0 Members & 10 Non Members

How hard is punting?

West Australian Racing

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    And the 75 beers

thefalcon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Terry Leighton slayed them yesterday. He recommended having something on in 8 of the 10 races. He landed 5 winners including Solid Azza and Why Choose Her at big odds  =D>

jum, Gilgamesh, Chris likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    glad it turned around for him, was a lean run for a while
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited February 2020
    He was down 18% on turnover (down about 200 units) before yesterday going back to about last May I think when he started tipping on Betfair. Had a blinder yesterday and probably recovered about 70 units (with his recommended staking) or a third of his losses which shows how quickly it can turn. Hopefully he's found some form but still some work to do to square the ledger and get back in front.
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    good to see him recovering! been a bloody long run of outs
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    I wouldn’t look into the -18% on betfair too much. I find lots of his tips shorten and they are recorded at betfair SP. I think you would find his -18% would be a lot less if you staked accordingly with the corps when his previews go up.

Rodent likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited February 2020
    I agree many of his tips shorten but often they go out again as the market settles and often drift on Betfair.
    Rodent said:

Terry Leighton slayed them yesterday. He recommended having something on in 8 of the 10 races. He landed 5 winners including Solid Azza and Why Choose Her at big odds  =D>

Comeback never in doubt
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ask him if he has his own home and what car he drives....
    Why?
    thefalcon said:

A bus that drives around Perth stopping at bar after bar after bar.

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

thefalcon said:

Just for the record, I own my own home and drive a 2015 Skoda Octavia. Where does that have me placed on the punting totem pole?
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    not sure i would have owned up to the skoda... 

*jokes*

jum, Manchild, Chris likes this post.

TheDiva said:

not sure i would have owned up to the skoda... 

*jokes*
     Haha. Skodas are simply clever. Still not sure whether I'm simple or clever for buying one. I bought it new and touch wood has been an awesome car.

razor likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I think im getting mixed up with the Lada... my mate had one... 

jpg
    jpg
    lada.jpg
    skodas are Czech vehicles but I've read somewhere that they are now owned by VW.
    thefalcon said:

skodas are Czech vehicles but I've read somewhere that they are now owned by VW.

Yes, VW own Audi, Volkswagen and Skoda. German engineered but assembled in Czech Republic so a bit cheaper.
    mate bought his missus a top of the range BMW hatch...assembled in mexico.
    better be careful,rodent or we'll be s*at on for non racing comments...
    8-X
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    TheDiva said:

Haha I had a Lada "Samara" early days

Heating was excellent, that was about it. Those Siberian winter's can get extra cold
    edited February 2020
    I have the wagon variant of this:

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    I am a huge fan of Terry's tipping but he had shaken me off good to see him land a couple at good odds.
    I suspect he may have too much flair to make it long term as a punter the blokes who seem to make a living from it are grinding it out 5 or 10% profit on turnover the rest go bad not terribly exciting after a while but good luck to them a hard gig.

JimmyPop likes this post.

So as a “pro”, to make a most modest quid of $50k (which i cant live on), you have to turn over $1,000,000 pa...... id rather put the money in the bank, risk-less, at 1.5%
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    It's easier than being a Collingwood supporter.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    edited February 2020
    H-BOMBER said:

TheDiva said:

Haha I had a Lada "Samara" early days

Heating was excellent, that was about it. Those Siberian winter's can get extra cold
    The word was that Ladas’ had really good heated rear windows. Just so that your hands didn’t get cold while you were pushing them.....

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Mine couldn't be opened from the outside on the driver's side haha amongst other things. A good feature was you could fold the seats at the back flat and you could actually sleep in it. Many a triple crown from Murdoch uni either sleeping in the back or transporting up to 10 people

Good days
    paraletic said:

So as a “pro”, to make a most modest quid of $50k (which i cant live on), you have to turn over $1,000,000 pa...... id rather put the money in the bank, risk-less, at 1.5%

Turning over $1m could be done easily with a bank of 10k as long as you didn't have a bad run early on. If you'd rather put the 10k in the bank at 1.5% and wait for a year to get your $150, good on you.
     There'd be over 200 Sky covered meetings in WA each year alone. You're only outlaying $5k per meeting to get $1m turnover.

therealkramer likes this post.

I suppose it all comes down to the run u have. I would rather $10,150 after a year instead of $0.00, which if u had Terry’s run, you would have been there.
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    worse para if you listen to the bloke he would have knocked it all off in his slump and borrowed to blast out! his followers deserved a collect
    Lack of knowledge about punting here is absurd
    edited February 2020
    If you are keen to take Terry on today, his lays and liabilities are below for Betfair

Liability $3K

Race 4 Snippy Miss $5 (available $4)
    Race 6 Aye Tee Em $4.8 (available ($3.80)