In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2020
    Falcon though long past the relevance of what you think... Re Navy Strike...

I was reliably informed the horse would run a race although more positive about the place than winning... Either that or I am a fan of the Sailor in the Village People.

DamienWyer likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'd take the second option..... =((
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    Friday Canterbury Race 1 SALATEEN EW at around $10/$3.20 off a good trial. It was 1050 (TRIAL) which suggests this would want 1200 or more but willing to have a go at the price

Saturday Flemington AUSTRALIAN GUINEAS Race 7 CHENIER EW Is the horse with the scope for improvement from the last start so going to have a crack EW at $7.00

Saturday Randwick Race 3 TOMMY GOLD Mainly a watch feel this horse has massive scope for improvement but is a long way from its last start getting beaten in a Canterbury MDN, where it was clearly the run of the race
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited February 2020
    Fabergino is running today at Flemington in R6 down the 1000m straight.

Good luck to Tiarnna Robertson and all involved. Shame Knuckey couldn't go
    over and ride but let's hope Jordan Childs gets the job done.

silky, spinking likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Fabergino...a WA horse wins the Listed Bob Hoysted Handicap (1000m) at Flemington. Nice win.

Could be a horse to follow....Could be a G1 Moir horse...races on speed and that G1 is at the Valley. Good times ahead.

#wahorses #waflag
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    The Melbourne jocks are not so yielding to Willy as they are here. They rode against him competitively on superstorm and cost him finishing closer. If that we’re here they let him out and he goes close

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

I know "loyalty" is a big thing, but taking a west ozzie over against those superb, competitive riders is probably not a good idea.
    just think of those gr 1 riders sitting in the jocks room as that race was won.
    just saying, no need to jump down my throat....
    8-X
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    thefalcon said:

I know "loyalty" is a big thing, but taking a west ozzie over against those superb, competitive riders is probably not a good idea.
    just think of those gr 1 riders sitting in the jocks room as that race was won.
    just saying, no need to jump down my throat....
    8-X

Nothing wrong with that ride IMO.

hash likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    How was the bumping duel between Boss and McDonald today. Wild West stuff.
    Also the ride on the favourite in the 7th at Newcastle. Didn’t see the one on the inside sneaking up.
    Reminded me of Nolan and Black Caviar in England. 
    :-B
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    TheDiva said:

The Melbourne jocks are not so yielding to Willy as they are here. They rode against him competitively on superstorm and cost him finishing closer. If that we’re here they let him out and he goes close

He only beats Alligator Blood in your wettest, wildest dreams @-)
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Just watched the replay of Fabergino. You couldn't be happier with that run, exciting times ahead for connections.

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Superstorm ran super...great run. If there was more speed up front then Superstorm wins the Australian Guineas.
    PC said:

Superstorm ran super...great run. If there was more speed up front then Superstorm wins the Australian Guineas.

No. Maloney put the whip away the last 100m, whereas Pike looked like a windmill all the way to the line. If there was more pace, AB would've taken a sit, just like he did in the 3yo MM race. The only way you're going to beat the Queenslander is to ambush him. He eyeballed Catalyst last start and broke him

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    might be right over 1600m Kramer but over 2000m I’d be on the Storm.  I’d be paying the late nom for the Aus cup and make Willie make a choice if it was me.  Bob would be every chance of going one, two if he does

might be right over 1600m Kramer but over 2000m I’d be on the Storm.  I’d be paying the late nom for the Aus cup and make Willie make a choice if it was me.  Bob would be every chance of going one, two if he does

Oh come on. Alligator Blood is easily in the top 10 horses in the country. It's obvious a lot of you don't watch races over east unless there's a WA representative. Kings Will Dream is a rightful fav for the Australian Cup
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    The bumping to get out doesnt help momentum but was never going to win that. Gets clear when the race is over and done with. AB drops them like a bad habit.

thefalcon, RIO, therealkramer likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts

Oh come on. Alligator Blood is easily in the top 10 horses in the country. It's obvious a lot of you don't watch races over east unless there's a WA representative. Kings Will Dream is a rightful fav for the Australian Cup

Had to re-read what I wrote after your post.  I said every chance not a certainty. but I’ll be shocked if regal power doesn’t start near on favourite and I’m happy to be on at $15
    Agree @paraletic, the only way Alligator Blood loses is if he leads(he is versatile enough to not need to) and does it at a silly pace, in which Maloney would probably lose the ride. He ain't that dumb. This is the horse jockeys wait their whole career for. The long Flemington straight was more in the favour of those chasing, especially after AB got caught late in the Caulfield Guineas, at a course usually more favourable to on pace types.

Had to re-read what I wrote after your post.  I said every chance not a certainty. but I’ll be shocked if regal power doesn’t start near on favourite and I’m happy to be on at $15
    From what I've read today the All Star Mile is the last target before AB goes for a spell. The Everest(1200m) & Golden Eagle(1500m) have already been pegged as targets in the spring. No rush to get to the 2000m yet-plenty of money elsewhere and the horse is a gelding.

thefalcon likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Anyone watch Race 4 at Randwick today? Never seen anything remotely like the bumping dual turning in.

therealkramer likes this post.

edited February 2020
    JayJay said:

Anyone watch Race 4 at Randwick today? Never seen anything remotely like the bumping dual turning in.

Bossy ended up getting an eight meeting suspension, too. 

From the Stewards' report:

Imaging – Began awkwardly. A post-race veterinary examination revealed the horse to be 2/5 lame in
    the near hindleg. Trainer Mr C Waller was advised that a veterinary clearance would be required prior
    to Imaging barrier trialling or racing again. G Boss rider of Cascadian was found guilty of a charge of
    careless riding under AR131(a) in that after attempting to shift Imaging wider on the track to obtain a
    run to the outside of Quackerjack making the home turn, where there was not sufficient room, he then
    continued to endeavour to force a run near the 400m where there remained insufficient room to do so,
    resulting in Cascadian and Imaging making significant contact on a number of occasions and both
    runners becoming severely unbalanced and Imaging losing its rightful running. G Boss's licence to ride
    in races was suspended for a period to commence on Tuesday 10 March 2020 and to expire on Sunday
    22 March 2020 on which day he may ride.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Just 8 meetings? That seems awfully generous. That was bumper cars 101 and a shocking looking incident.
    he'll just grab his missus and rack off to Hawaii for a few days...no probs..
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    I like a couple in the 6th at Doomben tomorrow.

#2 Zoulou Dancer & #14 Mishani Blossom.

Zoulou Dancer is Luke Dittmans only ride at the meet and he's been in pretty good form of late.
    Mishani Blossom is the Currie stables only runner for the day after a lengthy spell and did show a bit as a late 2yo, early 3yo before her break.
    Both at good odds and will be in a bit of a quartet go.

oldhendo likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Gees Battle Torque one more bound wins at $150

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    See winner in  race 3 in  n.z.. Confessional ridden by 4kg apprentice Wes, Papier.--- A omen wouldn't came much better then that see it paid-----  9.50(f)
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Was getting very keen on Regal Power in the Australian Cup but going off it now with a softish track and out to 6.50? Also Constantinopole out to 40s started near enough favourite in the Cup thehuge wraps the wheels have fallen off by the looks of it.
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Special Reward just brained them at Newcastle. He's a ripper.
    The_Bull said:

Special Reward just brained them at Newcastle. He's a ripper.

Don’t know about that...the stablemate was rapidly taking ground off SR after Avdulla cuddled him for as long as he could.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Following up on Halvorsen in the Newmarket tomorrow. Great closing sectionals in the Oakleigh Plate.