G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I tuned in for the first 10mins to check out the crowd and generally have a look.
    Must admit I did not like the number of ball ups.
    It seemed like every time there was a ball up it was followed by 4 or 5 in a row before they cleared the area.
    Maybe needs a rule change somehow to open things up ???
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Yep CoF...totally toweled up, and hope the mens team feeds off how good the girls feel by performing like that.

Dorkers did well last year and have covered their losses well. Hope they get into the big show this year.

Weagles are a fair way off the pace from what we ahve seen so far. Be interesting to see if there is improvement during the season or they drop off even further
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Rio I think the Eagles made an error in their recruiting by going for mature players rather than youth. Fourth oldest team in the comp so their only improvement can come by playing together for the rest of the season. Long term does not look promising.

RIO likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Wouldn't walk across the road to watch it.
    Shouldn't; be on Fox Footy channel, wear our famous clubs jumpers, sing our club songs or be rammed down our throats.

This crap gets prime time coverage, yet the ABL gets none? Ridiculous.

Manchild, spinking likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    I watched 5 mins , It is below under 16s boys standard, in fact the boys would  thrash them.

spinking, RIO likes this post.

Skids as Titus Oreilly says there is no law that says you have to watch it.

35,000 at the Derby and your coach was showing his support at the Collingwood/Carlton game.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts

5mins of your life you wont get back Manchild. If they sold tickets to the real deal at $3.00 a pop you would have to build another stadium to fit them in

Manchild likes this post.

Skids as Titus Oreilly says there is no law that says you have to watch it.

35,000 at the Derby and your coach was showing his support at the Collingwood/Carlton game.

I pay for the fox footy channel... this crap should be on ABC 3 or 7GEM.
    Having it on Fox Footy is like having play school on the Action Movie Channel, ridiculous.
    Read an article in the Herald Sun that the spate of ACL injuries in this years AFLW is being linked to their "menstrual cycle". WTF
    Please explain ???? @-)
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Reminds about the old one . Hear about the Irishman with the red foot. Tried to kickstart a menstrual cycle

detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    detonator said:

Read an article in the Herald Sun that the spate of ACL injuries in this years AFLW is being linked to their "menstrual cycle". WTF
    Please explain ???? @-)

Bit of sensationalism in the headline, it links pre and post menstrual hormone release as a possible factor for the increased rate in ACL injuries in the women's game, however there is no research or hard evidence to support this.

I would have thought the game being semi professional, coupled with the fact there is a high percentage of cross code players, along with the fact that there isn't an established pathway from a young age for the women to condition themselves to the game.
    Hear Darcy Moore is being pursued by Richmond.
    The deal sweetener is he gets to drive the Richmond float in the next Mardi Gras.
    Ouch !!! B-)

Manchild likes this post.

I'll leave this here for @skids hahaha

St Kilda 3.1 (19) def. Melbourne 1.8 (14)

Tight and tense across the entire evening, St Kilda produced a stirring final term at Moorabbin on Friday night to win their first AFLW game and triumph over the undefeated Melbourne by five points.

The Saints had plenty of fantastic performances on the night but it was their focal point, Caitlin Greiser, who kicked St Kilda to victory in a manner that Tony Lockett or the other "G-Train" Fraser Gehrig had done so many times in the past.
    From The Age paper
    H-BOMBER said:

The Saints had plenty of fantastic performances on the night but it was their focal point, Caitlin Greiser, who kicked St Kilda to victory in a manner that Tony Lockett or the other "G-Train" Fraser Gehrig had done so many times in the past.

I've heard the term drawing a long bow, but I think I've heard it all now

The game is getting hate from people because of reporting like this.

RIO, oldhendo, Gilgamesh likes this post.

