not have signed back then if he felt the way he did at the end of last season.
    I reckon they will manage him throughout the year and give Oscar Allen more time in the goal square along side Jack.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    An just to confirm...he did a no show at training the next day!!!!!!!