G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Just watched the replay and Barend Vorster on Manuel was doing the same thing Yendall did, but less successfully. Even before Yendall made his move, Manuel had Begood Toya Mother crowding it and was never really going to get out. It's a shame becos Vorster is one of the best hoops in SA and ended up with a broken collarbone. 
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Alan Hull last day of calling wagga wagga today over 50 years of calling . Love to have my last on he says .--------- The Gates Crasssssh Baccccck--------- his trademark-----------. for the final time.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    The Currie team take 4 to Rockhampton tomorrow. They all look well placed in those fields. Mr Markou, can he bob up again at a good price? Weather Man my best of the 4.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Geez Bowman puts in some shockers when riding for Godolphin.
    But maybe that is the plan ??? B-)
    edited February 2020
    @detonator I don't think Alizee will start so short again. After the infamous handle bars up effort from Hughie last perp she's never looked likely.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    wasn't "the currie team" in a heap of trouble? I remember at the time the young bloke was looking down the barrel at a very heavy disqualification.
    I know its Qld, but what happened?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    edited February 2020
    Ben Curie is currently disqualified for I think 6 years

Father Mark is training after being given a suspended sentance sometime last year

SKIDS likes this post.

edited February 2020
    Correct Tony.

Mark Currie has Molly's Rocking in Race 5 at 20/1, Fomo in Race 7 @ 8/1 and Mishani Courage @ 33/1 Eagle Farm.

Fomo the best of the 3 for me, ran a cracking 2nd first up and looks set for a big prep.
    Molly's Rocking has been very consistent and looks overs to me.

He then has 5 at Toowoomba this evening.
    ^^ could only happen in Qld......or WA.... :-L
    Well the postponed meeting from Saturday at Toowoomba is on today. 53mm of rain there yesterday, but fine now.
    Soft 7 and Currie has scratched a couple, now has 3 going around and all are in with a good chance.
    I like Jelviss in the 1st, he showed a bit in his first prep and if he handles the going will be hard to beat. I got him at 9/2 and  took a little all up each way on the 3 runners.

All Jeed Up is starting to work well after his throat op in November. Looking forward to seeing how the big fella goeas, now that he can breathe  
    $-)
    Quite a nice result... geez, a length my way and it woulda been very special.  8-|
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    ALLIGATOR BLOOD.

WOW, what a race to watch...that is really tough racing.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Yes Rio, but alas I was on the beaten one. Thought J Mac needed to go much earlier, as trying to outsprint him was always going to be a task.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Means we had the quinella Swoop...But i didn't think the winner would hold on
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Nice win by WA horse Special Reward in the Group 3 Southern Cross Stakes at Randwick (1200m) today.

Chris, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts
    Sandown today Race 1 Holyfield Race 3 Nothin' Leica High Race 8 Falls

JimmyPop likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Nice tipping where, unlucky not to get a clean sweep
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Surprise Baby won't be seen until the spring carnival.

https://www.rsn.net.au/no-surprises-in-the-autumn/
    PC said:

Surprise Baby won't be seen until the spring carnival.

https://www.rsn.net.au/no-surprises-in-the-autumn/

Be interesting to see who ends up with the ride. Got too far back in the cup and arguably should've won it. Similar story with Southern France who won the Sandown Classic next start.

PC likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    I agree. Surprise Baby was too far back. The ride by Jordan Childs wasn't the best. Surprise Baby was 18th (out of 24) at the 400m mark and flew to finish 5th...Only 0.9 lengths away from the winner Vow And Declare.
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    Two at CAULFIELD for me tomorrow
    Race 3 Spend
    Race 5 Southbank

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Halvorsen in the Oakleigh Plate.
  • bigorangecatbigorangecat    66 posts
    [-O<
    Oakleigh Plate......$301 boosted.......Vainstream
    Number 19 barrier 1. 
    :-bd
    Same combination as Prince Of Penzance in Melbourne Cup. 
    :-bd
    Daughters birthday numbers. 
    $-)
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    I was watching channel 78 . They interviewed T Busuttin after Tagola held of Hanseatic, funny bloke he said when the fav got of our back I thought aw fu..it no beeping .the emotion of winning a group one good stuff
  • bigorangecatbigorangecat    66 posts
    =D>
    Vainstream huge run for 5th.
    Blackbooked.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    What a farce of a track at Caulfield for Blue Diamond Stakes day. Terrible bias towards on pace runners. Dreadful.

One off the rail was like a "sprint lane" in the trots. Seriously terrible. I mean the Futurity winner is an ordinary horse yet is now a G1 1400m WFA winner.

Also a tweet from Andrew Hawkins on Twitter:

"In fact, watching the replay, if it's true what was being said by jockeys earlier that 4-5 off the fence is like quicksand, I daresay the run of Away Game is one of the big takeaways from the Blue Diamond #horseracing"

therealkramer, oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Same could be said of Regal Powers run . Defied the pattern and hit the line well and would have been in that 4 wide line described above

H-BOMBER, thefalcon, hash likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Rarely touch Eastern States apart from Melbourne Carnival but nice result with Navy Strike in Brisbane at very long odds. Bouquet to the apprentice Madeleine Wishart as the horse wanted to lay out and lose the race in the straight.
    slip, as you rarely touch eastern states races how on earth did you pick a 50/1 pop with no exposed form in a very ordinary Brisbane race, ridden by an unknown female apprentice, in a race with an odds on pop.
    Melbourne or Sydney, the benefit of very grave doubt...but Brisbane....Mmmmmm
    SKIDS said:

All Jeed Up is starting to work well after his throat op in November. Looking forward to seeing how the big fella goes, now that he can breathe  
    $-)

Jump out Tuesday, going well 
    ~O)