At least the AFLW gives the long suffering Docker supporters something to cheer about.
    The AFLW Docker home crowd numbers could exceed that of the men. =))
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

At least the AFLW gives the long suffering Docker supporters something to cheer about.
    The AFLW Docker home crowd numbers could exceed that of the men. =))

And that still wouldnt be much to brag about!!!!!! hahahahaha

detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I watched most of the second half of the GWS training run against the Weagles and even though it was very late in the game it was worth the wait to see the game highlight.

The final Siren..

They have to take this crap off of TV

oldhendo, detonator, Manchild likes this post.

As Titus Oreily said, there is no law that says you have to watch it.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

As Titus Oreily said, there is no law that says you have to watch it.

I keep having a look to see if it is any better...You know the old living in hope stuff.. There are some games that are fair to watch..But by covering every game, too many people are goign to watch that crap and be turned off forever!!!!!

If that game wasn't televised and i read where they were beaten by 5 goals...I'd say  "oh well , the first season and everything, am sure they will improve" but if you happen to accidentally watch it, you form the opinion of the above...

Take this crap off TV!!!

I am confident in the next 5 or 6 years it will be good to watch..You see patches of it in every game...But until it gets better, surely they need to control the exposure a bit...
    I must admit Rio that I fully understand Eagles supporters not wanting to be exposed to the TV coverage.
    edited February 2020
    If they must televise it... why not on Gem, 7Two, ABC3 or one of the other free to air channels?

Look at FoxFooty this arvo - 1987 State of Origin SA v V replay. Fantastic to watch as we all count down the sleeps until round 1. Then.......
    On the weekend, they not only televise the shamozzle of a competition, they replay the crappy games, over and over and over... all weekend!

It's preposterous!

oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    SKIDS said:

If they must televise it... why not on Gem, 7Two, ABC3 or one of the other free to air channels?

Look at FoxFooty this arvo - 1987 State of Origin SA v V replay. Fantastic to watch as we all count down the sleeps until round 1. Then.......
    On the weekend, they not only televise the shamozzle of a competition, they replay the crappy games, over and over and over... all weekend!

It's preposterous!
    Watching the WA vs VIC State Of Origin games from 1984 & 1986 really does highlight how backwards footy has gone since those halcyon days.
    It was 4 qtrs of fast flowing, action packed, better skills, end to end, goal scoring fests and what got me hooked on our game.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

SKIDS said:

It's preposterous!
    Watching the WA vs VIC State Of Origin games from 1984 & 1986 really does highlight how backwards footy has gone since those halcyon days.
    It was 4 qtrs of fast flowing, action packed, better skills, end to end, goal scoring fests and what got me hooked on our game.
    Totally agree with you VK - use to love the footy - basically got zero interest in it today - slow motion rubbish 

Ive switched totally over to golf - complete hacker myself - lucky to break a 100 - however i love watching that top class USPGA - i can watch hour after hour of it - brilliant commentary with Faldo and that - highlighting the technical aspect of the various swings etc 

Lat night on the computer - Golf TV channel over in America - which you can join for free - 9pm to 11pm - you can watch the American golf live - how good is that - they have 2 feature groups - Ricky Fowler Tommy Fleetwood - Justin Rose - brilliant stuff 

AFL today is just a heap of shiit - nearly unwatchable 

VillageKid likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    lets have a State of Origin for the martin wheelers.
  • actionaction    59 posts
    The thing is, these women are exposed to the best of sports scientists, fitness coaches etc that are commonplace in professional teams these days. So yeah all good and well saying wait 20 years but realistically the game should be way ahead of what we were watching in the 70s...but it's not, far from it.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    woohoo, the Dorkers have found a path to the goals 2 weeks in a row!!!!
    Too true Rio. Kicked more goals yesterday than the Eagirls did in their entire season.
    Is it true that the coaches of the AFL Dockers and AFLW Dockers have swapped playbooks after yesterdays results ?  =))

RIO likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Too true Rio. Kicked more goals yesterday than the Eagirls did in their entire season.

The Freo girls are playing a good brand of footy to watch.
    Fingers crossed they can go all the way this season.

RIO likes this post.