Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

ASCOT PREVIEW 15th FEB. 2020

West Australian Racing
where's Piker today?

Comments

• pikerpiker    404 posts
    I'm here Falc.

Remember that MP when referred to me does not mean Member of Parliment but instead Mug Punter.

Let's see how I go tomorrow.

R/1 The LS trained fave is v short after a particularly impressive trial.
    The only danger appears to be Diamond Trade.
    I am into both of them with all ups.

R/2 I have gone for Eristic here. He is one of those horses I keep thinking has already won his maiden!

Secait is v v short.

R/3 A 2 pronged attck with the 2yo's here for me.
    The N Parnham horse Guarded was a mighty run last time and is fave.
    Sunnysilk has blinkers on for the DH yard in form.
    I have gone at both.

R/4 This looks a bit too tough for me.
    The classy 3yo Some Sort comes from the outside barrier in good feld.
    The Neville Parnham pair can either win when they are keen.
    And.....when will it be Plutocracy's day?

R/5 Has Valour Road peaked and on the way down or did he just drink too much last time pre-race? Will the stablemate be backed in again and win again?
    The Celt can run v v fast time when on song; so I am hoping here!

R/6 Superstorm has always promised so so much; but not delivered to me yet!
    Tuscan Queen did not look so good in her trial.
    So I have had a tickle on Naughty but Nice.
    Her run was mighty good; company seemed ordinary though.
    I am hoping she has really improved and the trainer is no slouch.

R/7 Here I like Media Baron; enormous run in fast time last run and the distance should suit; especially with a fast Patrisitic pace.
    Naturally I have to put in Debellatio too.

R/8 That Special Choice horse put in great and seemingly unlucky runs against top company last time The price here 1.75 makes me really think he has progressed significantly.

R/9 This is just so open with chances to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11 and 15.
    I couldn't leave out Barbie will Do as she keeps finishing on.
    Musical Art has always shown lots of promise to me and with winkers on and the trainer doing well, he is in.
    Plays the Game is starting to re-live the old promise of 2018.
    V Frank now has W Pike up and maybe he can nullify the bad draw.
    I love a leader in these races and Rayarnie is now in this field; was good run first up.

I'm hoping that I have pointed in the right direction; still looking for a compass.

Good Luck and All the Best.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2020
    Good work Piker...am just going for a dabble on two races....

Race 4 - have never backed this guy - but a few times been taken with its guts and determination, he's a goer - on the eachway basis of 2 x 6 - Plutocracy.

Race 6 - ok let's see if can get something out of the race on quinella betting - every man and his dog will have it, but will try for a small profit. Looks easy = a moral for something to go wrong.

Am taking all ways quinella on Superstorm - Tuscan Queen - Naughty But Nice 20 times = $60
    Then Superstorm and Tuscan Queen for $30.
    Superstorm and Naughty But Nice for $20.
    Total quinella spend $110.

Think if was betting just one horse in the race would go Tuscan Queen - small win - big place. But will stick to quinellas at this stage.

If the winner and at least one placing doesn't come from those three - will walk to China!

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2020
    Another big effort Piker. Takes a fair  bit of time to prepare. Well played.

My interests are as follows;

R1 Very keen on Phandieri. 
    R3 Man Of The Hour for the novelties. Drawn too wide in this but will win one in the near future.
    R4 Appears too short but will give a sight at odds Al Di La
    R5 The Celt has had excuses recently. Big each way chance in this with better luck
    R6 Divide The Sea goes well fresh. One to include in the novelties
    R7 Lorentinio is my best bet
    R8 Bobcat Johnnie is my each way bet of the day. Roughie of the day is Duck Feet. Nice run first start and wasn't extended. In the mix for certain
    R9 Musical Art & Plead The Fifth Two at odds so back one and save on the other

Ridersonthestorm33, Chris likes this post.

edited February 2020
    Looking forward to the big one - maybe a little bit too far apart in the betting Superstorm and Tuscan Queen although the fave super hard to beat ( of course).

Will be interesting to see which direction the money goes, although do recall Missisippi Delta when first up, one of the biggest winning drifters ever to be seen at Ascot and can't forget Star Exhibit - going wooshka first up when not a zac for it and victory at around 50/1.

Fair dinkum Naughty But Nice had oodles and oodles up its sleeve when winning first up, went to the line hard held - a bit different against these other two - but will see if can go close again.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    I think Superstorm will be one of Bobs really good ones...Melbourne will beckon...
    edited February 2020
    Could be falcon - although recall when Superstorm rolled in the Bunbury maiden behind Mr. Kunaafa...should've won easily, but the winner had to do it reasonably tough too.

Going to be a super hard marker here - hmmm...beaten in a Bunbury maiden, unplaced in the Guineas and unplaced in the Kingston Town, hearing a lot of talk, is deep into the red - it's already time to walk the walk! Those couple of runs in the Guineas and KT were bloody good just the same.

Early $1.60 wow that's skinny...could come out and win with a leg in the air, but not sure about taking around 4/7.

Some early support for the filly Monteleena, now into third favourite ahead of Naughty But Nice. Those two fillies and the other classy filly Tuscan Queen might "gang up" on the gelding.

Going to be a ripper this one. Four of all quality.

thefalcon likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I've got a tip in every race for the PRTipstar competition

Forgotten Jewel
    Mins Win
    Champagne Diva
    Hoboken
    Flower of War
    Naughty by Nature
    Media Baron
    Zachariah Baeu
    Prescience

Best of those for me as a chance and a decent price is Naughty by Nature, I'm willing to take on the Peters juggernaut first up and NBN looked absolutely wound up for this prep last start. I've taken $10.

Best each way by a mile is Prescience in the last. Will get as much as $31. I reckon it's a get out special.

Cheers and good luck

edited February 2020
    Just love the last race - the good 'ol stayers...a hardy bunch the crew, will today be the day for Plays The Game...narrowly run down late by Nice Go at the Sunday Bunbury meeting previous run.

See that equal fave with Plays The Game is now Volkswagon Frank - goodness gracious been a good supporter of Frank, but he's had every possible mortal chance at his last two runs, can Willy Pike squeeze another length out of him...very good combo there J Warwick/W Pike and if anybody could lift the Volkswagon over the line it's those two.

As they say..if behind coming to the last race..good luck, very tricky affair.
    edited February 2020
    On Tabtouch Volkswagon Frank now into $4.60 out right favourite, drawn wide too...ok Pikey, you win the last race often - but if can get Frank home from an outside gate as a possible favourite - you've achieved everything!
    That race should be about a 6/1 ( $7 ) the field type of race - betting under $5 fixed on a race with that many chances is hard to beat.
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Bobcat J in the 8th ...as Slip alluded to was not extended last start...E/W special....

cheerd
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Superstorm has a touch of the Claremonts about him ......needs disclosure of a few pages of absolutely factual performance before the judge assesses and gives the verdict.
    Champagne Diva 21 into 8.50 this morning @-)
    On tabtouch that is. Still 19+ other places
    edited February 2020
    Cmmmmon Bomber don't take much notice of silly Tabtouch..saw a guy betting one day with them and everytime he put a decent bet on..."odds have changed" always went down too.. haha funny that. As if the odds wern't already bad enough.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Must believe the  blinkers  have improved it six lengths. little bit green last start,,with a stop start run nothing untoward happened in the run to say it was unlucky granted  its  a drop  in class in its favour--- barrier one can be minefield with the blinkers first time, good luck if your on.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'm heading out today..after those first 3 where its impossible to pick a winner.
    will have a dabble on Hoboken, Flower of War and Debellatio.
    maybe a multi...
    :)) 
    i'll have a good look at bobcat johnnie....
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    No dodgey report--- having  a little on  his Orental Warrior very creditable run firstup after receiving early buffeting, then wanted to find the line  beaten 3.8l and ran its last 600m quicker then todays favourite guarded -----then Staples to Harvey.jockey change would like to see the race 1200m but can't have eveything when there 34s.---6s a ticket

spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    I had me ten by ten as well last start STG. Better follow up if I don’t you know what will happen

savethegame likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    The honeyman each way all day in the second will do me.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    City Centre #-o the stable couldn’t buy a winner at the moment!

JimmyPop likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Lets go Illustrious Tycoon  ew in a very open race.
    edited February 2020
    Might only be a sprinter but is a real junkyard dog that Plutocracy, three wide and no cover the journey again. Showed teriffic fight once more.
    edited February 2020
    Guns Of Navarone he can get certainly get under punters skin...previous seven runs - unplaced four times, but also in there two wins at 40/1 and 20/1 and a second today at 33/1. Been a reasonably handy type, but can put a few dodgy ones in.
    edited February 2020
    Naughty By Nature well ridden trailed into the race nicely and looks a good type alright, which shows how good Superstorm is. Was a fraction indecisive on him but am converted!

Quinella dividend of $5.50 held up pretty well considering exacta paid the same. Tuscan Queen she ran on ok without looking in the run likely to figure. 4th was ok.
    edited February 2020
    Had been calling the filly Naughty By Nature - Naughty But Nice, that's Piker's fault haha, followed in on the back of, must have been thinking about one of his early girlfriends there.
    Media Baron finally living up to the potential o thought he had early. Dominant today and another great price
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    took 6.2 with terry leighton lol he laid it to lose 3k
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    2 of his 3 lays got up....ouch 

JimmyPop, razor likes this post.

The other was Gunnago in the same race as the Baron
    Gee whiz Prescience beaten 1.5 lengths after sitting 3-4 wide the trip pinching the breeze 8-}